Do you sell a commodity? The robots are coming soon...

3 replies
Do you sell a commodity? The robots are coming soon: "Unless you sell dreams or magic or negotiate using special perks, bribes or other valuable add-ons that have nothing to do with specifications, price and availability, start thinking about your next gig. Machines can take so much cost out of any sales process (request for proposal, quotation, order and fulfillment system), it is the fiduciary responsibility of your CEO and the board to hire robots. You're fighting gravity get out!"
The 5 Jobs Robots Will Take First | DigitalNext - AdAge
#coming #commodity #robots #sell
  • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
    You can add Software Developer, Web Developer and Mobile App Developer to their list...

These three professions will not disappear completely in 20 years. But, those of us automating these will decrease the need by 90%.

Instead of having a department of 100 Developers.... They'll only need 10.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11025372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author animal44
    When I got into software development back in the mid 1970's, they were predicting that machines would be automating software development within 10 years... 40 years later, "they" are still making these claims...

Salesmen are already redundant...
    Signature

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
    What I do for a living

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11025554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
      Originally Posted by animal44 View Post

When I got into software development back in the mid 1970's, they were predicting that machines would be automating software development within 10 years... 40 years later, "they" are still making these claims...

Salesmen are already redundant...
      Take it from someone who has been in the IT industry 25 years, most of the "run of the mill" business application Developers will be long gone in 20 years.

Their will be some "customizations" that will need to be done from time to time... That is where the "left over" 10 Developers will spend their time... The other 90 Developers will be long gone.

It is not a sales pitch.... Just the truth coming from someone personally making it happen. :-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11026040].message }}

Trending Topics