Help Getting Web Consulting Clients (while working full time job)

by him77
4 replies
I need ideas on how to work with the leads I generate while working a full time job. I have a few lead sources, but the problem I'm facing now is I don't have the time to work with them as much as I would like. The only thing I can think of is offering a commission to someone for closing a sale, but trying to find someone to help with that I trust has been a hassle. I can close sales for days (I work in sales now) and I love closing the sale myself, but finding the time to do so has been racking my mind. ANy tips?
#clients #consulting #full #job #time #web #working
  • Profile picture of the author briancbk
    no easy way. You get up and work 2 hours before you leave for your job, return calls and emails on every break, and during lunch, and you work from the time you get off until you cant hold your eyes open anymore. Not sure what king of "web consulting" you are doing. Do you build websites, trying to sell SEO? At some point, you just have to stop sleeping more than 5 hours per night, and go all in on your business, in order to free up time by cutting back on your day job. Otherwise, it is just a part time hobby. Post more details about what you do, and I am happy to provide a few specifics.

I tried an outside salesperson with a high commission when I was in your position. I was not able to find someone that had my technical ability to explain my business to the client on my behalf. I just ended up on the phone with him, relaying the info to the client anyway. It didnt save me any time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11035486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J50
    How successful are you at what you're doing? Have you considered resigning and going full-time instead?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11035528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Young
    In my experience, it is much easier to close the sale yourself than to find someone else to do it. It's also fairly easy to find someone you can trust and pay them to help fulfill the service. If you can close then you are in a good position.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by him77 View Post

I need ideas on how to work with the leads I generate while working a full time job. I have a few lead sources, but the problem I'm facing now is I don't have the time to work with them as much as I would like. The only thing I can think of is offering a commission to someone for closing a sale, but trying to find someone to help with that I trust has been a hassle. I can close sales for days (I work in sales now) and I love closing the sale myself, but finding the time to do so has been racking my mind. ANy tips?
    where you work now.. can you work 4 10 hour shifts and have a weekday off? can you work weekends and have 2 weekdays a week off? there can be tons of possible work arounds to your issue.

Work less hours and take a 2 hour lunch. set new client appointments for Saturdays - my schedule is all booked up.. I can make some time for you this Saturday would that be ok? My days are over scheduled... can we meet after 6?

YOU are holding yourself back... where there is a will there is a way.
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11042586].message }}

Trending Topics