How are most SEO companies currently generating warm leads besides online marketing?

5 replies
I have worked at several SEO companies that are using cold calling via call-centers to generate leads and acquire new clients. As I am an expert in this field, I am curious if this is this a popular option for a majority of other SEO companies?
#companies #generating #leads #marketing #online #seo #warm
  • Profile picture of the author AgnieszkaRyba
    Hey, I also work in a company providing SEO services. So for me it is very interesting topic.

I also use cold calling to generate leads.
    So far it is not effective.
    But maybe our process is not completely proper.

Danny - how effective cold calling was in companies you used to work with ?
    Can you describe how the process looked like ?
    After first cald call - have you sent an e-mail with an offer or was the meeting crucial ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11196290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    If you're a serious business person, you'll use any and all profitable means of getting clients. It would be silly for an SEO company not to cold-call, put ads in the local paper, on FaceBook, etc. if conversions warrant it.

Originally Posted by Danny Payton View Post

I have worked at several SEO companies that are using cold calling via call-centers to generate leads and acquire new clients. As I am an expert in this field, I am curious if this is this a popular option for a majority of other SEO companies?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11196396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    I offered SEO like services to local businesses (meaning local to their customers) for 15 years. The single most effective way to generate leads I found was through speaking at trade shows and gatherings of business owners. Nothing came close.

And the more expensive your service, the more the positioning as a speaker will help your business.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11196470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theleadsguy
    From my experience, the majority of companies are using a mix of cold calling and email marketing to reach out to prospective customers. SEO is very a competitive niche so it's hard to get clients via other avenues.

I've found that the success rate of cold calling and email marketing campaigns really depends on the quality of the leads that the company is using. A lot of times salespeople end up spinning their wheels because the information in their leads are inaccurate or out of date.

The best strategy is to have a very targeted customer profile and a list of leads that has been verified for accuracy before you start calling.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11205053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArunPable
    I am also working with digital marketing company, they are hiring telecalling team to start from cold calling.

In cold calling is telecaller pitching them with different different service.

Once client got interested then meet going to fix with client.

After meeting company may be get that lead into client or customer.
    There is so may trick to get lead one of them is above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208830].message }}

Trending Topics