Is This a Good Idea for Music?

7 replies
Music is a huge business in my country and I am thinking of setting up a blog where I can help promote music stars, mostly rising ones to showcase their songs, videos and all that.... and of course for a fee... They pay me to write about them, do interviews about them and so on.

I am willing to pay for ads to have this all set up and running...within 48 hours.

What do you guys think?
#good #idea #music
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Marcell
    I think it sounds like an interesting idea.

But an important question to think about is why would someone choose you to promote them over a competitor?

If you're just starting, your website won't have much authority yet so who exactly is going to see what you write?

Your clients will factor this into their decision of whether or not they should choose you.

And the time it takes to run and test ads is something to also factor in.

I would spend some time trying to raise your authority and then focusing on finding rising stars to promote.

The music industry is really competitive and if you aren't standing out from the crowd. It's going to be a tough ride.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11207182].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chenbui
    I think it's a good idea to build a website about music. But If you want to build a website like that I think you need many efforts because this niche has many competitors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11207544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lana2303
    The idea is good. But I would like to see how it will look alive)))
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

Music is a huge business in my country and I am thinking of setting up a blog where I can help promote music stars, mostly rising ones to showcase their songs, videos and all that.... and of course for a fee... They pay me to write about them, do interviews about them and so on.

I am willing to pay for ads to have this all set up and running...within 48 hours.

What do you guys think?
    They're only going to want to pay you if your blog can provide substantial exposure which means you'll need a blog with decent traffic first.

Also, most musicians are poor which means they can't afford to pay you your fee.

Most blogs will talk about a good band for free, any decent band doesn't need to pay for blog exposure.

Just my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by masterpeez4py View Post

What do you guys think?
    Sounds like it could be a good idea. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Another way you could monetize is iTunes or selling there music I would think as well?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MauiJae
    What a great idea! Your own record label.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonTheFreeman
    You can start by promoting artists for a low cost, do collaborations if you have your own music content as well. Starting small and humble is a good way to get initial traffic and build up your network. The real business starts when you have gained a significant amount of following and viewers. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208875].message }}

Trending Topics