Creating buyer Personas: a newbie chicken and egg questions

by fig000
1 replies
Hi,

Totally new to all social media issues. I and my wife are writers and I'm trying to market our books. I believe I have to start with buyer personas which I assume will have to be done before I effectively retool our websites; I have to know who I'm targeting with the website to decide on content. We are a couple without a large budget.

I have read that it is possible to mine existing data (Facebook insights) to FIND our target audience to develop buyer personas. I don't see the upside to developing buyer personas by brainstorming with my wife (as some have suggested). We are not experienced enough.

I will leave keyword choice and grouping and similar issues for my website out of this conversation. That's another mountain I will have to climb; most articles on that subject are light on specifics. But I need to start by finding my target audience to inform the website.

Can anyone suggest any resources to mine social media activity to find the types of buyers that will buy our books and ways of reaching them that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil
#buyer #chicken #creating #egg #newbie #personas #questions
  • Profile picture of the author Meghann Uy
    Hi fig000 and welcome to Warrior Forum.

What are your books about? This would help in narrowing down who your target market should be.

Buyer personas are okay too, but you can also try asking a couple of friends to help you out in getting started.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11208715].message }}

Trending Topics