Hey My Warriors - How Many Hours Do You Spends For Your Online Business?

42 replies
Hi!

Through this question, i'm curious about how serious you are with your online business

For those of you who believes that online business is just click few buttons and getting rich

Through my experience, you can not do that and forget about that idea.

Treat online business as a real business my friends

Have a great day
#business #hey #hours #online #spends #warriors
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    I generally work about 16 hours a day most every day. I take Christmas and Halloween off and 2 weeks a year I step away, but not completely. I don't have a business.. I have a job in which I happen to be the owner!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248451].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hamza19952017
      What do you work in? Im new here and I'm so confused
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249776].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kapoki
    Around 50-60 hours a week, but that's because I really like the work. I could get a very good income from working a few hours a week, but hey...what would you do the rest of the day?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Duy Linh
    Oh man.

Around 8 hours per day

No day off. At the beginning of this online business, i did not know what to do

So i spent very little time for it. At that time i had a feeling that something wrong. Now i know what was that.

There is no easy way to be successful online without hard work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248539].message }}
  • It's hard work and lot of investisment whether money or time required.
    The bad thing about IM for some people,is that it was never a get rich quickschem (unless there are things I am ignorant at) so they get disappointed.
    On the other hand , because I like the businessness model,I can almost work 24/7.
    I am very happy doing what I love reading, commenting and other useful stuff online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zaleckihudle12
    For me, it's 3-4 hours/day.
    But i think it's not important how many hours you spend a day, it's important how effectively you work in that period of time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HarrieB
    I make passive income from my android apps and kindle books every month but I still work 5-6 hours daily because I like to work. Last 2 months of year, I relax and plan for next year.

When I started out, I worked really hard but once u start to make a stable passive income, u can relax a little. Since I have a kid now, I plan to spend more time with him.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    At the moment, from when I wake up until I go to sleep.

With a couple of hours break thrown in throughout the day.

The ironic thing is, the MMO niche attracts lazy people, when the reality is it takes a crap-ton of hard work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maxxx333
    i merge this job with my university studies, gym, and many other things, so i just have 4 hours everyday to work, and still trying to make it as well!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jordan Stark
    It's about ACTION. Some people take the right actions at the right times and others don't. That is the difference between winning and losing. I start my day at 2 a.m. every day in order to deal with clients on both sides of the planet. Others don't. Thus, I get clients that others don't and make money that others don't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pritamobi
    I spend around 10 hours a day for searching domains and reselling them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DigitalSukhendu
    6 to 8 hours per day. Sometimes I spend more than 10 hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopOffers Network
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author htdkannan
    I'm spending around 2 to 3 hours per day. And managing online jobs are not so easy as people think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebzSuite
    8-12 hours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sidrawat
    Probably 4 to 5 hours a day, the time being split between email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Business Forum Discussions, Twitter, and checking Business news and Sports...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kennyGodswilling
    infarct , online business to me is even hard than road side business {easy traffic}, maybe because am a newbie the procedures seem very tedious and complicated, even yielding zero result.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warrenway
    Lately I've been spending around 14-16 hours per day, sometimes to the detriment of my other responsibilities.

But I've been feeling that fire lately -- the one that makes me excited to wake up in the morning and immediately start working. I've noticed that this fire tends to come and go, sometimes inexplicably, so I have to run with it whenever I start to feel the burn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by Tonny Robb View Post

. . . i'm curious about how serious you are with your online business

I agree, hard work is necessary, especially in the beginning while setting things up and learning how to drive traffic.

However . . .

How many hours a day you spend on your business is really not a good indication of how serious you are about that business!

The hours you spend depend upon what you have to do to execute your business, what business niche and model you have chosen, whether or not you outsource, the automation tools you choose to use, whether or not you have staff in your business, and all kinds of other variables.

Successful and profitable business online doesn't require that you work like a maniac to try to stay busy.

Do you want to work smart? OR Do you want to work long hours?

Really, the choice is yours and it's very easy to constantly find ways to keep yourself busy if that makes you feel good - but it's not necessary!

Steve
    Signature

Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

Do you want to work smart? OR Do you want to work long hours?
      You can have both.

Some of us LOVE working, and I'm addicted to this stuff.

I found that out after I launched my first product and somehow it made enough for me to live on for the next 2 years.

The thought of doing nothing filled me with dread, and I realised digital marketing is like my hobby.

It's the first thing I think of in the mornings, and I can't wait to get to the computer to get started. Every day is different, and there's thousands of awesome people out there with amazing stories to tell, who feel the same about the thing they're working on.

Sod the money, we're changing people's lives.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Wake up 11am check my emails and profits for the day for 30 minutes and then off to Morton's for a mid day T-bone.

After filling my belly take off in my Bugatti and time for 18 holes of golf at the Country Club.

Finish off with happy hour for me and my entourage of 12 peeps. Loading up on Maine Lobster and then go check the emails and count my money... Again

Living the dream
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248960].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PPG19
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

Wake up 11am check my emails and profits for the day for 30 minutes and then off to Morton's for a mid day T-bone.
      You wake up way too early!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248963].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

Living the dream

Robert,

How many coaching gigs have you landed since your post and where will you find the time?

Steve
      Signature

Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tonny Robb
      We all love that lifestyle man

Congrats!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elliott0006
    For me, it's 2-4 hours/day.
    In any case, I believe it's not essential how long you spend a day, it's vital how viably you work in that time frame.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11248970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Depends Tony. Usually 8-10 hours, maybe more.

But the number doesn't matter, really. The leveraging effect of each action and the energy you inject into your actions means everything.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tritrain
    Right now? hah! About 16 hours a day.
    Signature
    Domains for sale - see seopositions.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249033].message }}
    I see! A lot of hard workers here with a passion at what they do

I'm on the right place, i'm a hard worker too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I dont spend many hours per day on my internet business. In fact much of the work is done offline (ebook consulting) - even though i only make money on the internet. Honestly... maybe just 2 hours. Searching for new crevices online where i can stick my plug for my offer in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hamza19952017
    Hi!
    Im new here, I wanna start making my business I need some advices.. I feel like Im swiming in the sea, and im so confused (I'm from morocco, my english is not god but I can understand what you said) thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249108].message }}
      Find out a mentor or a right system to follow is your important mission now.

If you take this first step not carefully, you might lose a lot of time for making mistake, correct them by yourself

If you find a right system to follow, you could save a lot of time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11250203].message }}
  • I work from 6 - 12am (highest priority tasks)

I think about work from 12 - 6pm (ideas - planning - non priority tasks - daydreaming - getting out of the house/office)

The second part of my day (12 - 6pm) determines what I set as priorities for the first part of my day.

It makes little difference how much action you take unless those tasks are priorities, and you are highly productive and not just busy. Without the second 6 hours of my day, the first 6 hours would never be as valuable.
    Signature
    Strong Men and Women put themselves in harms way
    for the freedoms weak people give away for safety
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anayb
    Normally, if you're passionate about something, then working very long hours everyday to achieve a maximum level of output can be a fun. I always wanted to pursue a career in aviation; so, I had started to learn flying after my 10+2, but things didn't go very well. I started IM in 2013. The community in WF made me believe that striking out on your own may very well be the right path for me. So, I started to work even more harder (min. 10 hours/day, no holidays, 5 years straight) to build a system for passive income. If you put enough efforts upfront, you can reap the benefits later. Now, I'm in a position that I can spend the entire cost of my training up to Airline Transport Pilot (ATP), may be purchasing an aircraft or two to streamline my entire training process.
    Signature
    Do you need an exclusive video product?
    Graphics Design - Motion Graphics - 2D & 3D Animation - Video Editing - Color Grading - Logo Animation - etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheTing
    I think you should put the hours spent working into perspective.

Working 2 hours a day and earning 600$ is way better than working 12 hours a day and earning 1200$. Although it's double the income, in the first instance, 1 hour=10$ but in the second one, 1 hour=0.30$
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11249544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marks2424
    When I started it was pretty much 10 hours a day 7 days a week because I was reading a lot and learning a lot while building my web sites. I was also spending a lot of time on forums and other sites getting backlinks. Once I got everything set up and going I cut the time down a lot as I was just getting burnt out, I also had a lot more to learn as I could do all the visual and behind the scenes stuff but needed a lot more info on driving traffic getting an e-mail capturing system up and running and learning how to do that. Now I have a regular job and don't spend as much time as I did but still spend time re learning things as everyone seems when they make an update on anything the change everything and is nothing like the system you were using so you have to learn everything from scratch again. Also have to tweak the sites to suite what ever Google likes this month since they keep changing things. I would say I now spend 10 to 15 hours depending on what else I have going on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11250290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    As far as treating it like my hobby because Iam so passionate and excited about doing it ?? Not a chance.

I value to many other things in my Life way more than IM..i.e my kids, athletic hobbies, church etc..etc..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11250306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaun Marrs
    I use Rescue Time to track my activities online and my time changes depending on what I am doing, it can be as little as 3-5 hours upto 12 hours plus depending where I am with site cycles and such.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11250317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Duy Linh
    To be honest

I can not count anymore

Don't really have time to count, but it's a lot of time
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11255135].message }}

Trending Topics