Should I include video in my site?

36 replies
Hi
I have just created my first site which is due to go live soon. I wondered if it is a good idea to include some of my YouTube content on this site? The videos are relative. However, I have noticed similar sites that have no video content that seem to rank and perform well.

I felt without video, the content may appeal to more people?! If people don't like your presenting style etc might they be put off from visiting or subscribing to your site?

I guess this is a tough question to answer but does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks in advance
#include #site #video
  • Profile picture of the author copywriterpros
    First of all, the video is also good for SEO.
    Relative content hmmm... better try instead to create promo video related to your store.

Just allow your users that they can close/stop video if they dont like it. Rest will be just fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    if you think the video will add to your sites experience then yes. If it does not work you can easily remove it

al
    Signature

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Brindamour
    How High Can You Fly,

Typically video is good for a number of reasons. People like videos over text, they will get to know - like - trust you better. And as mentioned below it also helps with SEO.

Chris
    Signature

Subscribe to our Free Home Business Tips Newsletter and get insider tips on how to create wealth in an online business.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi H,

Go with it. Adding a personalized touch will turn people on to your site, and your brand, versus putting people off.

I'd get clearer and more confident on your presentation style so you embed that video and create a stronger magnet to pull in visitors.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ctrlaltdelete
    Yeah, I agree with the others here--they generally are good for SEO. Plus if you have product demonstration vids, you will definitely want to put them in your products' webpages. People will be more confident about buying from you if they see the items being used.

And like copywriterpros mentioned, you can give users the option to stop the video if they don't feel like watching. People have different tastes in content. Some prefer text while some prefer images and videos. You can do your best to cater to both, but just keep in mind that it's impossible to please everyone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289636].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexandar33
      Not all the videos are good for SEO, there are so many things that you should do before you even upload video. Keywords for the certain videos, topics and content play very important role. Some videos can be very negative for SEO so better take care about it before you even start.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290351].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ctrlaltdelete
        Yes, you're right that they're not all good. That's I why I stated that they are good -in general-. It will, in the end, depend on how the video is used. Certain elements still have to be taken into consideration, like what you've mentioned, so that it will be beneficial for SEO and the viewer's attention and experience.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11293097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seomental
    this is better idea,it will increase your reader attention .it will also help you to get backlinks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anjucost
    If you want rank on Google & your video is well optimize you can include video on your website. It's good for SEO & help in ranking. Make sure video is related to your content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arvind Kumar
    videos really help in explaining things very quickly...also visitors like video rather than reading big article..this also save lot of time...but do remember high quality images and videos and affect you site loading speed.......!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bharat Dawar
    yes , many people are attractive towards video and by inserting a clip we can explain our product to customers in less time .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KindaichiShota
    Video increase the SEO and it will be good if you include that in your site for better performance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brytespaklz
    Adding videos will definitely be advantageous.

Videos help by

(i) Improving visitor attention span,
    (ii) Increasing reader focus,
    (ii) Reducing bounce rate of site and
    (iii) Improving SEO.

Goodluck with your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289928].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexandar33
      Especially the first one! Visitors attention should be always your high priority. Without good attention there is advanced traffic and you should remember that golden rule.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacksonsophia086
    Including video on website is a good practice but you should make sure that your page speed is ok with it or your website doesn't gets heavy as it will give a bad impression to visitor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11289944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wingsofsuccess1
    DEFINITELY. If you are selling anything online or trying to connect with people, video is the best way to do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ibrahim Miharbi
    Am I allowed to add other people's YouTube videos on my site? I will of course credit them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
      Originally Posted by Ibrahim Miharbi View Post

Am I allowed to add other people's YouTube videos on my site? I will of course credit them.
      If the poster allows embedding.

Below the video click on Share > Embed and a window with the embed code will pop up.

Brent
      Signature
      Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
      All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Digital surat
    Yes, You Can Use Relevant Video For Your Particular Content.Because It Will Boost your Dwell Time And It's Increase Your Website User experience.it will impact your website Trust score.

Plz, Make Your Own Brand Video, That Increase Your Overall Brand Value.
    Most Of Digital Marketer Said This Year Will Became Video Marketing Year (2018)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author findassignment
    You should definitely include video on your site. It helps in grabbing visitor's attention. Just make sure they have the liberty of closing and playing the video as they want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290573].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leadmachine2
    Sometimes this can be very effective, but in many cases very irritating. If you decide to insert a video, think well about the content. It would be good for video content to be independent of sound because many visitors do not like to hear any sounds on the site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dharm433
    Video is make a king of your site include video and infographic in your site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author QuaziSazzad
    It's a better idea to add video . it get user attention . But sometime video auto play is very boring for user . So you may stop auto play option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffPub
    yes you can
    once you upload videos you will get good reach
    it affect your rank, visitors etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11290905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LEE BYRON
    Video is good for SEO,that is why Brian Dean insert video in his post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You can add the video, but the video(s) alone wont make or break the site. It's the marketing that will. Always remember that before you get caught up in the schematics of your website.

Should you add it? Sure, it never hurts to test. But if you put it up there for 3 months and it's not producing and bringing in the revenue that you was hoping for... then stop producing videos. It would be an exercise in futility.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sierracharlie
    Do a video. There seems to be an inextricable link between videos and high-ranking sites. But here is the caveat: do a video with a purpose. Don't just do a "we're a great company" video. Show your product in action, do a benefits video, do an explainer video of the problem your company solves but don't just have a video for the sake of having a video.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xeniux
    Video might be good for SEO, but you need a good one , otherwise your conversion would suffer instead of increase.

If you want to have more traffic from your video, you might better put it on YT or Vimeo instead on your site.

Embed the video from YT and Vimeo to save your hosting upload bandwidth, and to prevent it slowing down your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vinodroy
    Good quality of video make better your website bounce rate and quality content. So this is good idea for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eve Jones
    What do you mean by related video? Are they promotional ones or informative ones for users?
    Video makes an impact if users get to learn something from your site through video instead of traversing through the site. It gets eye-catchy and works for SEO too!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shahalam
    Hi
    You can submit your video in your website. Because video including is the one technique of Off page SEO. It will help your site to rank in google and traffic will stay long time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by How High Can You Fly View Post

Hi
    I have just created my first site which is due to go live soon. I wondered if it is a good idea to include some of my YouTube content on this site? The videos are relative. However, I have noticed similar sites that have no video content that seem to rank and perform well.

I felt without video, the content may appeal to more people?! If people don't like your presenting style etc might they be put off from visiting or subscribing to your site?

I guess this is a tough question to answer but does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks in advance
    I don't see why not? How would it have a negative impact? If there is no negative impact, then why not?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11292045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastreplies

I wondered if it is a good idea to include some of my YouTube content on this site?
    Let me put it to you this way.
    Everything that keeps your visitors around for extra few minutes is good thing
    and specially if these videos are eyeopeners that help them make final decision:
    to buy or not to buy

fastreplies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11292269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smartprofitmoney

Hi

I always add videos, helps out major on SEO ranking power, and sales, keeps customer on page longer also, and your YouTube channel if done right will bring in major sales for niche, some people on YouTube make bank, everyday.

So yes add the video, every time.
    Thank you
    Rob.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11292273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sioh Boon Yap
    Hi video plays a very important role in any promotion in particular online business. Some people say by providing video, your content are more interactive and interesting. More so if you have good quality videos, great content and lively information.

Personally, I think video helps a lot in any promotion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11292463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spearce000
    Yes, definitely. Just make sure they don't all autoplay at the same time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11293225].message }}

Trending Topics