Creating / Editing covers of products - need some help

14 replies
Hey warriors
bought some PLR products and going through editing/revising the entire content in order to make it better then publish for sale, still need to do something with the covers which usually come in multiple formats such as book cover, CD cover, banners etc,
could you please advise / recommend any software or how to get this done as soon as possible,
Kindly help, in the midst of the process and need to get this done as soon as possible,
many thanks in advance!
#covers #creating #editing #products
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Go to Fiverr and have someone design the covers and graphics for you. You'll get a great deal there. That's where i get my ebook covers and logos from.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mixmedia
      well, I know where to get ready made things or hire ppl at upwork etc, but need to invest time doing that by myself,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rich Roberts
    There are a few tools that can do so this but I prefer Easy Cover Genie which is now called Easy Cover Builder. I can provide a video review of the product but this is what I use to create my Ecovers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    If you use Fiverr make sure they have the proper license for the images that allow for commercial use.

You can always buy the images for them to use so you know they're legal.

Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291389].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexandar33
      Maybe he can check some of the websites with the free high quality images. I think on the forum there is a topic related to this exactly so this can be of huge help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11292965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezjob
    I like Canva.com. It's free and you can do just about anything with it.

It has pre-made templates. You can upload a photo, add text overlays, and much more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Besides what's already been mentioned, you can go to a place like Pixabay, Unsplash, Pexels, and dozens of other free image sites, find an image you like, crop or resize it to whatever book size you want, then add your own text to it and you'll have a cover. It will "get you by."

Will you have a well-designed, engaging and professional looking cover image? Most likely not. Most people, including most sellers on Fiverr, are not trained and talented graphic designers. It will probably look "home made." If you don't care about that . . . fine. If you want to have a professional looking cover, you need to pay the piper.

The choice is up to you.

Steve
    Signature

Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mickyl
    As mentioned here - I would simply outsource the whole thing to fiverr or place an ad here, in the warrior for hire section. Trying to do it by yourself can take alot of time, and there are other people out there that can do it for very little money.

Hope that helps...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    1. canva.com for creating the flat 2D cover design.
    2. mockupworld.com for the 3D book mockup templates.
    3. photoshop to combine both #1 & #2 above.
    4. pixabay.com and freepik.com for graphic/photo resources
    5. fotnsquirrel.com for any cool font you need.
    6. gimp.org and inkscape.org for free alternative to photoshop.
    7. even powerpoint can be very helpful for designing ebook cover.

Hope it helps.
    Signature

Hard time to keep promoting business? Don't worry!
    JUST USE MY GRAPHIC & VIDEO SERVICES
    . . . . . Let me help cutting your ad production cost! . . . . .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11291772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ctrlaltdelete
    I totally agree with what ezjob said about Canva.com. It's a real lifesaver if you're in a hurry and especially since you don't have the time to look for a freelance graphic designer. It's comes with all the basics you need for graphic design. The fonts are pretty limited though, but what they already have are good enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11293681].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11294812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mixmedia
      No, I dont need them, as not need this ur comment here as well,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11295075].message }}

Trending Topics