Best Tips On How To Name Your Blog For SEO Ranking

18 replies
  • SEO
  • |
What are the best tips for naming a blog for better SEO ranking ?
#blog #ranking #seo #tips
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Name whatever as you like.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Priyanka Kale
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

Name whatever as you like.
      Oooo.....I thought naming a blog with right keyword is good for ranking ......I thought you do the same....lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Priyanka Kale
    Ooo....even you do the same things for a long time ....any ways thanks for your reply. it really helps me...lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Castor Troy1
    Real name looks very natural, here should not use any company names or their services name, this type of name search engine take it as spam. And for ranking a blog you can do some link building for your blog it will index a blog in search engine quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Priyanka,

Think of an easy to visualize, smooth-sounding name with 1 or 2 keywords aligned with your niche.

I went with BloggingFromParadise Dot Com

Easy to remember. Sounds smooth. Easy to visualize a gal or guy blogging from paradise, and I've the "blogging" keyword in their, helping me rank for competitive "blogging" and "blogging tips" keywords, both important in my blogging niche.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gainerp
    Banned
    Use the long tail keyword for your blog domain name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Your domain name has no influence over what it will rank for. Google stopped giving a boost to keywords in a domain back in 2012.
    Signature
    BizSellers.com - The #1 place to buy & sell websites!
    We help sellers get the MAXIMUM amount for their websites and all buyers know that these sites are 100% vetted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328820].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author trade4861
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

Your domain name has no influence over what it will rank for. Google stopped giving a boost to keywords in a domain back in 2012.
      Google has said this but there are easy tricks to get the domain name to rank without the need for links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richardZ
    Originally Posted by Priyanka Kale View Post

What are the best tips for naming a blog for better SEO ranking ?
    You should select blog name based on what you are going to share in that blog, such as tech related posts,mixed posts etc.But the content you are about to share is not decided, then you have to select a common blog name because it will help you in future to share any content.

If talking about SEO ranking, then if the content of the blog will remain fresh and unique then it will automatically rank in the google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329306].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
      Originally Posted by richardZ View Post

If talking about SEO ranking, then if the content of the blog will remain fresh and unique then it will automatically rank in the google.
      Wow, that is SOOO wrong, it leaves me shaking my head. The freshness of content has absolutely nothing to do with how well something will rank, nor does it being "unique", in and of itself. There are a whole lot of "unique" posts out there gathering dust because they are irrelevant and not at all helpful to search queries.

Besides, your response didn't come close to answering the OP's question. (I guess that makes it unique, though).
      Signature
      BizSellers.com - The #1 place to buy & sell websites!
      We help sellers get the MAXIMUM amount for their websites and all buyers know that these sites are 100% vetted.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329873].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author richardZ
        Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

Wow, that is SOOO wrong, it leaves me shaking my head. The freshness of content has absolutely nothing to do with how well something will rank, nor does it being "unique", in and of itself. There are a whole lot of "unique" posts out there gathering dust because they are irrelevant and not at all helpful to search queries.

Besides, your response didn't come close to answering the OP's question. (I guess that makes it unique, though).
        Fresh content means unique content that readers always try to search by entering their search query in search engine.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11337746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PBScott
    Name your blog with keywords that a super relevant to the visitors you want to attract, preferably short and easy to remember. The naming itself won't increase your ranking, but at least you won't be wasting as many visitors, and that should help you in the long run.
    Signature

If you don't look at this => Really Funny Shirts <= you missed something in life

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sir David
    Any name is OK
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidricherd
    You have to choose easy & simple name for your blog so that user can remember it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Tan
    Naming a blog is more about branding and letting people remember it. Hardly a good name nets you free SEO effects that will go on for years. You have a name that people remember, and you work your SEO and content marketing and everything internet marketing to drive traffic to it.

You will hate it if you choose a lousy long tail name and then managed to rank it, to realize it's too long to be a good brand.

Organic traffic and ranking still comes from good SEO, link building and content marketing. Do pick a name you want to, consideration on whether the name you pick will be organically beneficial is not paramount.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khalidh009
    you should create a name according to your niche .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blakers1
    SEO doesn't matter in this case. Think BRANDING when you name your blog. Is the URL easy to remember? Do I know exactly what your blog topic is when you tell me the URL? Is it catchy?

You could name your blog supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and rank it for Hypnosis Weight Loss if you're good at SEO.
    Signature

Blake Akers
    Webology

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11334417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sftslab
    Tips on how to name your blog for SEO ranking:
    1. Branding
    2. Keywords
    3. Numbers
    4. Avoid ambiguity
    5. Exact match domains
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402271].message }}