Five years and 2000 posts later. . .

14 replies
It took years before I joined this forum. . . don't make the same mistake.

I was one of the lurkers who ducked in and out to glean advice and study the content the early masters of IM shared here in the old days.

If you are a lurker don't waste a second more and be sure to sign up and become part of Warrior Forum.

Shortly, I'll share some of my thoughts but before I do I'd like to thank all the members both active and retired who have helped me.

Sometimes it has just been a negative comment that has pulled me into line and it isn't always the positive replies that give you the most powerful advice so read each reply you get and appreciate the feedback you receive because the respondents don't owe you anything and when they give you sound advice it can help you make breakthroughs you never knew were possible.

I've made many friends who invited me into their circles and several who dedicated personal time to talk and meet on a regular basis.

These encounters have always enriched my life even if sometimes the descent into US politics or superhero movies or the dates we went on as young adults etc had little relevance to the marketing discussions we were meant to be having. . .

. . .but those other topics always drove home the importance of relationships and the passion that people have.

Passion is important.

I'm sure Claude will tell you he isn't passionate about vacuums but his passion shines through when you listen and read his material and realise if you have passion for something it becomes easier to get closer to the prospect you are trying to convert.

Relationships are important.

This is why if you are reading this and you haven't started a relationship with the group of members here you are missing out on something.

Ryan Deiss at last year's T&C talked about the importance of P2P selling or person to person. That is about relationship building.

This year he transitioned that into "conversations are the new lead"

Becoming an active contributor to this forum and others allow you to have those conversations.

You may not sell directly from these conversations but the reality is you are building your skills and building a relationship with your prospects because you are becoming a sharing individual through your interactions with others.

It takes time to mature.

Just like growing up you are always going to put your foot in your mouth from time to time and if you are really giving it a go you will be making mistakes (often)

As you grow and mature it becomes easier to acknowledge the "grown-ups" who influenced you when you were younger.

The same is true in within this forum.

It might take a while to appreciate the advice you receive from people who are further along the path than you.

Remember to respect the people who are helping you.

Remember to respect everyone.

Something that sticks in my mind and I'm not sure where I heard it or picked it up is:

"If you can't be good, be nice and if you can't be nice, be good."

When you show respect to others you build a reputation.

Pay attention to building the reputation you want.

The other thing that sticks in my mind that I first heard from my table tennis coach some 40 years ago was. . .

"It takes years to build a reputation and only one word to break it"

Build your reputation and guard your reputation closely because it is one of the few investments you really own and can capitalise on.

When I was 14 I set my first world record and was a cocky young kid who felt invincible.

I broke that record again at 15 and 17 but then I encountered an event that changed my life.

I failed at one event I was so confident of winning and I was within a whisker of achieving another record.

The organiser of that event was disappointed with me.

They told me quite harshly "You will never get a world record again"

Their comments have stuck with me my whole life.

It took another 14 years for me to set another world record and another 7 years after that to set my last world record " Furthest object thrown by a human" 427.2m That record has stood since 15th March 2005.

So 13 years ago tomorrow.

I think I'm due another record.

The lesson for you here is it doesn't matter what you do or what skills you have.

It takes time to have success.

I find it a little amazing I'm posting my 2K post on an anniversary of an outstanding achievement for me.

Each day is precious and make the most of each of them because time passes quickly yet success always follows efforts you make over a long period before the result happens.

Hopefully you can take something from this post and change your situation for the better.

Regardless of what you get remember to respect everyone you encounter and cherish the times you succeed and don't forget to celebrate with the people who matter to you.

Thanks Warriors

Best regards,

Ozi
#advice for newbies #benefits #posts #years
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Thanks for sharing this. Not many lurkers share their own story.

It will be great for lurkers to share their story not now but after some time.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author suniltams
      Sure, it would be a great thing to do. This is my first ever comment on any forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    A lot of what the Op says was true in the past but I find myself lurking more and more nowadays because theres less and less of substance to be a part of. For example theres only about 3 or 4 old posters in the SEO section who bother to post (once in awhile) because we have been over run by people suggesting techniques that went out five years ago and they never got the memo.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    Ozi,

What a wonderful post. I always enjoy reading the milestone posts, but I think this is my favourite to date. I think the true value of a milestone post should come from personal insights, born from experience, that all of us can use to better ourselves. Well, you sure as hell accomplished that with this one, mate. So much wisdom in that post. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Tom
    Signature

I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

" Furthest object thrown by a human" 427.2m That record has stood since 15th March 2005.
    ...which was the last time anyone dared to serve you a warm beer.

Great stuff, Ozi.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    The record the longest throw of an object without any velocity-aiding feature is 427.2 m (1,401.5 ft) by David Schummy (Australia) with a boomerang on 15 March 2005 at Murrarie Recreation Ground, Queensland, Australia.
    Did it come back?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Ozi,

This is truly one of the best posts I've every read on Warrior. Clear, successful, heart-centered advice here.

So happy to RT to my followers.

Thanks dude.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hdpossoftware
    This is the right place for everyone who would like to find out about it. You realize so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to...HaHa).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author baronet
    Thank you for the great post.

I very much enjoyed reading it - I've been a member for many years, dipping in and out like you did!

I'm going to be a lot more disciplined in coming here regularly and learning from some of the smart guys and gals here!

Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maxxx333
    it's really kind to post such type of contend around here,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328904].message }}
  • Coolest thing?

You were so monstrously generous when I was so generously monstrous.

Speaks volumes to Moi.

Plus also ... srsly cool 2000th post.

On a "motivational flinger" ticket, gotta figure u the only guy for whom

You make me wanna hurl

morphs out all positive from stock insult to superparticularly singular praise.

Las' thing I tossed never made it past my sofa -- but that is another story.

Keep 'em wingin', Ozi.

Signature

Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FiveStarFiverr
    Banned
    What an inspiration. This is an incredible post and one every new and old marketer should read and pass on to 100 people as quickly as they can.

2,000 posts is quite an achievement in here and it means you've been busy helping quite a few people. Something to be proud of for sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

It took years before I joined this forum. . . don't make the same mistake.

I was one of the lurkers who ducked in and out to glean advice and study the content the early masters of IM shared here in the old days.

If you are a lurker don't waste a second more and be sure to sign up and become part of Warrior Forum.

Shortly, I'll share some of my thoughts but before I do I'd like to thank all the members both active and retired who have helped me.

Sometimes it has just been a negative comment that has pulled me into line and it isn't always the positive replies that give you the most powerful advice so read each reply you get and appreciate the feedback you receive because the respondents don't owe you anything and when they give you sound advice it can help you make breakthroughs you never knew were possible.

I've made many friends who invited me into their circles and several who dedicated personal time to talk and meet on a regular basis.

These encounters have always enriched my life even if sometimes the descent into US politics or superhero movies or the dates we went on as young adults etc had little relevance to the marketing discussions we were meant to be having. . .

. . .but those other topics always drove home the importance of relationships and the passion that people have.

Passion is important.

I'm sure Claude will tell you he isn't passionate about vacuums but his passion shines through when you listen and read his material and realise if you have passion for something it becomes easier to get closer to the prospect you are trying to convert.

Relationships are important.

This is why if you are reading this and you haven't started a relationship with the group of members here you are missing out on something.

Ryan Deiss at last year's T&C talked about the importance of P2P selling or person to person. That is about relationship building.

This year he transitioned that into "conversations are the new lead"

Becoming an active contributor to this forum and others allow you to have those conversations.

You may not sell directly from these conversations but the reality is you are building your skills and building a relationship with your prospects because you are becoming a sharing individual through your interactions with others.

It takes time to mature.

Just like growing up you are always going to put your foot in your mouth from time to time and if you are really giving it a go you will be making mistakes (often)

As you grow and mature it becomes easier to acknowledge the "grown-ups" who influenced you when you were younger.

The same is true in within this forum.

It might take a while to appreciate the advice you receive from people who are further along the path than you.

Remember to respect the people who are helping you.

Remember to respect everyone.

Something that sticks in my mind and I'm not sure where I heard it or picked it up is:

"If you can't be good, be nice and if you can't be nice, be good."

When you show respect to others you build a reputation.

Pay attention to building the reputation you want.

The other thing that sticks in my mind that I first heard from my table tennis coach some 40 years ago was. . .

"It takes years to build a reputation and only one word to break it"

Build your reputation and guard your reputation closely because it is one of the few investments you really own and can capitalise on.

When I was 14 I set my first world record and was a cocky young kid who felt invincible.

I broke that record again at 15 and 17 but then I encountered an event that changed my life.

I failed at one event I was so confident of winning and I was within a whisker of achieving another record.

The organiser of that event was disappointed with me.

They told me quite harshly "You will never get a world record again"

Their comments have stuck with me my whole life.

It took another 14 years for me to set another world record and another 7 years after that to set my last world record " Furthest object thrown by a human" 427.2m That record has stood since 15th March 2005.

So 13 years ago tomorrow.

I think I'm due another record.

The lesson for you here is it doesn't matter what you do or what skills you have.

It takes time to have success.

I find it a little amazing I'm posting my 2K post on an anniversary of an outstanding achievement for me.

Each day is precious and make the most of each of them because time passes quickly yet success always follows efforts you make over a long period before the result happens.

Hopefully you can take something from this post and change your situation for the better.

Regardless of what you get remember to respect everyone you encounter and cherish the times you succeed and don't forget to celebrate with the people who matter to you.

Thanks Warriors

Best regards,

Ozi
    Thank you for your words of wisdom, Warrior Forum is a gold mine of Internet Marketing knowledge with great members sharing their stories, skills, and strategies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329344].message }}

Trending Topics