Whats the best affiliate program for my plan?

14 replies
My plan is to use forum marketing, quora and guest posting to drive traffic directly to my affiliate link instead of my site, i may use some social media in the mix by sharing my guest posts, generally i will go into the direct traffic route without making a site since i can't afford it yet and i don't have enough experience. I will create a site if i make enough money with this strategy and gather experience on the niche.

Im searching for a good affiliate program for my plan, amazon doesnt work since it requires you to drive traffic from your own site, what else would work well with my plan? can ebay work? any suggestions?
#affiliate #plan #program
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Shanks88 View Post

My plan is to use forum marketing, quora and guest posting to drive traffic directly to my affiliate link instead of my site, i may use some social media in the mix by sharing my guest posts, generally i will go into the direct traffic route without making a site since i can't afford it yet and i don't have enough experience. I will create a site if i make enough money with this strategy and gather experience on the niche.

Im searching for a good affiliate program for my plan, amazon doesnt work since it requires you to drive traffic from your own site, what else would work well with my plan? can ebay work? any suggestions?

Doubtful most of your affiliate links will stick on 3rd party sites.

It's called affiliate spam and your profiles will probably end up getting banned.

There's free options for websites but blasting links will still get you shut down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330685].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shanks88
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

Doubtful most of your affiliate links will stick on 3rd party sites.

It's called affiliate spam and your profiles will probably end up getting banned.

There's free options for websites but blasting links will still get you shut down.
      Some sites allow you to have a link in your signature assuming its not too flashing. I have to find a niche that cooperates with my strategy but i need an affiliate program first. btw what other free options do i have?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330686].message }}
  • Promote products with residual income streams. Membership programs that have to be annually renewed, and monthly subscription fees.

You can try

* Rapbank
    *Clickbank
    *Digiresults
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330707].message }}
  • Promote products with residual income streams. Membership programs that have to be annually renewed, and monthly subscription fees.

You can try

* Rapbank
    * Clickbank
    * Digiresults

You can google online market places to find more platforms where you can sign up as an affiliate and get up to 100% commission for each sale you make.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sven300
    Change your plan.

Placing affiliate links directly will make you banish everywhere.

If money is a problem to create a website, use free websites or use blogs like Blogger with your own domain name.
    Signature
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330742].message }}
      Originally Posted by Sven300 View Post

Change your plan.

Placing affiliate links directly will make you banish everywhere.

If money is a problem to create a website, use free websites or use blogs like Blogger with your own domain name.
      I heard some bad rumors about blogger, i don't want to sleep in fear that my site will get deleted. How can i use a free website? wordpress requires a host, what else can i do? perhaps shopify trial and pray that i would get paid during it but even then you can't cashout fast so it wouldn't work.

If i placed my personal site link, would i still get banned?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Shanks,

Do you have a niche?

Do you have a purpose, save trying to make money?

How it works:

1 - Develop a skill that solves a specific problem in a particular niche; this takes time.

2: Build your friend network.

3: Earn reader trust.

4: Pick an affiliate opportunity aligned with your niche.

5: Gradually make affiliate sales.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Convergence

Personally, I would highly suggest that you start working with Wordpress and put together your own site. (hosting for 1 site can be had for $3-$4 per month) or less.

There are plenty of free Wordpress tutorials out there. With your own site, at least you have the option to start collecting email addresses when you can afford an autoresponder.

As far as Amazon, stay away!!! They are having SERIOUS referral sales tracking issues for quite some time now and only seems to be getting worse.

Start with other affiliate offers, your ultimate goal should be to start offering your own products at some point...ClickBank is a good starting point, great commissions and some high converting products...

My .02Cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony Marriott

My first suggestion is don't do it!
    Very few forums or guest positing will allow affiliate links. Not familiar with Quora Terms but I'd wouldn't put them there either. That way lies disaster.

If you want to generate traffic from the above sources and sell affiliate products then you must set up a landing page and/or website to send the traffic to.

You can then "pre-sell" your chosen affiliate products and link to them.

A better strategy would be to use a landing page with free offer and collect an email address. Then email market the affiliate products. This will sell 10 times the product than just trying to sell directly.

You will need an autoresponder for that. Most do a free or $1 trial so you can check it out for free.

Yes you will need a website and hosting. I suggest WordPress (free) and Hostgator (simple). That's about $7 a month. You may find cheaper hosting -your choice.

Unfortunately you cannot make money from nothing. You will need to invest something.

Do not use the free sites hosted at Wordpress.com their T&Cs do not allow commercial use. So just another ban pending. Use WordPress (.org) on your own host.

Sure a small learning curve with WordPress but really it is very simple, plenty of free training and guides and a free plugin that will do anything you need to get started (landing pages/opt-in forms etc.)

Invest a little money and little bit of your time to get a structure/system put together first. Then hit your traffic sources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332119].message }}
  • If you use Youtube product reviews then Amazon will be great. Affiliate marketing through Quora and guest posting are very tough and hard ways to make money especially with direct linking to an affiliate offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332188].message }}
    Im thinking to use wix now, i wouldnt go for a self host since i need to invest in a theme as well + the host. I will use bait links instead of affiliate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prochaska
    Aside from Wix, you might want to try Weebly.com.

Avoid using blogspot/blogger. They tend to be ban-happy if the user posts too many articles containing affiliate links.

A couple of times I created blospot sites for promoting Amazon products and they were both banned pretty quickly.

Both had 20 posts or so - 15 were product review articles plus 5 to 10 filler articles. I think it took about a week for them to get banned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    If you don't have $20 per month to invest, I suggest you focus on ways you can get that before you try to start affiliate marketing.

Nothing online is "free." Everything has an associated cost and sometimes it can be high.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332920].message }}

Trending Topics