Best way to contact other website owners ?

42 replies
Hello

I have been trying hard to reach other website owners to buy links/article posts/guest blogs etc.

Last week I sent emails to 35-40 website owners and to my surprise not even a single website owner has replied me back.

When I look at my competitors links, They are scattered all over and most of them are paid links, I mean there is no way for general public to add links on those websites so I am assuming those all are paid links or maybe my competitor has good connections everywhere which is hard to digest.

Other thing I was wondering there must some platforms that connects bloggers/website owners who are interested in selling links/guest posts/articles on their websites with people who are interested in buying them

If you know any such platform exists, Kindly please throw some light on this issue

With Respect
Kind Heart Man
#contact #owners #website
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    other website owners to buy links/article posts/guest blogs etc.

Can you clarify, please?

Are you asking to BUY space on their site....or offering to SELL the site owners post/guest posts etc?
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    Live life like someone left the gate open
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    Improve your offer

Everyday we receive emails from people with crappy offers, and they get ignored.

So far today we've had 4 offers, and not a single one is worth my time.

There's 3 ways to get links / posts on my sites:

1. Because we like what you do and it provides value to my audience
    2. Because we're friends
    3. Pay us

You can assume most bloggers work this way, but some flat-out refuse to sell links, mostly out of fear of what Google might think

And yes, groups DO exist - all the ones that I'm inside obviously require an invitation from a fellow member... due to the nature of buying / selling links. Shoot me a PM.

I'm not aware of any public ones... they might exist, but I doubt it since Google launched an unfair attack on MBG a few years ago, and many of us got burned as a result. Lesson learned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387256].message }}
  • Hastag #bloggerswanted #prrequest or #guestpost on Twitter and put details in post, they will come to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    to my surprise not even a single website owner has replied me back.
    Were you seriously surprised by this?

I get so many I don't even look before I delete.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387302].message }}
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

But that shiny object I bought promised me that cold traffic was the new hot traffic.

And those products wouldn't lie to me, would they??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crackhouse
    Try connecting to them via social media. Making genuine connections with them on Facebook or Instagram, commenting on their posts or their articles, and once you have built a connection and gotten their interest, give them an offer for guestposting.
    Signature
    I sell backlinks on some of the most lucrative editorial websites in the world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Originally Posted by TheKing View Post

Hello

I have been trying hard to reach other website owners to buy links/article posts/guest blogs etc.

Last week I sent emails to 35-40 website owners and to my surprise not even a single website owner has replied me back.

When I look at my competitors links, They are scattered all over and most of them are paid links, I mean there is no way for general public to add links on those websites so I am assuming those all are paid links or maybe my competitor has good connections everywhere which is hard to digest.

Other thing I was wondering there must some platforms that connects bloggers/website owners who are interested in selling links/guest posts/articles on their websites with people who are interested in buying them

If you know any such platform exists, Kindly please throw some light on this issue

With Respect
    Kind Heart Man

You're living in the past.

Links sold to the public are easy to spot.

Tell Matt Cutts ghost I said hey.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387457].message }}
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

Links sold to the public are easy to spot.

Tell Matt Cutts ghost I said hey.
      This.

And ya know what? Google are hypocrites.

They sell links in the SERPs and on millions of sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387502].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author savidge4
        Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

This.

And ya know what? Google are hypocrites.

They sell links in the SERPs and on millions of sites.
        I respectfully disagree... Google searches PRIMARY if not only form of income is advertising... the search part... its just an added bonus list of thier potential customers.
        Signature
        Success is an ACT not an idea
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387524].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mgsarwar
        Well said Meaney
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TRobinson
    Banned
    Hi, I have been doing the same thing since last few months as well. I tried a lot of ways and have not found such a platform for link trading, thus, I am still trying the old ways whilst exploring new methods.
    Below I am going to list some effective ones I am using to find targeted sites which may be of help:

1. Try to search "Advertise with us" in Google and you'll find about 1.18 billion results. They are all providing you advertsing chances. Just pick out your targeted ones.
    2. Try to search a similar site on which your product has been advertised using a website-based tool named similarpage.
    3. Go to Twitter and enter the keywords related to the topics of your targeted sites. You can filter the resultes both by Users and Topics.
    Also, a quite important tip when sending your queries: many of sites clarified on the top of their Contact Forms that they do not accept link exchanges or sponsorships in any form. So you can stop wasting time on that site any more.

Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheKing
    Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

Can you clarify, please?

Are you asking to BUY space on their site....or offering to SELL the site owners post/guest posts etc?
    I want to buy space on their website.

Originally Posted by Cardiff Web Services View Post

Hastag #bloggerswanted #prrequest or #guestpost on Twitter and put details in post, they will come to you.
    That is very nice trick, I will surely try this and let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

Maybe I have sent you an email too !

Originally Posted by crackhouse View Post

Try connecting to them via social media. Making genuine connections with them on Facebook or Instagram, commenting on their posts or their articles, and once you have built a connection and gotten their interest, give them an offer for guestposting.
    Thank - I will try this for sure

Originally Posted by TRobinson View Post

Hi, I have been doing the same thing since last few months as well. I tried a lot of ways and have not found such a platform for link trading, thus, I am still trying the old ways whilst exploring new methods.
    Below I am going to list some effective ones I am using to find targeted sites which may be of help:

1. Try to search "Advertise with us" in Google and you'll find about 1.18 billion results. They are all providing you advertsing chances. Just pick out your targeted ones.
    2. Try to search a similar site on which your product has been advertised using a website-based tool named similarpage.
    3. Go to Twitter and enter the keywords related to the topics of your targeted sites. You can filter the resultes both by Users and Topics.
    Also, a quite important tip when sending your queries: many of sites clarified on the top of their Contact Forms that they do not accept link exchanges or sponsorships in any form. So you can stop wasting time on that site any more.

Good Luck!
    Very Good tip , What I have noticed from all other replies is that its all about Social Media. To make good connections social media is the new game to conquer.

Originally Posted by Michael Meaney View Post

Improve your offer

Everyday we receive emails from people with crappy offers, and they get ignored.

So far today we've had 4 offers, and not a single one is worth my time.

There's 3 ways to get links / posts on my sites:

1. Because we like what you do and it provides value to my audience
    2. Because we're friends
    3. Pay us

You can assume most bloggers work this way, but some flat-out refuse to sell links, mostly out of fear of what Google might think

And yes, groups DO exist - all the ones that I'm inside obviously require an invitation from a fellow member... due to the nature of buying / selling links. Shoot me a PM.

I'm not aware of any public ones... they might exist, but I doubt it since Google launched an unfair attack on MBG a few years ago, and many of us got burned as a result. Lesson learned.
    Thanks Michael, I would be happy to be part of Private groups. Sending you PM
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387574].message }}
  • I get emails like this too but I usually delete them outright because offers like this can screw up the SEO we're doing on our site. Unless the offer is really relevant and provides some value to us or our clients, we don't even bother.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I love doing it warm. I post a genuine comment on someone's blog, RT to my 50,000 followers, serve THEM, then, I may reach out. Best way to make an impact and get a response.

I block emails like yours 100% of the time and they go to spam, because I have received probably 100,000 such emails during my 10 years online, where a person just wants me to serve them, and has no interest in helping me. I see it as a greedy, desperate, lazy approach. But I love folks who email me telling me they spent hundreds of dollars on my courses and eBooks or who RT my posts; these folks are interested in me, stand out from those 100,000 desperate people, and get a response.

All about genuine relationships. Be helpful, be kind, and your response rate will improve. I know, because being on both sides, it really works.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387639].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cearionmarie
    I usually connect and contact them through social media. Once they reply, I then send them an email to ensure they read it. It's a little bit time consuming, I know, but it works for me.
    Signature

Cearion Uy - Marketing Advisor
    www.influencerauditor.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    This isn't really a surprise to me. Just keep going and maybe review your pitch(email) to see if there is anything that could be improved.

Also - on their website, some will have a link to "buy ad space" from them, i'm not sure if this is the case of not for any of the sites you've looked at.

But, you need to be persistent and keep going.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11387922].message }}
    Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

I love doing it warm. I post a genuine comment on someone's blog, RT to my 50,000 followers, serve THEM, then, I may reach out. Best way to make an impact and get a response.

I block emails like yours 100% of the time and they go to spam, because I have received probably 100,000 such emails during my 10 years online, where a person just wants me to serve them, and has no interest in helping me. I see it as a greedy, desperate, lazy approach. But I love folks who email me telling me they spent hundreds of dollars on my courses and eBooks or who RT my posts; these folks are interested in me, stand out from those 100,000 desperate people, and get a response.

All about genuine relationships. Be helpful, be kind, and your response rate will improve. I know, because being on both sides, it really works.
    I have tried posting comments on blogs as well, Some blog owners takes ages to approve comments and some don't approve at all.

But I did notice one good thing that if you post nice and informative comment, Website owners are more then happy to allow links in the comment as well.

Originally Posted by cearionmarie View Post

I usually connect and contact them through social media. Once they reply, I then send them an email to ensure they read it. It's a little bit time consuming, I know, but it works for me.
    Great trick, Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

This isn't really a surprise to me. Just keep going and maybe review your pitch(email) to see if there is anything that could be improved.

Also - on their website, some will have a link to "buy ad space" from them, i'm not sure if this is the case of not for any of the sites you've looked at.

But, you need to be persistent and keep going.
    I have sent emails to those websites as well in which they have "Advertise" section, till today did not get any word back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Mos
    You may want to try a different email address.

In Chrome you can use an extension called Email Extractor.

You may locate other email addresses from their website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11388728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian5
    Probably, you have to rewrite your letters again. Or maybe they considered your letters as spam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11389435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    Try to follow-up more and increase your values of the offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11389584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dharm433
    Join Any Link Exchange and Guest Posting Grup on fb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11389673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sachincsp
    If you do not show the website owner how much you can pay for link or if you want in in just few dollar then they will ignore your mail.

Always show the website owner that you will pay $$$ if I get backlink. Try this method and let me know. You will get surprised now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nortus Fitness
    your question is not clear enough please clear it do you wanna backlinks naturally or paid one?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    I think the best way is to build your links or your own audience.

Someone once told me -

Your network is your net worth.

Which I must admit is true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood

Other thing I was wondering there must some platforms that connects bloggers/website owners who are interested in selling links/guest posts/articles on their websites with people who are interested in buying them.
    You could create your own platform. You could do this, only if a considerably large amount of website owners share this same desire as you do. Then you could have a relatively sizable niche - sizable enough to turn it into a full scale business. Think about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ittexh45
    you can find by search quries like ' write for us ' you will find many websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Hollens
    Best platform for selling and buying guest post. I suggest you try https://www.fiverr.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Peter Hollens View Post

Best platform for selling and buying guest post. I suggest you try https://www.fiverr.com/
      That's a new one. Never heard of it, before. Thanks for sharing.
      Signature

"He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author saralindons442
    I use scrapebox... Works great
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11440836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ember Leona
    I think whois data used to be helpful at least in getting a name... Perhaps the owner is dead or in jail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bortnite
    You need to first of all offer them a good offer so they just don't look at the email and ignore it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11441389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger

Hello

With Respect
    Kind Heart Man
    I would guess it's either the approach, the email address or the website itself. I would assume out of the 35-40, 5 bounced, 10 have yet to be opened, another 5 will never get opened and another 5 might of gone to spam. That only leaves a handful left that were opened and maybe two or three that were read.

Usually, with cold emailing you're lucky to get a 6% response rate and that's will a very good, well-tested approach.

Benjamin Ehinger
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11442390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nikhilsonu44
    You can contact website owners in many ways. Below listed once worked me well.

1) You can search via WHOIS contact information.
    • -GoDaddy WHOIS
    • InterNIC WHOIS
    • Network Solutions WHOIS

2) Through the contact page.

3) You can also get information from Google Searches.

4) Few tools will help you in contacting website owners.
    • Historical WhoIs Records
    • BuzzStream
    • SpyOnWeb.com / NetComber.com
    • NerdyData.com
    • BuiltWith.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11442512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anggapermana
    it's really weird if someone rejects it. hope you succeed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11443375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Profit Expert
    That may be hard for you to find them the way you doing it. Try searching Google with Guest Post operator . Still there are many sites accept quality content.
    Make sure you are providing some value to the owner.
    Signature

Join One on One Coaching Program And be your own Boss >>> https://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers/1452933-1-1-coaching-build-four-figure-online-business-life-changing-opportunity.html">Join One on One Coaching Program

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444095].message }}
      Originally Posted by Profit Expert View Post

That may be hard for you to find them the way you doing it. Try searching Google with Guest Post operator . Still there are many sites accept quality content.
      Make sure you are providing some value to the owner.

Thanks for the tip
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vimalc98
    it's very easy my friend.
    Actually, you won't have to pay for links.
    Find the sites that accept guest post using register method.
    So what they do is, when you sign up they will give you WordPress access(Restricted only to posting content).
    This kind of sites typically accepts the medium to high-quality content without hesitation.
    Their links are good but not that high quality but it will increase your authority for sure.
    There are so many methods using you can get tons of backlinks. You just need to research it mate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444489].message }}
  • If you want to get intouch with other site owners than you have to follow the steps which are given below.
    1. Do forums and blog comments.
    2. Guest post will help you a lot.
    3. Sell and buy advertisements.
    4. Absolute web hosting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    I would love to see what the OP is emailing other site owners. I reach out to blogs quite a bit and would estimate that I hear back from them 90% of the time.

I would suspect that your site isn't related to theirs, your sites quality is low or whatever email you're sending is poorly written.

I typically search for things like niche "guest post" (or similar) to find blogs. Then, I read the info on that see what kind of advertising the blog offers.

If they offer what I want, then I contact them with a proposal that is mutually beneficial.

If they offer advertising but something that I'm not particularly interested in and I like the blog and/or writer, I still contact them to see if they're interested in what I want. But, it's more of an "I see you offer this, would you be interested in this instead? Here's why it's beneficial..."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11444613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenchong
    Hey there must be a problem in your approach. We are using guest posting for making good back links at free of cost. certain websites which have high Authority will definitely ask for the money but if you negotiate with a good piece fo content they will even reward you for that. so make your pitch strong and influential.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pankajmondal
    I do a lot of link building and guest posting for my clients. Let me know if you want any help please. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author King Manu
    I am a website owner that gets a lot of spam, but I also got some pretty good deals from people that have contacted me. Here are the kind of emails I ignore:

1. Messages that clearly shows you haven't even bothered to visit my blog. This includes but not limited to basic template messages.

2. Not making it clear that you are willing to offer compensation for a link. Some people email me like their articles will save my blogging life and I should be honored to accept it and also provide them dofollow link. Funny.

3. Talking about a topic that is totally unrelated to what I have. This is a NO, regardless of anything else.

If you respect the common sense, respect my time and you write an email that you invested at least 2 minutes in it, you have a clear shot to reach me via email.

Bonus: Here is an example of an email that I got just now and that I will totally ignore. You can learn from this person's mistake.

Hi,

I hope you are doing well!

I have gone through your blog posts and it's really good and impressive. I

would like to know how I can share our blog post on your website as guest

blogger. We have several categories content.

I would appreciate your kind response and let me know how I can move further.

I can provide fresh and unique content as per your website theme so that it

will be more relevant for your users.

Kindly let me know your thoughts so that I can share content for publishing

on your guest blogging website.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
    Bob Celvin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11447402].message }}

Trending Topics