Regarding Business Registration

11 replies
Hi, I'm stuck on four things:

1) If I register my online business in Estonia or in any other country, do I still have to pay tax to my own birth home country? I mean all the amounts of money at the end of the day will eventually get transferred from PayPal/Stripe or any other payment system to my birth home country's bank and the government can see how much I'm making right?

I talked with an online biz filler and one of the guys said that I may need to register biz in two countries as I have to pay tax to my birth home country and that's mandatory because the govt can see how much money is there in my account.

So, do I have to pay tax to both the countries?

2) Those who registered their online biz in a country apart from their birth home country, do you still have to pay tax to the govt of your birth home country govt OR to the countries' govt where you registered your biz?

3) Is there any benefit of registering biz in the USA via Stripe Atlas?

4) Can I register the biz on a Virtual Office Address? I don't want to use my own home address as I will be moving from here and there until I buy my own home. So, will I be able to do that?
And is there any issue if I chose a Singapore Virtual office address? Will I have to present there physically?

PS - I won't be storing any kind physical inventory.

Those who have already done these please help me out.

Thanks in advance!
#business #registration
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    Logically, you just need to pay tax to countries where you register business. Just my own idea. Following this thread to update from other experts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    You're asking a technical question to a bunch of random people that have no clue about business registrations in foreign countries.

Even if someone here has experience in their own business ... it doesn't mean that if you do the same thing you are "legal." Lots of business owners are doing things illegally and don't know it.

Get competent legal advise from professionals where you live who understand the laws.

Steve
    Signature

Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11390136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjaco
    No expert, however.
    As a private entrepreneur, you always pay tax in your home country.
    As a registered business owner you pay tax in the country your business belongs to.
    If you collect any profit and transfer this to your homeland you will have to pay tax for this.
    This is my qualified logical guess.
    Signature

Earn Easy Commissions 100% FREE. Grow Your Sales?
    Private message me so I can coach you for free

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by mjaco View Post

This is my qualified logical guess.
      Which, when dealing with serious legal questions, should just be kept to one's self as they are completely devoid of any value, whatsoever.

Nothing personal. Just stating the fact in an effort to dissuade a continuation of this type of post, although I realize that there is a very slim chance of that actually being the result of my effort. Still, a man can dream.

I realize you are new and most anxious to get your signature displayed, but you'd be better served and garner more respect my posting helpful responses to questions that are in your wheelhouse.
      Signature

"He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian Jackson
    Originally Posted by TheSupremeGuy View Post

Hi, I'm stuck on four things:

1) If I register my online business in Estonia or in any other country, do I still have to pay tax to my own birth home country? I mean all the amounts of money at the end of the day will eventually get transferred from PayPal/Stripe or any other payment system to my birth home country's bank and the government can see how much I'm making right?

I talked with an online biz filler and one of the guys said that I may need to register biz in two countries as I have to pay tax to my birth home country and that's mandatory because the govt can see how much money is there in my account.

So, do I have to pay tax to both the countries?

2) Those who registered their online biz in a country apart from their birth home country, do you still have to pay tax to the govt of your birth home country govt OR to the countries' govt where you registered your biz?

3) Is there any benefit of registering biz in the USA via Stripe Atlas?

4) Can I register the biz on a Virtual Office Address? I don't want to use my own home address as I will be moving from here and there until I buy my own home. So, will I be able to do that?
    And is there any issue if I chose a Singapore Virtual office address? Will I have to present there physically?

PS - I won't be storing any kind physical inventory.

Those who have already done these please help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    Arrange a meeting with your local accountant, but check their credentials first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392350].message }}
      Originally Posted by Ian Jackson View Post

Arrange a meeting with your local accountant, but check their credentials first
      Right - because the world is rife with folks posing as accountants.
      Signature

"He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Asadtmac
    For business registration you need to contact Professional Company Formation, Business Setup & Registration of that country their are thousands of websites who are working as pro and helping others to get business registration google it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393577].message }}
    In most cases you need do nothing more than register with your local municipality, but the laws ARE different, everywhere. Due diligence IS required.

That said, unless you are organizing a complex corporate entity, you would rarely need an outside company to do this for you.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blackamerican
    Best bet is to hire a company to register or organize all paper work for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erikrefuerzo
    Most countries have what they call tax credit in case of double taxation
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author isolated
    Got to see what the tax code is in your country. You can register and run your business in the US, pay US taxes but the problem lies when transferring the money back to your country. A tax attorney in your country would give you the answers to your question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439114].message }}

Trending Topics