Promoting JVZoo Products without any investment

48 replies
Hi there,

Recently, I joined JVZoo and want to promote its products.

The problem is that I'm really short of cash and can hardly spare any of it.

I have a blog though which receives around 10,000-12,000 visitors a month.

How can I promote JVZoo products without investing anything?

If you're going to suggest me to write a review on my blog then how can I write one without even trying it? And I cannot try it because I cannot buy it.

Can you guys help me get out of this dilemma?

Thank you.
#investment #jvzoo #products #promoting
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    So you aren't monetizing those 10,000 visitors? Are you sure they are real?

Does the topic of your blog match what you want to sell through JVZoo? In otherwords, how to make money? If so, shouldn't you try to figure out how to make some on your own first?

Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author saadi123
      I'm monetizing it but the CPM is not that good. Yes, they're real. I blog about many topics so yes, the product that I'll try to promote is relevant to the JVZoo product that I want to promote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nic35
    Banned
    Create a page for jvzoo on your blog.

Put some jvzoo offer redirection URLs from your blog (not affiliate url)

NOTE: if you place affiliate url, most of the websites will not allow it. Therefore you should redirect the offer from a dummy url from your website/blog

Then promote your jvzoo blog page on social media like facebook, google plus, twitter
    Post picture on it and promote in pinterest
    Create group in facebook and add like minded people.
    Be active on forums and leave your signature.
    Create a business page on Linkedin and promote your blog with jvzoo product
    Make short videos and post on youtube concentrate on title and tags.
    Post classified ads, business listing and local citation
    Use social book marks
    Use reddit
    Use stumble upon
    All the above methods are free and do not need any special skills.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392580].message }}
      The issue with Facebook groups, Reddit and other social media platforms is that the popular groups do not allow you to post links. Even when they're not affiliate links and leading to your blog.

I was thinking of Facebook ads but I worry about the ROI as I've learned that the ads have turned expensive now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pablo Visconti
      Originally Posted by nic35 View Post

Create a page for jvzoo on your blog.

Put some jvzoo offer redirection URLs from your blog (not affiliate url)

NOTE: if you place affiliate url, most of the websites will not allow it. Therefore you should redirect the offer from a dummy url from your website/blog

Then promote your jvzoo blog page on social media like facebook, google plus, twitter
      Post picture on it and promote in pinterest
      Create group in facebook and add like minded people.
      Be active on forums and leave your signature.
      Create a business page on Linkedin and promote your blog with jvzoo product
      Make short videos and post on youtube concentrate on title and tags.
      Post classified ads, business listing and local citation
      Use social book marks
      Use reddit
      Use stumble upon
      All the above methods are free and do not need any special skills.

probably the best response out of the pack. Love it.

Basically, go all in, but don't spam.

And for the love of god, don't place the raw affiliate links anywhere
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hudsonbell79
      Thanks for sharing, I am confusing, how to get money if you don't direct people to click on your affiliate URL?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11392597].message }}
      Yup. You're right.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Emmanuel Wilkey
    You don't have to buy a product to do a review just do some research and get some ideas from others
    Signature

Get access to this free video traing course that teaches you all you need to know about earning commissions using affiliate marketing http://www.empowermentteam.org/join1

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393183].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Originally Posted by Emmanuel Wilkey View Post

You don't have to buy a product to do a review just do some research and get some ideas from others

When you are considering a purchase, which is best?

a. Follow the recommendation of someone that had never used or seen the product in question?
      b. Buy following the advice of a random total stranger that promotes based on what he read elsewhere?
      c. Buy based on other's satisfaction with the product (testimonials and social proof)?
      d. Buy based on the proven performance of the product in delivering the benefits described in the sales campaign?

e. Buy from a recognized authority in the niche who you already have experience with and who you know, like, and trust?
      f. Combination of c, d, and e.

Yes, you can do a review and recommendation without ever using the product - lots of people do it. Is that strategy the best way to build a legitimate business and make sales? What do you think?

Steve
      Signature

Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HarrieB
    Go to the sales page and then make notes about what the product does:

- Make Bullet points of important features,
    - watch the video inside the sales page to get an idea what the product is all about
    -Watch review of other people who are promoting the same product on their website/youtube.

Create your own traffic page inside your blog and then send the traffic to your affiliate link.

This is completely free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393435].message }}
      Yup. That sounds reasonable.

Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11393454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author online with me
      Originally Posted by HarrieB View Post

Go to the sales page and then make notes about what the product does:

- Make Bullet points of important features,
      - watch the video inside the sales page to get an idea what the product is all about
      -Watch review of other people who are promoting the same product on their website/youtube.

Create your own traffic page inside your blog and then send the traffic to your affiliate link.

This is completely free.
      There are so many people doing this.

But I would never buy a product from someone who has only copied from the sales page and not purchased the product themselves.
      I need to see the product being used.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    You are short on cash
    You have 10000 to 12000 blog vistors permonth and barely have any cash to spare
    You have that much blog visitors and no cash ? What about the needs of your current audience ?
    Is the content that you are putting out high quality ? don not neglect the needs of the existing blog visitors in pursuit of the next shiny object.You need to get them involved by hosting Q and A sessions ,surveys to get a better understanding of their needs.Then after doing that you can search a product that matches there needs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395524].message }}
      Hi Jamel,

Yes, I do have this number of visitors on my blog and I've monetized my traffic as well but I don't think my CPM is that good hence barely making any money out of it.

Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author boblev
    Hi

How did you build your blog traffic up to 10,000 a month? That sounds like a topic many new marketers and bloggers would be interested in. Is it a subject your current website visitors would be interested in?

Here's where I'm going with this...why don't you write a case study covering in detail how you achieved this traffic milestone and sell it for a nominal amount in order to build a buyers list. You can then market jvzoo affiliate offers to that list. Be sure to create an insiders facebook group and tie in group membership to the product purchase.

There is more to it than this but if you do some research you can find out all you need to know about writing a sales letter, setting up an autoresponder, writing promo emails etc.

I wouldn't go the phony review route, because your readers will sense that you are full of it and you will blow your credibility. Besides, you need to promote quality or your list will not be responsive. Try to get a review copy of any product you want to promote, just explain that you have a blog with traffic and you would like to do a review for your readers. If you don't get a response when you apply, then look up the product creator on facebook and try to send them a private message.
    If they won't approve you move on to another product.

Remember these are only my opinions and I could be wrong!

Bob
    Signature

"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395659].message }}
      @Boblev,

You know what?
      After reviewing the responses of all the members over here, I'm starting to believe that 10,000 visitors a month is really a big deal.
      I never thought of it like that.
      The Major portion of this 10,000 visitors comes from search engines. So I think that I should write about how I gained these 10,000 visitors, create a pdf and then give it away free against the email address.

Thanks for making me realize that I should not take my current traffic for granted.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395661].message }}
        @saadi123

Glad to help.

Here is a link to an article about this very subject https://sumo.com/stories/first-10000...sarah-peterson

You should be able to get some product ideas there and sign up for the freebie so you can analyze their funnel and follow-up messages.

If you try a few things and they don't work out send me a pm. I might have a proposition that monetizes your traffic in a way that benefits both of us.

Bob

P.S- edited because I forgot to uncheck sig file and it's old (five years ago, instagram accounts no longer for sale)
        Signature

"The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same." Colin R. Davis

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395672].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by saadi123 View Post

That's alot of traffic, but help me out with something else you said:

I'm monetizing it but the CPM is not that good. Yes, they're real. I blog about many topics...
    You blog about many topics? Your blog should be focused on 1 topic if your end goal is money. Are you in it for the money, or are you looking to create a brand around yourself, and hopefully gain advertisers?

Also, you said...

...the product that I'll try to promote is relevant to the JVZoo product that I want to promote.
    What does this statement mean?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395919].message }}
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

That's alot of traffic, but help me out with something else you said:

You blog about many topics? Your blog should be focused on 1 topic if your end goal is money. Are you in it for the money, or are you looking to create a brand around yourself, and hopefully gain advertisers?

Also, you said...

What does this statement mean?

I'm in it for the money but not at the cost of sacrificing what I love to do. I like to research about different topics and then write about them so I cannot help myself focusing on just one topic. I know the downsides of it but I'm willing to accept it. And I want to be able to make money while blogging about multiple niches.

...the product that I'll try to promote is relevant to the JVZoo product that I want to promote.
      This means that JVZoo products mainly revolve around internet marketing and online money making. So I also write about these two topics hence I'm sure that any product that I'll choose to promote on my blog won't be far off from one of my topics of the blog.

Just to give you an idea, I'd like to mention my blog (with the hope that the moderators aren't going to scratch it out). The address to my blog is theusualstuff.com

As you may see, I have created different categories based on different topics that I write about.

I can very easily promote different products on my single blog based on different categories. The affiliate banners that my visitors see are based on the "category" of topic they're visiting. So if they're visiting a blog about Accounting and Finance, my visitors will see affiliate banners of products and services relevant to this niche.

Online Money Making and Blogging are also a couple of the topics that I blog about hence, I can easily promote the majority of the JVZoo products available there.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cybernetmarket
    First you need to contact the creator and get permission to even sell it. At the same time ask for a demo copy
    Signature

New To Internet Marketing? Need some Help? check out my free course "Easy Online Marketing" Everything is totally FREE except for website hosting :-) http://reyalbert.com It all starts by taking action

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    I'm monetizing it but the CPM is not that good.
    Are you using Adsense?

You can change out your Adsense with ads for affiliate products very quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395959].message }}
      Originally Posted by IGotMine View Post

Are you using Adsense?

You can change out your Adsense with ads for affiliate products very quickly.
      No, I'm not.

I was banned from it a long time ago. Like 10 years ago. Long before when I started this blog of mine.

Was totally my mistake so can't complain about that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Philip Prince
    First i would advice you to make a review video, also try to write to the vendor requesting for a review copy to use in your video, sometimes they give these, where they do not, rely on the sales page, secondly go to fiverr and buy some back links so as to help your video rank, these can be gotten as low as 5 dollars. Also join niche related forums go type make money online forums into google, am sure you will get thousands of results, go to each of those, join and give valuable content, later you can invite people to check out your offer.
    these are a really good source of quality traffic, make sure you have a capture page set up so that you build your eail list slowly but surely, this will then later become your cash cow.
    i would aslo refer you to a youtube channel by Jono Armstrong, follow him and also take up his courses, he would be a good mentor for you in affiliate marketing.
    Signature
    Having trouble building an online business?I have free coaching that will help you make your first dollar online Private message me for your 100% free coaching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395965].message }}
      secondly go to fiverr and buy some back links so as to help your video rank, these can be gotten as low as 5 dollars
      If I buy backlinks, wouldn't this be a black-hat SEO? And I'll eventually get busted deploying this technique?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396071].message }}
        No it won't
        Signature
        Having trouble building an online business?I have free coaching that will help you make your first dollar online Private message me for your 100% free coaching.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396664].message }}
    As for the article on your blog, use the sales page for this.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Get a part time or full time job Saad, make some money, buy the product, try it out, then review it. Also, do not bother trying to make money online unless you have some cash reserves because your desperation - no human I know is calm, confident, poised and detached from outcomes if they have not enough money to buy a simple affiliate product - will guarantee your failure, until you have a little comfortable pad of savings.

Work a job offline. Make some scratch. Do things right online.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397228].message }}
      Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

Get a part time or full time job Saad, make some money, buy the product, try it out, then review it. Also, do not bother trying to make money online unless you have some cash reserves because your desperation - no human I know is calm, confident, poised and detached from outcomes if they have not enough money to buy a simple affiliate product - will guarantee your failure, until you have a little comfortable pad of savings.

Work a job offline. Make some scratch. Do things right online.

Ryan
      Hey Ryan,

I've been following you on Twitter and online generally. Thanks for the tips.

BTW, I'm already working as a freelance accountant so I've got that side covered. :-)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    Mixed blogs are next to nothing...

You need a blog focused on one niche and stop. By the way if you want lot if sales, build a targeted list
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelswengel
    If you're getting 10K+ views a month, why are you not monetizing that traffic??

Are you building an email list?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398798].message }}
      Yes, I've monetized my content and collecting email addresses as well. But as I said, the CPM is not so good.

I'm also collecting email addresses.
      Thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398824].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 55sadhikar

Yes, I've monetized my content and collecting email addresses as well. But as I said, the CPM is not so good.

I'm also collecting email addresses.
        Thanks.

The CPM is not good because your articles are about various topics. The visitor from gaming will come and they don't want to click finance ad. Its like going to a house only to find somebodys ransacked it. You might have a good faith in your guest but what you believe and what they see is diametrically opposite. You might be able to make some money overtime by earning their trust; but you will have to do extra legwork for that. Why not create a seperate blog and monetize that and leave this blog for your own mental artistic writing if that is what you claim in the threads. You can write those topics in blogger since the platform is free, so no expense is required!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469655].message }}
          Yes, you're right but what I've done is that I've signed up for relevant affiliate programs and for each category and therefore, only relevant banners show up based on the category of the topic the visitors are observing.

Different domains and blogs for different topics is too much maintenance for me. Being a freelance tax accountant by profession, my core working hours are dedicated to my accounting profession. So that'd be too much leg work for me.

However, I'm looking into exploiting the subdomain features. I'm currently researching it so let's see.

Thanks for your tips though.

Really appreciate them.

Cheers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrbigdog
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399115].message }}
      Originally Posted by mrbigdog View Post

I absolutely hate jvzoo as a smaller affiliate. I've made about 50 sales with a variety of products and many of the vendors there put your commissions on a 90 day hold although the refund period is 30 days. And even after the 90 day hold is over I have to chase the vendors like Matt Neer, Andrew Fox and Paul Lynch to get paid. They never respond to their emails. I have to usually send a support ticket to complain before some action is taken. If you are a smaller affiliate, I would stay away.

Yea, alot of jvzoo vendors are afraid of getting burned on refunds, which isn't surprising considering the shit they pump out.

And, don't attack me if your innocent, I know that some affiliates are unethical, lying, thieving, B*stards

But, I have lived long enough to always remember this

''Be careful whose toes you step on today, they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.''

cause you never know, the affiliates you jerk around today may just go on to have the next 7 figure launch you want in on.....

Bob
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmarke
    Here's my suggestion. Contact the vendors that have products that you want to promote and ask them for a review copy of the product. (many vendors will do this for people that they trust)

Note: If you are using JVzoo, then you can do this whenever you request to promote a vendors products via the notes form.

When contacting the vendor...you need to convince them to trust you enough to give you a review copy. To gain their trust, you simply need to tell the truth. Tell them that you have a blog that gets over 10k visitors a month and that you would like to get a review sopy of their product so that you can review it on your blog.

Be sure to include a link to your blog ( so they can visit it) and be prepared to show proof of the number of visitors that you receive (if they ask for it)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403318].message }}
      Originally Posted by webmarke View Post

Here's my suggestion. Contact the vendors that have products that you want to promote and ask them for a review copy of the product. (many vendors will do this for people that they trust)

Note: If you are using JVzoo, then you can do this whenever you request to promote a vendors products via the notes form.

When contacting the vendor...you need to convince them to trust you enough to give you a review copy. To gain their trust, you simply need to tell the truth. Tell them that you have a blog that gets over 10k visitors a month and that you would like to get a review sopy of their product so that you can review it on your blog.

Be sure to include a link to your blog ( so they can visit it) and be prepared to show proof of the number of visitors that you receive (if they ask for it)
      Sounds like a nice advice. Will definitely give it a try.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brianna Trader
    I would STRONGLY recommend you to add a "Recommendation" section to your website that will promote relevant products to your visitors. Also, If you have a website that is seeing traffic, you should have an email list set up and you could promote your products directly to your customers/visitors in a very intimate manner.

The highest way to convert and leverage what you already have would be to build an email list from your website, email them with tip and tricks related to your niche with a ton of value and then offer the product. The order should be something like...

Email 1: Tip
    Email 2: Tip
    Email 3: Tip with an affiliate offer....
    I hope this helps!
    Signature
    Looking for help with your online business?
    Private message me so I can coach you for free!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jen Eick
    Maybe buy just one product and focus on getting at least a sale? Then you'll at least have a track record. Lots of vendors won't approve you as an affiliate f you haven't made any affiliate sales. Look for those who don't require that first and get sales, in order to create a track record.

You could ask for review copies of the products you promote. Look for vendors offering them upfront and hop on it fast so you can get one. (Lots of people tend to want review copies-- usually more than are available.)

If you want a "hack method", post helpful articles on your site, get a link jacker, point people toward the video on You Tube and use the link jacker to drive them toward an affiliate offer :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexweber
    As others mentioned, add a "Recommendations" section to your site and post review articles for relevant products that your audience is likely to find useful. That would work well as long as the traffic is targeted. Oh, and you should definitely start building an email list moving forward, and use it to drive traffic to your new posts.
    Signature
    Launch Rebates: Save Money & Earn Cashback When You Buy New IM Products!
    ↓↓↓
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11408913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneynetwork
    Try and watch some videos that could be of help to you, you tube can solve this problem more easily,you will see it practically been done,Thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11418143].message }}
  • I highly recommend you use your traffic creatively to make a fortune from it.

N.B! Be honest and helpful, that way people will buy from you again and again.

Here is the thing, if you are already 10K visitors to your website, you need to make sure you make as much money as possible from it.

To do that here are 3 steps you need to follow:

The first thing you need to do is to optimize your content so that your conversion rate becomes as high as possible.

You need to make sure that at least 40% of your visitors visit your affiliate link.

That means that 4000 of your visitors would visit your affiliate link.

The second thing you need to do is promote high ticket products because the amount of effort you use to sell a low ticket product is almost the same one you would use to sell a high ticket product.

I recommend you promote a product off of which you get at least $100 worth of commissions.

I think most of the products have at least a 1% conversion rate as long as they are getting highly targeted traffic which you too would be sending.

That means that for every 4000 visits sent, you would get 40 sales or $4000 which is a very good monthly income.

Optional, but really important make sure you offer incentives so that your visitors can opt-in to your mailing list.

This helps you secure your income and get even more free traffic.

If your opt-in rate is 7%, it means that you would be adding about 700 leads each and every month worth of $700 per month ($1 dollar/lead/month)

I hope these tips will help you to monetize your traffic.

I wish you good luck and much success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salehctg
    You can generate email list by using subscriber provide newsletter. Then using this list for email marketing with affiliate link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4

Hi there,

Recently, I joined JVZoo and want to promote its products.

The problem is that I'm really short of cash and can hardly spare any of it.

How can I promote JVZoo products without investing anything?

If you're going to suggest me to write a review on my blog then how can I write one without even trying it? And I cannot try it because I cannot buy it.

Can you guys help me get out of this dilemma?

Thank you.
    The easiest way out of this dilemma is to buy a product and review it - seems to me a small investment in yourself to maybe actually create a positive cash flow.... But you are saying you cant?! do that.

Ill tell you what.... If you cant invest in yourself, I will. PM me your paypal account e-mail and I will send you $20 so that you can buy a couple products maybe for review.
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469345].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sendizo
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

The easiest way out of this dilemma is to buy a product and review it ...
      +1. a product review page really smart idea,

check some of the new hot product, write a review for them. place some banners on you blog, do some SEO and FB group posting.

Also if you have built a list. shoot some emails. and work from their measure your traffic and your marketing campaigns so you can optimize it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hichamaziz
    The visitors are real
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rubelpo
    First you select a JVzoo product and create a review article on this product. Then publish on your blog and marketing it on popular sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author levandau
    Have you tried to collect the emails of people visiting, learn how to create funnels? Please note, all the good vendors on JVZOO have their email funnels, my personal advice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11469759].message }}

Trending Topics