Copywriting...... my ultimate weakness

50 replies
Hey guys, new here.

I started an online business a few years back and studied marketing as much as I could, I got leads through FB marketing but my sales copy was terrible. I ended up just quitting it.

I had an epiphany of a new company I wanted to work on, so for the last two months I have been designing the website and working on the product.

Now I'm back to the dreaded copywriting part. The part I find most challengeing.

I have a friend that gave me a copy of this course called KopywritingKourse and ive been through that and thought it was interesting. I have started using it on an email campaign and am starting to second guess myself.

My question is how do you know if your copy is any good?
I have sent it to friends and they said they like it, but I have a feeling they would say that to anything I do. I just don't want to burn through money like last time so i'm hestitant to start advertising till I know the copy is good.

Thanks guys in advance
#copywriting #ultimate #weakness
  • Profile picture of the author maria514626
    Who's your target customer - as specific a group as possible (for example, rather than gardeners, vegetable gardeners in the Upper Midwest). Unless your friends are your target, they may not be very helpful.

Do you know anyone in your target customer group? Talk to them about the category of your product, not your product. You want to get at the issues, problems, joys, etc., around the category your product's in. Use that information in your copy. You'll use their own words to market to them. It works fabulously. But you need to find out what makes your targets tick. It's more than demographics. It's the why they do what they do. So they have a vegetable garden so they have fresh produce. OK, but why do they do that?

Ask open-ended questions to dig at what really drives their actions. You may find all sorts of reasons for what they do - because it reminds them of Grandma, because they're concerned about pesticides, etc. Or at the heart of it they get a stronger sense of self by doing it. You wouldn't get "stronger sense of self" as a first answer to "Why do you garden?" Emotion drives pretty much everything we do.

Hope this helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396808].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Christian Kyle
      Hey. Thanks for replying.
      My niche is in the dating/ self development/ fitness area.

So basically I want to target single males that work in i.t (computer based jobs) in America.

Then i will be targeting guys that like dungeons and dragons and warhammer.

My product is centred around self development and fitness. Teaching men how to battle their insecurities and to focus on their passions. Along side of working on their bodies. This will in term help them get better at dating and find girlfriends.

Im a personal trainer of 7 years and have a masters in counselling.

I have a few clients that are my demographic but they are very closed and I know they would get offended if i try get them to read my material. So ill try your route and ask if they have tried similar products.

I do have a 15yo client that loves my stuff though. Hes given me some ideas though. Not sure how credible he is.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397069].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Christian Kyle View Post

Then i will be targeting guys that like dungeons and dragons and warhammer.
        Dungeons and Dragons is still a thing in 2018? I did not know that. Seriously. Keep in mind that if it's still played by teenage boys in the basement, they might not be flush with cash for anything beyond a can of Red Bull.

War Hammer. Never heard of that one, but I'm an old man. You'll forgive me, I hope. :-)
        Signature

"He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397105].message }}
          Yeah aparently lol. Usually your traditional nerdy guys like those things, comic con too .

Hence im targeting single males that work in i.t as they usually have a lot of disposable
          income. Most of my personal training clients are single and work in computer science etc.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397122].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Socialblastr
        Hey Christian,

What Maria said is sound advice. You need to get unbiased input from your target market. Your friends are biased so count them out.

I would suggest that you join a bunch of forums and FB groups that are for your target audience. See what posts are popular, what things the members talk about, things they complain about, etc.

Use this opportunity to interact with your target community not as a salesperson but as a member. You can ask questions or get input without pitching your product if you ask the right questions.

Then, write all this stuff down exactly as they said it. You're going to use this language to write your copy.

If you talk like them about the things they care about, you're creating a linguistic sense of trust and community. Learn how to speak their language. This is essentially what good copywriting is.

Just my 2 cents.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397158].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SeattleWhitman
        There are a lot of guys in your target market in Seattle. There are plenty of article talking about how bad guys are at talking with women in Seattle. I would join some more forums around your niche and have them critique your emails before you send them out.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samokas23
    Í like the copy wote. Please how could Í get one
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396822].message }}

By whether or not it produces conversions. You won't know until you try it, unless it's so bad that it's obvious it won't convert, to anyone who reviews it for you.
    Signature

"He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
    ^^^ What Opted In Wrote^^^^

Wanna know if your copy is good?

Just put it up, get people seeing it, and ask for the
    order.

Once you get it circulating... you'll either sell or you won't.

As you're getting real world eye-balls to it, continue to learn
    how to sell in writing.

If you need some guidance... check out Rick's post here..

https://copyranger.com/21-incredible...ormulas-i-use/

That post is solid gold, and has some of the most popular
    copy formulas.

When I started in 2002, I put up a website and started
    sending traffic to it.

Then, over the course of the next year or two, I kept
    learning about copywriting and kept trying to improve.

Sure enough, with the real-world feedback on whether
    people bought or not, I continued revising my copy and
    noticed sales go up each time I would learn and apply.

Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    If copy is honest, truthful and authentic, the copy flows from your heart. Aka, it is good.

Anything else is manipulation. Manipulating copy can lead to greater sales and greater online success but unless you are 100% clear on such an approach (few folks are) you will slam into problems quickly and most often lose your reputation too.

Write your butt off. Keep writing. Then write some more. Honest, powerful copy stands out like a zebra in a pride of lions but you write honest, powerful copy by writing like the dickens.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397124].message }}
      I like the copy but im not sure if others will. Is it against the rules to post the 1st email so people can see if its done well?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397137].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DWolfe

I like the copy but im not sure if others will. Is it against the rules to post the 1st email so people can see if its done well?
        Simple suggestion post the Headline and 1st paragraph. Since someone asked you. You will not violate a rule. Maybe a few copy writes will chime in qne offer you some help.

2nd visit this section of the forum https://www.warriorforum.com/copywriting/ suggest reading a few stickeys first.
        Signature

You can earn 10% average annual returns on your investments - https://app.groundfloor.us/r/m2aa7b
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zaiyan
    Most people understand whether the copy is good or bad by reading through the first couple pages, so put off those couple pages online and know what they think.
    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397126].message }}
      Originally Posted by Zaiyan View Post

Most people understand whether the copy is good or bad by reading through the first couple pages, so put off those couple pages online and know what they think. Cheers!
      Unfortunately, that is an extremely ineffective way to evaluate sales copy. It needs to be judged en toto. You can have a page of copy that is really effective, or would be, if it wasn't ruined by a single paragraph that simply destroys its efficacy.

When you view a painting, you look at the entire work. It should be no different for sales copy, since both things were created to solicit a response.Viewing the Mona Lisa from the eyebrows up would leave you unmoved. Reading the first paragraph or two of a page of sales copy would leave you just as unimpressed. If the first two paragraphs ARE that impressive, the author should have probably stopped selling, right there. :-)

Nothing good comes from taking shortcuts. If you're going to do something, do it correctly and completely, the first time.

Just my 2¢.
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397138].message }}
    here's the first part as suggested I should post. Keep in mind i'm very new to this and am learning still lol.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email 1) Are alpha Males stealing all the hot woman?...... The Truth

Let me guess; I think you fall into one of the following categories:

You can't get a date with girls you find attractive OR
    You can't seem to hold onto a girl for more than a few dates OR
    You can't even hold a conversation with a girl let alone date her.

I bet there have been countless amounts of times where you liked someone only to find that they didn't like you, or they got bored of you (Dam you friendzone).

You may even think that you are destined to be alone forever or must settle down with some woman you don't even find attractive. GROSS!

Now I want you to forget everything you know about dating and listen up.

We are born to MATE! We are designed to have sex. The only problem is that we have competition out there. Deadly competition.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397370].message }}

Deadly competition.
      Deadly? Really? I think 'savvy' would be a much better choice of words. It indicates knowledge, which is what you are offering. Right? :-)
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397656].message }}
        Yeah. Thats a good choice of words. Thanks.

Im trying to say that slpha males are their competition and that i will give them the methods to get to that status.

Hows the rest of it sound?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397711].message }}

Hows the rest of it sound?
          I couldn't give you honest feedback on that. I'm not your target market, so none of the copy resonates with me. That's in no way a knock on your copy. It needs to appeal to the proper crowd.

That said, I could rewrite the hell out of that copy. lol
          Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author savidge4

here's the first part as suggested I should post. Keep in mind i'm very new to this and am learning still lol.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email 1) Are alpha Males stealing all the hot woman?...... The Truth

Let me guess; I think you fall into one of the following categories:

You can't get a date with girls you find attractive OR
      You can't seem to hold onto a girl for more than a few dates OR
      You can't even hold a conversation with a girl let alone date her.

I bet there have been countless amounts of times where you liked someone only to find that they didn't like you, or they got bored of you (Dam you friendzone).

You may even think that you are destined to be alone forever or must settle down with some woman you don't even find attractive. GROSS!

Now I want you to forget everything you know about dating and listen up.

We are born to MATE! We are designed to have sex. The only problem is that we have competition out there. Deadly competition.
      First things first.. based apon your picture.. you would be what most would consider a " Alpha Male " so in that.. some of your ideal " Targets " are a bit off.. Comments like:

So basically I want to target single males that work in i.t (computer based jobs) in America.
      and:

dungeons and dragons and warhammer
      these are so off based its not even funny.... broaden your target.. single males that work and those that play FortNite - Your ideals of WHO to target are cliche at best.. and are either showing your age or just how far under a rock you are.

so lets try something like this...

Email 1) How are all the "Good Looking" dumb guys getting all the hot babes?

Which statement resonates more with you?

You can't start a conversation with a girl let alone ask her for a date. OR
      You can't get a date with girls you find attractive. OR
      You can't seem to hold onto a girl for more than a few dates.

Can you count the number of times where you liked someone, only to find that they didn't like you?

Can you count the number of times you thought you were destined to be alone forever?

Can you count the number of times you considered settling down with a woman you dont even find attractive?

NOW, forget everything you know about dating and listen up.

You can fantasize about some video game character in a bunny suit, or you can become a Lady slayer!

So somethings you may have noticed.. i change the order of some of your questioning... I took the context of your questioning out of the " I " and turned it to the reader. I took out all of the belittling statements. ( remember you are targetting the SMART kids )

You have to bring your game up a notch or 2... you have to think a bit more present vs some dated story you are playing out in our head.. your target is probably more savvy than you.. smarter than you... and that first attempt.. it showed.

Hope that Helps.

PS.. yeah Im that IT guy.. BUT, I have a hot wife.. oh wait... not only that.. but 2 hot ex wives as well.
      Signature
      Success is an ACT not an idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397841].message }}
        Thanks man.
        Im only basing it on some of the one one on clients I have, not on any other basis. They work in i.t, don't have social lives, very socially uncalibrated. Like board games and warhammer.

Also I used to be the guy that played final fantasy all day and couldnt talk to girls, was over weight too and got bullied alot.

Hence i spent years working on myself mentally and physically (im 31yo). I have a BA in psychology with honors in counselling. So I am qualified in getting people to were they want to go.

I am just useless with internet marketing seeing as ive only just started. I can see you are really good at it though. Thanks for the tips.

No offense to the I.T thing,
        Just basing on the guys i know personally
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397881].message }}
        Also my product is more self development, working through social anxiety, body image issues, dating issues caused by insecurity.

Hence i want to work with guys that have trouble socializing etc. As ive been in there position.

I believe self development leads to better dating and relationships. I am not into pickup methods etc
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cheksbry
    I think your copy will get better with more practice, you can read up all the copywriting books written by Dan Alexander
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397696].message }}
      Do you recommend i test out my copy through ads etc while i work on getting better with copy or pause everything and just write?

Im currently gling through the rhino method book atm.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Williamson
    Produce a customer avatar and then write to "them" every day.

Don't write sales copy, just have a conversation so you can answer your own questions. What they're feeling, what they watch, what they hear, what they read, what forums, websites, YouTube channels they visit.

You need to connect using a story from their IT office or they're daily life before telling them they're doomed to a mating-free, joyless, miserable existence if they don't click your link ;0)

Have you thought about investing in a copy-writing course?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397901].message }}
      Thanks for the insight.

I may invest sometime, I want to try learn abit by myself first so I can tell which product would help me the most.

Ive bought products in the past and tried them and they havnt worked. Like alex beckers academy, fb mastery, product launch formula. But I learnt from my mistakes. (I just put material out and tested it instead of going through it and making sure its the best i could do

So Im hesitant to invest until i get a decent basis and can tell if a product will work for me. As at my level most of the products look good because they are good at selling it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxsi
    You can have a sale copy for $100 (made by a copywriter on WF)

Otherwise use plr products fo pennies and you have tons of premade copies to use (just adapt the text)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jazbo
    Sounds like a case of cutting costs by doing it yourself, then asking if it's any good.

Hire a professional, then you'll know it's good.

Would you put the engine in your own car?
    Signature
    CONTENT WRITER. Reliable, UK-Based, 6 Years Experience - ANY NICHE
    Click Here For Writing Samples & Online Ordering
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
    OP,

Learn who your best customer is. Use them as the 1 person you are writing to. Take the position of being the friend or big brother that wants to bring them into your world.

I don't write in that space anymore, but I did very successfully for about 10 years.

A lot of the "advice" in this thread is LOL.

Also ... learn where they lean politically. Politics plays a huge factor in our social values.

If they lean very far to the left ... the alpha male represents everything they hate.

But ...

And this is where we use cognitive dissonance to our advantage ...

If they are into "fantasy" stuff they probably respect the Warrior archetype and what is a Warrior but an alpha male?

Weave the fantasy archetypes into your copywriting.

That way you don't have to "say" you are one of them. They will know. It doesn't have to be said.

So maybe the tone is that of a big brother writing to his little brother ...

And back in the day you were the guy who got him into the fantasy stuff ...

But now you've become this new guy and you want to show him the way.

And if you were that big brother that got your little brother into Dungeons and Dragons ...

You'd be able to teach him your lessons in that context.

Does that make sense?

P.S. I might recommend you look at Hypnotica. Specifically if you can find videos of him talking to a crowd. Dude looked like a real life Wolverine. But was able to communicate very well with the crowd you wanna reach.

P.P.S. Lol, I keep adding sh*t. The Reluctant Hero is another archetype you wanna learn. You are trying to take them on a journey. But they don't wanna go. But they do. But they don't.

Get it?

Your emails are going to read more like a hero's journey they get to insert themselves in (reluctantly) ... than they are some cheeseball pitch for an IM-er product.

Cheeseball emails in the IM-er space look like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: Get rich quick?

Hey,

I just learned about a fast way to make real money starting right now. And it doesn't involve blah blah blah ...

And here's my cheeseball bullet points:

And here's my link:

And here's where I am going to shame you for not taking action.

And blah blah blah

Signed,
    Expert Bullsh*tter

P.S. You have to act now because these links are coming down in the next 48 hours so here's the link again even though it's really going to be up until I can't afford to renew the domain [link]

-----------------------

Nah ...

You want your emails to read like a combo of entertainment (the fantasy aspect does that), lessons, and the compassionate ass-kicking that only a big brother can give with love.

... Followed by the obligatory "buy my sh*t" link.

Personally, I used to slightly tweak that because my audience was less "fantasy" so I had a particular friend that I wrote to. Every email I ever wrote in that space was to that friend and nobody else.

I think the big brother approach with a fantasy crowd is slightly better because those guys often have lacked a male role model to look up to.

That's a reasonable explanation for why they are attracted to fantasy worlds that have structure, have male role models, have chivalry, have battle, etc, etc.

It's kind of a default way to try to self-learn the alpha male. Though it is often underneath their conscious realization.

The Warrior or Knight is kind of that exaggerated alpha male who can slay all dragons and protect all women and children.

It's who they want to be.

They want to be the guy who can do all those things ... but they can't in real life ... so they escape to a world where they can map it out in a safe way.

Even the super hero phenomenon is the attempt to fulfill that desire.

It sells en masse.

Which tells you a little something something about how much it is lacking IRL for most folks.

Okay ...

Enough with the brain dump.

Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cearionmarie
    If they say they like it, maybe it's already good. Maybe you are overthinking and underestimating your skills.
    Signature

Cearion Uy - Marketing Advisor
    www.influencerauditor.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398587].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    Glad you're back on the horse.. I've failed for years in many areas. Writing copy, creating a business... Everything! So I know a little about starting again.

As for copy and knowing if it is good. The only answer that matters is to test your copy and learn from the data and numbers.

It's the BEST teacher.

Also, when it comes to the writing parts - if possible, steer more towards the emotions. Not just features and benefits.

There's a ton of great advice here. Knowing your customer is probably the best. Once you can get in their minds, you'll have an edge.

Wish I could go into higher level strategies, but I'm sure that won't help right now.

Write, send traffic and test. Create a control (winning ad) then try and beat the last version with more tests.

And lastly, try not to get your copy critiqued by "committee" everyone is an expert in free groups. If possible get a mentor, or join a paid group. Where skin is in the game.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa

Hey guys, new here.

I started an online business a few years back and studied marketing as much as I could, I got leads through FB marketing but my sales copy was terrible. I ended up just quitting it.

I had an epiphany of a new company I wanted to work on, so for the last two months I have been designing the website and working on the product.

Now I'm back to the dreaded copywriting part. The part I find most challengeing.

I have a friend that gave me a copy of this course called KopywritingKourse and ive been through that and thought it was interesting. I have started using it on an email campaign and am starting to second guess myself.

I have sent it to friends and they said they like it, but I have a feeling they would say that to anything I do. I just don't want to burn through money like last time so i'm hestitant to start advertising till I know the copy is good.

Thanks guys in advance
    The only way to find out is to do it and measure your success rates. Split test, write 3-4 variants and see what works (converts best), then write more and do more split tests.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlfredIJ
    I think the overall goal of a sales copy is to somehow engage with your readers in order to get them to buy whatever it is you are advertising. Now, with that little being said, you know some things about marketing, sales copy, and your online business, and, asking your friends may not be such a good idea because they probably don't share the same interest as you do which is online marketing for a business you've created. To highlight my point about finding similar interest, you are doing the right thing about subscribing to a site like this one because this site and you share a common interest which is structuring your online marketing business for a successful future. Furthermore, I think you should ask yourself would I pay for a product that is joined with a sales copy that isn't detailed enough, attractive enough, exciting enough, and so on. In concluding with laying down emphasis on making a product worth value to you first, you should always I think in the realm of business and especially marketing, decide whether or not a sales copy is something that would fully persuade you to buy something and, you could pay attention to TV commercials, online ads, etc; because they can teach you much about a sales copy... always be thinking of alternative options to mold a nearly perfect and productive sales copy and online business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399230].message }}
      Thanks man. Ill keep that in mind. Ive got a few ideas now from this post. So write a few different campaigns and test them out and see which hits home
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author macanohosting
    It is an easy question , just send the people who dont know to rate your work honest. Send it to Us here and we will rate it honestly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399345].message }}
    OK, ive been doing a lot of research and been practising a lot. My next question is how long can a email copy be?

Mine are becoming quite detailed and are looking more like sales pages, I'm finding it hard to tell a story and be low on word count (i'm currently trying a reluctant hero archetype)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399609].message }}
  • The only way you'll know definitively is if people open your emails and if they convert. Just put it out there and check the analytics. If they're not opening it, it means the problem is with the headline. If they open it but delete or unsubscribe, it means they hate the copy. If they open it but don't buy anything. it means they copy isn't selling but there's still a chance for you to convert them. Keep writing and keep testing. That's really the only way to know whether or not your copy works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cybernetmarket
    I know you don't want to spend money. But what I do is this. In order to know if your copy is good or not only makes sense that if it is good people will react, if it is not they won't. So how do you know? By sending targeted traffic to your offer. I use Solo ads and pay for 100 clicks. If I am testing a landing page and you get at least 40 - 50% enguagement your copy is good. If not you must work at it more. You get targeted clicks by the way you write your email swipe. Any questions IM me please.
    Signature

New To Internet Marketing? Need some Help? check out my free course "Easy Online Marketing" Everything is totally FREE except for website hosting :-) http://reyalbert.com It all starts by taking action

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonnyg13
    I read a book about copywriting last year called "May I Have Your Attention, Please?" By Mish Slade which I found very helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Santiagovgs
    Ask yourself these questions

1. Is the audience is the correct one?
    2. Is the message of any real value/ insterest for that specific audience?
    3. Is the message written in the language that audience speaks (obviously not only considering the actual language like spanish or english but the words used, the slang, the grammar, the emojis, etc...)
    4. Is the message been sent in the right channyl, is the audience actually hanging in there?

If the answer is YES to all of them, then you´ve got yourself a solid copy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11402949].message }}
  • I have read that the best copywriters became great by analysing great copy.
    For example, they would take a piece of great copy and physically write down every word(at least twice)
    They would get the idea of the language and style a good piece needs and they would practice.
    If time is an issue then you may need to outsource this part of your business.
    Even if you outsource you need to be able to determine what is good copy and what is bad copy.
    Hope this helps, good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarWizard
    Hey mate,

Look at what Nerd Fitness is doing. They target a similar demographic, so you'll get very good ideas on positioning and copywriting for that demographic.

Also, Andre Chaperon used to be in IT, in the early 2000's but has become an awesome storyteller and copywriter. Check out his material as well.

Ben.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11408504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SyntacticsInc
    Hey there, Christian! Copywriting is indeed the tricky part to create on a website and a product. It's important to use the right words in a copy in order to properly sell your product or service. This generally sounds easy but it surely is harder to do.

Copywriting should include the 5 Ws: Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Who is selling the product? What is the product or what is the company about? Where is the company based? Why should people buy what you're selling?

It should also answer the 'how' question such as "How can customers contact you or purchase the product?" or "How will this product change your life?"

It should also make use of words that will be understandable and relatable to your target market.

In sum, your copy should be informative and persuasive at the same time. It should make people feel like they've been missing it in their lives and that it's going to make their lives better. However, it's also important to remember not to oversell and be spammy. When you oversell, people might end up being disappointed in your product when they finally get it.

If you continue to have a hard time creating written content for your product, you can focus on creating the website and have certain agencies do it for you. There are a lot of SEO or search engine optimization agencies who offer copywriting services. You can try seeking the help of a content writer from IT companies in the Philippines.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11409080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author epex20010

Hey guys, new here.

Thanks guys in advance
    **emails are the second biggest option people visit daily basis, but they probably spend less time inside, and only click if they are familiar with the email, they are subscribed to a list, or they find the "Topic" interesting. So the first thing and the most important place to work on is your email headline. Blank or too long headlines, do not covert, nor get a lot of click to open rate. (CTOR).
    Any offer, any promo you have you might consider putting it in the headline. Most of the time i take a direct and more personal approach, i try to use less Stop words and make the headline as interesting as i can. After they click on the email, you still need to keep your email body impressive and relevant. Go Long in the body and youll lose the chance to covert them to customers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11411841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarinaSalesTexts
    Hi) I agree with all who say about the target audience and the headlines. I started writing sales copies, mostly for landing pages, and here are some cents from me as a copywriter.

1. Do study your target customers as deeply as you can.
    2. Write their portrait down in a document or in a notebook.
    3. Formulate their primary pain or problem
    4. Study your competitors, formulate a unique offer that answers the question - Why you, your product, your service.

Write according to what you have found. Make your headlines unique and catchy. Write facts, avoid common phrases.

I can tell you more in person if you show me your text, and can write a new text just for a case in exchange, if you are interested.

Anyway, ask professionals for help, not your friends))
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11412952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian5
    Did you try to ask copywriting expert to make your a copy? Perhaps, it's better if you don't belive that you can make it good!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420536].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WalshCrown
    Learning a lot from here as well. Thanks for the tips, fellas!

By the way, just in case anyone's interested, my neighbor is selling a few American Force wheel and tire combos. If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11436246].message }}
  • You can always pay someone to write the copy for your website - places like UpWork offer a ton of services like that!
    However, if you do want to try your hand at it, I'd suggest going deep into your customer's head. Build personas, identify their needs and major pain points and how you can tackle them with your service. Write from there, in a way that they can identify with (maybe check out some competitors and how they are phrasing their own offers).
    Then test it out! Understand what works and doesn't; plus, don't forget to check for keywords that people search for the most and include them on your copy.

Hope it helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11438886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skylerjones2018
    Read a lot.Good copywriting comes from reading content a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11439386].message }}

Trending Topics