Can this plan work? And best traffic source for build muscle niche?

23 replies
Hey guys,

I'm trying get into affiliate marketing in the build muscle niche (specifically the "build muscle if you're skinny" sub-niche), so my plan so far is building a blog that regularly puts out well-researched "how to build muscle" content.

On the website, I'll have a landing page with a lead magnet that collects emails and leads to a thank you page.

My plan for monetizing my leads is reviewing products (probably supplements, etc.) and attaching affiliate links.

My question is, is this plan plausible and what would be the best source of traffic?

Based on my research so far I've heard that youtube is easier to rank than blog articles, but it also seems difficult to get views on youtube unless you're one of the top fitness guys. I have a decently muscular physique but not the elite-level physique you see on youtube/instagram.

So with this in mind, should I keep trying to rank on google with articles or try to rank on youtube? Or is there a better source of traffic that I haven't mentioned?

My goal is to get to $3000-4000 profit per month and scale up from there. I'm willing to use paid traffic to gain traction if need be. What do you guys think? Thanks
#build #muscle #niche #plan #source #traffic #work
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    I would say ppv, it's much more relaxed than other traffic sources. You could try bing ads but you would just need to ensure your site falls within their TOS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398603].message }}
  • You should use both article marketing and video marketing. On top of that, you can try paid traffic like Google AdWords as they are easier to scale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Yep; a well stocked blog sounds good, Donald Trump's tweet error.

Move away from income goals. Move toward a service intent. The best source of traffic is one you cultivate through generosity, through any online channel. Although I am impartial to blogging since you really show off your knowledge through a blog, impressing readers and driving quality traffic.

Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11398896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sizzleld
    Hi Covfefe!

I like the idea and I think you will do well. Being not the biggest person is a good thing because you will relate to people who are also, not that buff yet. So they will like you more.

If i were to recommend one or the other, I would say to do youtube. You can be successfull in that realm, but it will take two things:

1) Be Consistent - Probably will be the hardest part. You will need to build your video collection up and have a plan for how you are going to do the next 30-50 videos. I wouldnt go crazy with a video a day, but if you could do one a week, then keep at it. But dont keep doing the same boring videos. this leads to number 2...

2) Mix up the videos - Do some "How Tos", Some "Product Reviews", some "7 tips" and mix it up. Always ask your growing audience what they want to see next and you should be good.

I'd say once you get 30 videos done, get them transcribed and put onto your website/blog as articles. Include the video and a call to action and you will kill two birds with one stone.

But ultimately, focus on one source of traffic until you have it down, before adding another. and you can use the content from the Youtube traffic to build you website/blog.

Hope this helps

Sampson
    Signature

Want to learn how to do affiliate marketing without feeling overwhelmed?
    Private Message me to get FREE Step-By-Step Free Affiliate Marketing Coaching

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blackamerican
    Go with Both Blogging and Video content. You don't need to sell yourself via video to rank... Whether you're muscle or not doesnt matter. Read about ranking youtube videos and you'll rank in a day or with good keyword research. Go for content first since you're just starting out. Most people will buy from you when they get to see your blog and video contents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11399804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salsym
    Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post

Hey guys,

I'm trying get into affiliate marketing in the build muscle niche (specifically the "build muscle if you're skinny" sub-niche), so my plan so far is building a blog that regularly puts out well-researched "how to build muscle" content.

On the website, I'll have a landing page with a lead magnet that collects emails and leads to a thank you page.

My plan for monetizing my leads is reviewing products (probably supplements, etc.) and attaching affiliate links.

My question is, is this plan plausible and what would be the best source of traffic?

Based on my research so far I've heard that youtube is easier to rank than blog articles, but it also seems difficult to get views on youtube unless you're one of the top fitness guys. I have a decently muscular physique but not the elite-level physique you see on youtube/instagram.

So with this in mind, should I keep trying to rank on google with articles or try to rank on youtube? Or is there a better source of traffic that I haven't mentioned?

My goal is to get to $3000-4000 profit per month and scale up from there. I'm willing to use paid traffic to gain traction if need be. What do you guys think? Thanks
    Your strategy looks great. It will work.
    Yes, it is easier to rank video in YouTube than a blog in google.
    Even if you do not have elite level physique, I think you should take video approach along with blog. Your strategy in videos should have an approach, that if I can do it, anybody can do it. Cricket coach may not be the best player but he understand the finer points of the game. coaching and playing require totally different talents..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dana67
    Social media may be good to explore. Start a page for your site on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Post in different groups where people might be interested in the physical fitness/weightlifting niche.

Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickyz1
    I just landed on this new Music promotion platform it might be a good place to get traffic https://www.klickjam.com/
    Signature

Make $100 to $500 a day by trading bitcoin free video. Watch a free video and start earning with your bitcoins today

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheWoodCould
    I would include a little variety to your choice of videos. Reviews are great content to promote products and is how I learned and made most of my money from affiliate marketing.

I would also include other types of videos your audience may want to watch. Think of 3 or 4 types of content or "buckets".

These will help you generate more video ideas that will help your channel grow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11400748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuro
    Your main objective right now is NOT to get sales even though it is your goal at the end.

But having an audience for your blog and landing page.

As in people who like and trust you.

Question is how and where to find them?

And even if you do, how to connect with them?

Here are my recommendations:

1. Forums like this that you can do a Google search by typing Health or Muscle Building forums

2. Facebook groups and

3. Meetup groups in your local area

But even if you joined, there are strict guidelines to follow.

Do not go about promoting your link right away.

Instead treat them like how you treat your family and friends off.

Greet, introduce and build rapport with them.

And most importantly, HELP them.

Then over time once you gained their trust, then you can message or just ask them if they like to check your blog for more info and ultimately link them to landing page.

One thing I do discovered is when I have an audience, they are more keen to see and read whatever content I put out there.

Articles, blog posts, PDF reports, emails and videos.

And that is your market ultimately.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401189].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post

You can advertise your website using google AdWords, to bring targeted buyer traffic to your website. Just be sure to target buying keywords. (You can use the search function on this forum to familiarize yourself with buying keywords)

You can create your own unique workout videos, and pay for advertising on YouTube. You don't need to be ripped with six pack abs to get started.

Pic your niche wisely. If you market to beginners, then they would want to look like you, and have your results, if they are still skinny. But if your target market is the advanced muscle building buffs, then you may not attract too many of them to buy your affiliate products then, with your current physique.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chezzyman
    Try adwords and bing ads with free coupons, i thing there are even $300 for bing ads. This way you can better understand how to do it profitably, but of course your site should be perfectly prepared for selling before the traffic starts pouring in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11401989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rhadoo7
    I would say than much easier than building a blog, you can just build an Instagram page dedicated to skinny guys that want to gain muscle. You can post motivational images and videos, infographics etc. and it doesn't need to be your own content...you can just repost images and videos from others.

And in the bio you will have a link sending people to the landing page.

There are many free ways to grow an instagram page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11404742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redone111
    There are many sources you can use
    number one is instagram and grow it all in autopilot using bot like jarvee its best for me.
    Creat Pinterest Profil with more then 8 boards and you can grow it same like instagram there are many videos and courses show how

You can use facebook and the best one is video or fb ads.
    Reddit can be good source too for traffic

good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11404748].message }}
  • Don't limit yourself. Some people prefer reading articles, others prefer a video version. Keep studying the niche. Find out what type of videos get traffic, what type of articles get traffic. Also, consider combining the different media types. If you are writing a workout article, consider a video to accompany it to show proper techniques. If you are filming a video of you speaking, write an article with "show notes" and additional downloads relating to the video. - CG
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11404749].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author divyanshisharma
    That's a good idea for traffic source and i hope it will really help you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11406298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jamel Hassell
    I like the idea of niching down to an area where the competition isn't high.Not saying that competion is a bad thing but if you can corner a sub niche and become an expert in that area I would think that you should have an advantage.

I don't think that your body mass will hinder you from succeeding in that niche.You should just drill down and have a better mouse trap. You get the views via youtube and blog by showing up high in search with valuable i.e solution orientated content you will see growth.Remember that the product is not the most important factor here but moreso customer service value and a good advertising strategy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11407371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneynetwork
    Please go ahead, it has a good high rating at google trends , it is an evergreen niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11419209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author itstrisha
    This could be a really good plan with great results if you are doing it with full dedication.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ian5
    Google published new guide about sites and their position a month ago. There are more requirement to the blogs, where people teach other people. Shortly write: you have to be an expert in this and approve that you are an expert in this niche!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11420534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ehlee
    Fitness is saturated like crazy but it works if you bring a different angle. Your customers don't care if you're ripped, buff, or muscular. What will you bring to the table? How will you help them with their goals? What "hope" are you selling?

Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11425217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoindialink
    Yes, you can start with blogging and video sharing. These days, social media marketing plays an important role in enhancing traffic to the site. You can check out videos in You Tube to find out how to get ranks with the help of certain catchy keywords. And more probably, as you are a novice to this field, start blogging. Use relevant keywords in the blog to get ranks in search engines.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mal129
    I think the best source of traffic is organic, but that will take time to build. Your objectives are not unreasonable and I think with commitment and hard work you'll get to $3K-$4K/mo. I wish you luck!
    Signature
    SOLO AD TRAFFIC Provider for over 6 Years - Get targeted traffic to your offer from my privately built email lists. I have niches in Internet Marketing, Make-Money-Online, Biz-Op, Crytocurrencies, MLM, Health/ Weight-Loss/ Fitness/ Anti-Aging, Travel, Pets and more!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11434986].message }}

Trending Topics