Good starting processor, paypal ok still?

11 replies
Hi guys

Im creating a product with my mum and its a membership site. Do I need to use a shopping cart as well as a processor for a basic membership site or I just need processor? And is paypal fine or should I use someone like authorize.net or 2checkout.com and are those two latter ones hard to get accepted into or take much time?
Thanks for your time!
Justin
#good #paypal #processor #starting
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quentin
    I think Paypal is great and if you play by the rules you will have no problem.

Quentin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author francoza
    paypal is alot better than 2co and authorise..if you get accepted then you can go for it.

Otherwise go for Paypal.

hope that helps
    Signature
    10,000+ Quality PLR articles
    pm me

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dwatrous
      I don't care for paypal and I think that it might not give accurate measurements as far as what works and what doesn't. Depending on the niche you're approaching PayPal could have a very low penetration and that might steer some people away from completing checkout, even if they liked your offer.

Unfortunately the other route, a merchant account and payment processor, can be costly and more involved to setup. I prefer using Authorize.net and processing credit cards directly, but I write all my own software and don't have to wait/pay for it elsewhere.

So PayPal might be the easiest and it does work, but it makes your analysis and testing a bit more complicated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700833].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ralf Skirr
        Paypal is working fine for many people.

Especially if you're just starting, there's no reason to go for more complicated solutions.

Ralf
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy Trump
    Another benefit of Paypal is that a great deal of people are already familiar with it because of using it with ebay. So they can buy your products without having to worry about giving their credit card info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1700878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarkAse
    Definitely start with Paypal. For most people and most IM products it offers plenty. I think, especially at the beginning not complicating your life is important. Plus, everyone whom has pretty much ever bought something online has used Paypal so they already have an account set up.
    Signature

My current project, the Uncorked Ventures Wine Club. More coming soon, here.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1701151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SKWeaver
    PayPal works great for me too. It's fairly quick and easy. I use it for most of my "down and dirty" sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRoon
    Paypal is the best in handling money transactions. So its better to stay with the best than go to complicated ones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author smak
      paypal definitely for beginners.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820148].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NancyHill
        There is a lot of controversy about paypal, and I certainly would not do anything to violate their TOS unless you like taking big risks and don't mind losing your account and all your money.

However, I've used them as a payment processor myself now for a few years on a simple ebook site, and haven't ever had a problem. It's a great solution for starting out as there is no application, no contract, no ongoing monthly fee(s), no waiting to get going.

Keeping it simple, especially when starting out, will move a business forward faster than the complications and expense of finding a credit card processor.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820455].message }}

Trending Topics