how much is your signature link worth?

17 replies
I recently came across in another popular forum, people are selling their signature link and some are willing to pay a hefty price for others signature link.

In this forum is signature swapping allowed?

how much would you sell your signature for?

how much would you pay for others signature?

in case if your replying to this thread please let every one know what is your take/comment on swapping signature. Please do answer the above 2 questions well. who knows you would earn or find a good signature to swap from who ever follows this thread.
#link #signature #worth
  • Profile picture of the author AndyBlackSEO
    I had this thought a long time ago to help people with product launches, short term organic rankings etc but I don't think forum owners would like it.
    Signature
    [FREE SEO TOOL] Build 29 Effective, High Authority Backlinks that Will Increase Your Google Rankings in 2020... CLICK HERE ...
    ... Instant backlinks that can get you results within 24-72hrs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mmurtha
    No, it isn't. If you read the rules of the forum, you should notice that all the links in your sig file have to be owned by you specifically. And no affiliate links accepted either.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819417].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrenish
      Originally Posted by mmurtha View Post

No, it isn't. If you read the rules of the forum, you should notice that all the links in your sig file have to be owned by you specifically. And no affiliate links accepted either.
      I just read the signature rules and it says you cannot use affiliate link but what if out of my 5 line of signature I dedicate 2 lines for a 3rd persons website or WSO offer where there is no affiliate link but its just pointing to their website or product.
      Signature
      >> 149000 PLR articles to download << - The Ultimate PLR article collection
      26 Internet Marketing tools and software yours for free
      12 GB of PLR & MRR Package to download
      FREE tool to keep track of your AFFILIATE SALES
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819510].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Wright
        In the past Allen has presented 3 solutions for this type of spam. Doing away with sigs altogether, take away sig from the spammer or ban the spammer.

George Wright

Originally Posted by mrenish View Post

I just read the signature rules and it says you cannot use affiliate link but what if out of my 5 line of signature I dedicate 2 lines for a 3rd persons website or WSO offer where there is no affiliate link but its just pointing to their website or product.
        Signature
        "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AFD
    That would only make a forum haven for spam..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819426].message }}
    Mrenish,

here's what the rules specifically state - please notice the bolded print:

(5) No Affiliate Links Allowed - Promote Your Own Domain/s Only. It's either this or we have to cut out sig files altogether which we do not want to do.

(6) Anyone Caught Promoting The Same Site/Offer Will Be Deleted. Program owners are telling their members to come here and make posts to promote their offer in their sig files.
    So your last idea still wouldn't work here on the WF.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bettersocial
    I don't think any respectable IMer would sell his signature link for a few dollars a month. But it can be a good technique to drive traffic or gain backlinks if the person you're buying links from is pretty active.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      But it can be a good technique to drive traffic or gain backlinks if the person you're buying links from is pretty active.
      Maybe on other forums - but not here.

Promote Your Own Domain/s Only
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
      Dear April: I don't want any trouble from you.
      January was long, February was iffy, March was a freaking dumpster fire.
      So sit down, be quiet, and don't touch anything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    It would become a lot like a certain forum which goes by the initials: D.P.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    I find I get the best value when the posts are coming from me. The success rate is much higher. I have tried buying sig links from others, but the results were mixed at best.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
    People here don't worry too much about selling their signature files. They just sell their whole (aged) accounts instead. :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Why would anyone want to pay for a signature link?

Tal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1819948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mrenish
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

Why would anyone want to pay for a signature link?

Tal
      so that they can get backlinks to their URL or get people to click on their product/links without the person who has advertised the link not doing much in this form like posting threads or giving valuable comments and suggestion like us.
      Signature
      >> 149000 PLR articles to download << - The Ultimate PLR article collection
      26 Internet Marketing tools and software yours for free
      12 GB of PLR & MRR Package to download
      FREE tool to keep track of your AFFILIATE SALES
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820029].message }}
    mrenish,

Yeah, but it's still not owrth it if you end up getting banned from the forum lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
    Is my sig for sale? Everyone has their price.

Of course, you'll have to buy out my forum name as well. Trusted name. Long-time member. Over a thousand awesome, insightful posts.

Disclaimer #1: No guarantee the forum name won't be immediately deleted if sold.

Disclaimer #2: Potential criminal liability for passing yourself off as an attorney.

Feel free to PM all offers, which will be fully considered for at least two seconds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
      Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

Disclaimer #2: Potential criminal liability for passing yourself off as an attorney.
      That doesn't concern me too much, as I can always go to law school and get my license. It's the sex-change operation that's a deal breaker for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820366].message }}

Trending Topics