State of the Internet?

8 replies
Interesting Video...

Alex
#internet #state
  • Profile picture of the author Jake Dennert
    Thanks for posting this video... pretty interesting stuff!

I knew spam happened at a pretty high rate, but I had no idea it was over 80%

That's pathetic, isn't it?

Another think I liked was the growth of FB. That thing's growing so darn fast it's hard for anyone to keep track of it anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRoon
    I often see spam post in youtube mostly on movie trailers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Mensah
      Originally Posted by JRoon View Post

I often see spam post in youtube mostly on movie trailers
      yah JRoon, i see the same thing in youtube. it's quite annoying when you want to see an simple trailer and are not able to even view it. very cliche! . but it things keep up like this honest marketers will have a harder time at making ends meat. Half the articles I see today in Ezine are about scams etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Griffon
    Dear PD,

This is great, great stuff. You know why? It dramatically shows the size of the potential market as it exists now, and, the amount of growth we are all going to witness in the next 10 years. I was really surprised by the Asian Internet usage figures, though I am not sure why..it makes complete sense.

Anyway..thanks a lot for this info as I have been looking for it for awhile and have never seen it packaged up quite so efficiently and in such an entertaining format,

Best to you,
    Neal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820250].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Product Developer
      Originally Posted by Griffon View Post

This is great, great stuff. You know why? It dramatically shows the size of the potential market as it exists now, and, the amount of growth we are all going to witness in the next 10 years.
      Neal exactly that! potential market and whats to come...

There's plenty of opportunity in these stats for the savvy.

All the best
      Alex
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820392].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelHiles
    Wait until the Chinese government takes down the firewalls.

You think spam is bad now?? heh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ILUVCA$H
    great video !!

I was talking to a family member this weekend about the Local news use of Google maps and other internet sites now used by news media as a research - the average citizen is now basically a news report able to post photos , videos, blog updates that can change the world. This weekend a Hawaiian mixed martial arts expert reported and supplied viedo for the Tsunami (that never happened) and social media has played a key role in reporting and communication on the ground level in the two most recent earth quakes.

A local girl in San Diego went missing days ago and Facebook was used to drum up thousands of people to aid in her search and may have contributed in the recovery of her body and capture of her killer. (RIP Chelsea!) It used to take weeks - months and now we can get the word out faster and help find missing teens and kids in the first 48 hours when it most makes a difference.

I think this is just an amazing time to live - we can be apart of history like never before!
    Signature

Luke Smith | Affiliate Manager
    (858) 848-LUKE
    www.motiveinteractive.com
    IM: LukeMotive

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820519].message }}
  • Great Information. I knew the internet was powerful and vast, but seeing it in numbers is quite impressive.

Thanks for sharing that video.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1820536].message }}

Trending Topics