Quick question for any Word press guru's or SEO types on word press g

2 replies
Quick question for any Word press guru or SEO types on word press isues

I am looking at two options
Option one a static page (home page) that hammer home my niche sales letter ,video good content etc but then turned into a static page
Then a second page like industry news or help tips that is updated often with new articles or post on valve to create a constant flow of new content

Option 2- a very limited page (about us only other page) blog with the "home" page acting as the main new content page where new stories and articles are posted

Thanks for any suggestion or advice!!

Question would have a "static' page as the home page or main page hurt SEO or rank standing if good starting content was post but most new content added to a secondary page?
#guru #press #question #quick #seo #types #word
  • Profile picture of the author GSX Enterprises
    Honestly I would go with option one to maximize conversions. If people have to click around a bunch to find your products you risk loosing quite a significant amount of leads. While for SEO purposes your index page is better for constant updates, updating in general in a "blog" section won't hurt you. Google likes to see updates, but doesn't necessarily give them less weights because they're not your landing page, as long as they link around.

Consider sites that have a landing page then have a "blog" section, its the same concept you're going with!

Good luck and Safe Travels

-Amy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1821456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mike_lucas
      hummm so option one with a "indexed page" as the update...

I think you are right it will help convert better as they see the features of your product or service but I was afraid it will destory most SEO advantages of the Wp blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1822268].message }}

Trending Topics