Looking for article writers - right now, let's chat!

26 replies
If you provide article writing services for other marketers (or whoever I guess, I'm not that picky) I'd love to chat with you on Skype for just a couple minutes. I dug through pages of the Warriors for Hire forum and none of those guys are online. My skype id is on the left, so hit me up!
#article #chat #writers
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Are you trying to hire people or interview people?
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107378].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Ben Roy View Post

If you provide article writing services for other marketers (or whoever I guess, I'm not that picky) I'd love to chat with you on Skype for just a couple minutes. I dug through pages of the Warriors for Hire forum and none of those guys are online. My skype id is on the left, so hit me up!

Would you be interested in chatting via Yahoo! Messenger (think MSN, Windows Live and GTalk contacts can chat with Yahoo! contacts) instead of Skype?

I'm totally blind and use a screenreader which works fine with Yahoo! Messenger but isn't compatible with Skype.

I myself am a content marketing writer and also run a company offering offline and online business consultancy and marketing services (Grayscale)... a registered partnership company in Manila, Philippines since 2006.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Marx
    Signature
    • Deep Learning & Machine Vision Engineer: ARIA Research (Sydney, AU)
    • Founder: Grayscale (Manila, PH) & SEO Campaign Manager: Kiteworks, Inc. (SF, US)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author keithoz88
      hi Marx,

your link goes to "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/gsc/public_html/wp-content/themes/grayscale/functions.php on line 1662"

i'm living in antipolo - a writer who who is technologically challenged
      please send me a live link to my email : keithoz88@gmail.com

ciao,
      keith
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2123990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Colin Palfrey
    Hi Marx,

I was just reading your story and I have to say the idea of a blind writer is absolutely awesome. I just tried writing with my eyes closed and everything went well until I had to click something onscreen LOL. I read your story and was very impressed and just thought I would let you know.

Hi Ben, You can hit me up on Skype anytime I am on. I am on GMT so we should have a few hours when we are both awake LOL.

Cheers,
    Colin Palfrey
    Signature

I write articles and eBooks - PM me for details!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2107822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jedz
    Banned
    Hi,

Added you on skype. It would be a pleasure to discuss the details of the project with you. Please check your PM for more information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2108136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Brian
    Hey Marx, I'm a Filipino too, I always see your name around here and I never knew you are blind. I just read your story and I was amazed. I salute you for what you are doing.

Now I feel like a slacker after reading your very inspiring story. Good luck my friend.

(Btw sorry for semi-hijacking this thread)
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2112602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jafris
    Ben,

I am also looking to hire few article writers, and have some ideas as well -- let me know if you want to partner up.
    You can send me a PM

Thanks & Regards,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2113366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zabrina
    I know you're probably offline now, but just a quick question -- why Skype? :p Similar to Marx, I'm hearing impaired, so I don't use Skype much. Others prefer not to use it because they have slow computers, trouble listening to accents, or noisy background environments. Just a thought.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2113549].message }}
      Originally Posted by Zabrina View Post

Similar to Marx, I'm hearing impaired, so I don't use Skype much. Others prefer not to use it because they have slow computers, trouble listening to accents, or noisy background environments.
      Skype is perfectly capable of pure-text IM chat, and that's actually how I normally use it. I probably do one or two voice calls on Skype monthly, and the other dozen or so Skype chats every week are pure text.
      Signature
      "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2113567].message }}
        Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

Skype is perfectly capable of pure-text IM chat, and that's actually how I normally use it. I probably do one or two voice calls on Skype monthly, and the other dozen or so Skype chats every week are pure text.
        Ahh, I see. That's how I usually use Skype when I do sign on (for personal use), but I'm always worried that business contacts would want to call me, since I've found that clients think it's suspicious when you don't want to talk. :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2113797].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa

Ahh, I see. That's how I usually use Skype when I do sign on (for personal use), but I'm always worried that business contacts would want to call me, since I've found that clients think it's suspicious when you don't want to talk. :p
          I almost use text chat exclusively.

I have found that when people insist on talking over the phone, they just like to talk...and talk...and talk...There are exceptions of course.

Another advantage of text chat is that a complete record is automatically kept of everything that was discussed. Which makes later reference easy.

When talking over the phone, I bet you wouldn't remember more than 10% of the call after 2 or 3 days. Of course, there are times when a call makes more sense, because text doesn't convey emotions the way voice does. Not to mention issues of accessibility.

All the best,
          Michael
          Signature

"Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116148].message }}
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

I almost use text chat exclusively.

I have found that when people insist on talking over the phone, they just like to talk...and talk...and talk...There are exceptions of course.

Another advantage of text chat is that a complete record is automatically kept of everything that was discussed. Which makes later reference easy.

When talking over the phone, I bet you wouldn't remember more than 10% of the call after 2 or 3 days. Of course, there are times when a call makes more sense, because text doesn't convey emotions the way voice does. Not to mention issues of accessibility.

All the best,
            Michael
            Very good points, thank you. What do you say to people who try to call you, then? Or do people not tend to ask you if they can speak with voice chat? Just curious how to handle it, I might start using Skype more now.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116241].message }}

What do you say to people who try to call you, then?
              Nothing. Just don't answer.

Personally, I prefer to talk, so I usually pick up. But if I'm busy with something, or otherwise don't have time, I just ignore it.
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116250].message }}

Very good points, thank you. What do you say to people who try to call you, then? Or do people not tend to ask you if they can speak with voice chat? Just curious how to handle it, I might start using Skype more now.
              If they try to call without any warning, or any prior business relationship being established, I just wouldn't answer.

So far I have made exactly two phone calls via Skype. Yes, only two! I initiated them to test my microphone. It worked.

The other calls I have received were by giving out my home telephone number. I did that a few times and usually (not always) regretted it. It's not that I don't like talking on the phone, it's more that it seems those who insist on the phone tend to like good listeners on the other end, if you get my point.

Prior to that, it was very easy to not talk over Skype, because I didn't have my mic set up. So, you could use the same phrase I did if someone asks: "Sorry, but I don't have voice set up on my computer" or something to that effect.

All the best,
              Michael

p.s. If Allen Says tried to call me out of the blue, I would consider taking his call.
              Signature

"Ich bin en fuego!"
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116284].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Ben Roy View Post

I'm freelancing in article writing for more than a year now. I would love to help you out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116268].message }}
    Thanks for the suggestions, Michael and CDarklock. I suppose I'll stop being antisocial and add a Skype account, then. :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116535].message }}

Thanks for the suggestions, Michael and CDarklock. I suppose I'll stop being antisocial and add a Skype account, then. :p
      Let me know when you do, and I'll add you as a contact (if you'd like).

~Michael
      Signature

"Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2116546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Jenkins
    I need a few articles written as well if one of you is interested I am in I'm niche will provide more details if you send me a pm.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2124056].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Justin Jordan
      I don't especially like talking to my friends on the phone, much less people I don't know. The project has to be worth a lot for me to start chatting people up on the damn phone.

I maybe suffering from premature curmudgeoness.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Roy
    Well, as someone said before, Skype is a great platform for text chat. Just because you're using Skype doesn't mean you have to be on voice. Lots of people I mostly just use text, some people I jump on voice, and with a few people I use video. Just depends on the person and what the situation calls for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2125816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurenceh
    Nothing worse than debating whether or not to pick the phone up, and when you eventually do it's someone you really don't want to talk to!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattalways
    If you still need writers, I have a few. As long as you aren't looking for some ridiculously cheap content, I have some real high quality people writers that are looking for work. Give me an e-mail matt@snidge.com
    Signature

Quit wasting your money! If you need a website, get me to do it right! I'll probably even do it for less! Design/Development/Software, I'm your guy! matt@snidge.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mac the Knife
    I have to say, anyone who has a business and then doesn't respond to leads (i.e. emails, PM's etc) doesn't deserve the business. Heck, I give out my CELL phone to potential clients! I am always happy to talk to potential clients...that is where the opportunity lies!

Good luck to all those looking for quality writers...I hear there are a few floating around here at the Warrior...;-)

Mac the Knife
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126515].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurenceh
    Mac that could almost be mistaken for a shameless plug! You might as well have said look at my signiture.....well not MY signiture of course....but...oh I've done it now too ;.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126527].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zentech
    Hi,

I'm a copywriter. If you need sales writing, let's talk. If you need article content of other kinds, I'm sure there are many qualified Warriors here who can help.
    Signature
    * Stupid Offer: Killer Sales Letters ***$897*** Just For Warriors. Ethical Clients & Legit Products Only. *
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2126972].message }}

Trending Topics