What to write in 1st email for autoresponder?

10 replies
Hello;
Anyone had same problem with me, not know what to write in the first email.
Ok, I deliver my promise, is that all? What else?

Thanks....
#1st #autoresponder #email #write
  • Profile picture of the author petelta
    Begin the relationship building process. Deliver what you promised and give a little extra.
    Signature
    TEESPRING Student Rakes In Over $116k In Less Than 3 Months
    Niche Pro Profits - How I raked in OVER $120k in 9 months with authority niche sites...

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raja Kamil
    Not selling anything, just building list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bertuseng
      Originally Posted by Raja Kamil View Post

Not selling anything, just building list.
      Thank them for signing up and welcome them to your newsletter. Give them a link to their freebie download or whatever you bribed them with.

After that tell them what they could expect from the emails following that one. WIll they receive more tips or info or discounted offers...

And you should definately start selling them some smaller things after that.

Hope that was helpful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128138].message }}
        Originally Posted by bertuseng View Post

Thank them for signing up and welcome them to your newsletter. Give them a link to their freebie download or whatever you bribed them with.

After that tell them what they could expect from the emails following that one. WIll they receive more tips or info or discounted offers...

And you should definately start selling them some smaller things after that.

Hope that was helpful.
        Could you explain, why we must start selling small things?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KhirRahman
    Hey RK, you're well known and most inspired among IMers in Malaysia. So surprise you ask this type of question. Ok since you asked, establish relationship with your subsribers is te most important part.When people likes you, they will like you product. So treat them like a close friend to them, then you can easily grab all the money on that table.

Just my 2 cent. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128157].message }}
      Originally Posted by KhirRahman View Post

Hey RK, you're well known and most inspired among IMers in Malaysia. So surprise you ask this type of question. Ok since you asked, establish relationship with your subsribers is te most important part.When people likes you, they will like you product. So treat them like a close friend to them, then you can easily grab all the money on that table.

Hi Gang
      Even a guru must learn new thing loh...
      I am afraid, things are not the same at Malaysia, that's why I asked.
      Anyway, what you wrote above is really true.
      So, the same thing also applied globally huh ?
      Hurm, that good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author la dominatrix
      Originally Posted by KhirRahman View Post

My two cents worth is people can ask the oddest questions to things that you think that they should know. However there are plenty of long term IM'ers that do not have a list.

If I was building a list now I would concentrate on establishing a relationship, let people know who you are, encourage them to bookmark your web page. Ask them what they want conduct a survey of the important questions they want answering in say the third email to someone. Let them know you want to help them and are prepared to treat them as individuals with their own problems.

Think in terms of what value you can offer your subscribers bearing in mind that probably less than five percent will open your emails. I have written plenty of sample emails, if you want me to email you some examples them pm me with your email addy. And any one else that wants them as well.

Yes I know I could make you and anyone else opt in but what the heck I cant be bothered its Saturday afternoon and I have an essay on statistics to write and a psychology experiment to write up so I can't be bothered.

Write an honest review on your website about a product that you have physically bought explain what is good with it and what it lacks. Then write a short report to cover the missing link bits and offer the product to your subscribers with your free report.

Job done twice there you have established a trust you tell the truth, you have given away seomething of value and hopefully expanded your list and hopefully you will have started a sales funnel. You may not have many subscribers but you have started the process although you may not make a sale.

Start looking at the value you can give and the prifit that you can make will automatically follow it may take a few months but it will follow.

Hope this helps
      La dominatrix
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128188].message }}
        Originally Posted by la dominatrix View Post

My two cents worth is people can ask the oddest questions to things that you think that they should know. However there are plenty of long term IM'ers that do not have a list.

If I was building a list now I would concentrate on establishing a relationship, let people know who you are, encourage them to bookmark your web page. Ask them what they want conduct a survey of the important questions they want answering in say the third email to someone. Let them know you want to help them and are prepared to treat them as individuals with their own problems.

Think in terms of what value you can offer your subscribers bearing in mind that probably less than five percent will open your emails. I have written plenty of sample emails, if you want me to email you some examples them pm me with your email addy. And any one else that wants them as well.

Yes I know I could make you and anyone else opt in but what the heck I cant be bothered its Saturday afternoon and I have an essay on statistics to write and a psychology experiment to write up so I can't be bothered.

Write an honest review on your website about a product that you have physically bought explain what is good with it and what it lacks. Then write a short report to cover the missing link bits and offer the product to your subscribers with your free report.

Job done twice there you have established a trust you tell the truth, you have given away seomething of value and hopefully expanded your list and hopefully you will have started a sales funnel. You may not have many subscribers but you have started the process although you may not make a sale.

Start looking at the value you can give and the prifit that you can make will automatically follow it may take a few months but it will follow.

Hope this helps
        La dominatrix
        Great post there. Sure I will PM you. Good luck with your assignment.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128205].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author la dominatrix
          I have emailed you examples of a new e mail campaign I do not know whether they will be any good to you as I do not know what you are selling, but hopefully they will allow you you to think about what you want to create in your email campaigns. Don't forget think out of the box with headlines if you can half the battle is to get people to open them.

Also I believe in individuality I subscribe to a lot of Imer's list just to see who is doing what Ninety fibve percent I do not open because they are all using a standard headline and selling the same thing, - that is not thinking at all in or out of hte box.

I wish you the best of luck Raja and i ma back to the effects of cocaine on rats brain cells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La dominatrix
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnyeo90
    As I know,, you should introduce yourself in the email to let your subscribers know who you are and the experiences on making money online. Im bet that your subscribers love to hear your experiences and frustration before you succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2128295].message }}

Trending Topics