Help finding buying keywords

11 replies
Hi,

I am in the process of trying to turn around my first 2 wordpress sites that I ever had but am hitting a road block. Both sites get traffic to them but are not making any sales on anything. I am trying to find some good buying keywords that are low competition but am having no luck whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with this and brainstorm something or help me find a couple good keywords that I could rank for that people would be more willing to pay for.

The sites are healthyfoodsforbaby dot com and homewinemakinginfo dot com

Thanks
#buying #finding #keywords
  • Profile picture of the author behnk01
    aim me bro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2233957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamieSEO
    You forgot to mention if you have any keyword tools that you currently use, or if you are looking for a keyword research product, or just someone to do the research for you
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2234689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bfriday11
    Originally Posted by cjredart View Post

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to turn around my first 2 wordpress sites that I ever had but am hitting a road block. Both sites get traffic to them but are not making any sales on anything. I am trying to find some good buying keywords that are low competition but am having no luck whatsoever. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with this and brainstorm something or help me find a couple good keywords that I could rank for that people would be more willing to pay for.

The sites are healthyfoodsforbaby dot com and homewinemakinginfo dot com

Thanks
    Its great that you have decided to monetize your websites. To however setting your word press up to make sales, I will like you to answer this key questions for yourself. After answering this question I believe your worries will be solved.

1. What is the current theme or topic of your websites?

2. What are the keywords on your websites that are bringing in the traffic?

3. Do you have passion for what you have created your website about?

4. Are you really ready to make sales with your website?

After answering this question(that is in the affirmative), you can head over to Clickbank to look for products that will perfectly fuse into your sites and get you the sales. Clickbank and Amazon will also give you great keyword ideas to use. Do the keyword research yourself and be proud you made it online. All the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2235194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Piyush
    Your websites look great. One thing I was thinking of that might help your conversions was maybe putting a welcoming video of yourself telling readers about your website and what it has (even though it's obvious) and then given them a clear call to action to buy your ebook. The fact that there is a person behind the website adds a personal touch which will help conversions.

Your audience for the baby food site mostly are mothers so keep that in mind in terms of your keyword research if you do PPC.

Another idea is instead of a video just make an opt-in box for updates to the blog or newsletter. Then creating an autoresponder to help sell the ebook. You could also send the subscribers from the baby food email list to the wine list as I'm sure there will be some of that audience that likes to drink wine which can organically drive traffic and build more trust with you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2236457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Royalking
    I suggest you use imeye keyword service which is available to you for a 3 day trial best for anyone trying to find keywords with low competition and high searches.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2239203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjredart
    really? what do you pay for the 3 day trial? I've looked at IMeye but its way too expensive for me at the moment.
    Signature
    ******Promote Your Business Website******
    >>> STUNNING HD VIDEO SERVICE <<<
    ******Click this link to find out how******
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2242447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Begbie
    I would look in to Market Samurai. Market Samurai only has a one time fee. I have had good results with it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2244378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Boadicea
      cjredart, I have to agree with Begbie. Market Samurai's keyword research section (which you get to keep for free, whether you decide to buy Market Samurai or not) will tell you the amount of competition for any keywords related to your site, and the SEO Competition section will tell you the strength of the competition for those same keywords.

If you take the free trial then you could use the free trial period to do the research.

If you want to read more about Market Samurai you could take a wander around my blog (see second link in my sig).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2270111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author georgeflint
    Hello,

Keyword play an important role in ranking the website. So get more focus on keywords.

Thanks
    George Flint
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2245954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Boadicea
    The Challenge (in previous years called the 30 Day Challenge) has started for 2010, as of July 1st. It's a free internet marketing course. So if anyone is thinking of taking a free trial of Market Samurai they could do worse than sign up to the Challenge and use their affiliate link when the training gets to the Market Samurai bit.

They're able to offer a very special deal to Challenge members, such as much longer trial period.

Give it a try. You get to keep the Keyword Research part of the tool for ever, and you get some good free training to boot.

Isha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2290517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author louiseevans222
    The best keywords to go for are product names, they are of a low competetive rate, you will also get really targeted traffic....

If you want to drive massive traffic, go for newly launched names....

Newly launched products in your niche of course, because they will be in high demand depending on the authority of the creator....

So make sure you get a good keyword product name, to find a good product name, make sure the creator of the product is well known or has a big list

So you can profit from the BUZZ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2327280].message }}

Trending Topics