is data entry job is scam?

31 replies
hi
i want to know if Data entry jobs good or no .. if anyone know a good data entry site ..plz tell me
thx
#data #entry #job #scam
  • Profile picture of the author jones1982
    Originally Posted by light-v View Post

hi
    i want to know if Data entry jobs good or no .. if anyone know a good data entry site ..plz tell me
    thx
    Its depend on the site. you had better to join with freelance site & start data entry. Remember there are lots of sites offer data entry job & they require money from you. Don't pay anything to any site for get a job. there are lots of freelancing site as like, Odesk, Rentacoder etc. Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2271427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author forumer147
    I have read that most data entry are scam you must need to be careful in choosing the right data entry site for you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2271496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sharmili
      which site can take?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2271638].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jones1982
        Originally Posted by sharmili View Post

which site can take?
        If u r expert about freelance then you can start online data entry job easily!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2288258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sharmili
    ya am suferring from that i dont know what to do
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2271633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kittyd
    90% of data entry jobs are "scams" not because they are illegal but because they are so badly underpaid most of the time that even if you would do that work 24/7 you couldn`t make a living only out of it, at least not in north american or european countries.

so just pick your jobs carefully, no matter on which one you take, and just calculate how muct time each item actually takes (and they never take just a very few seconds) and multiply with the total ammount of items on the job & compare with the time you could spend doing that/month.

you will spot the "scams" more easily, even if half of the jobs you try at first are really scams (u will stumble upon some no doubt about it). None of us will actually escape this live alive, so be gentle with your precious moments....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2272540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dan208
    If you can't get the info up front (ie They want you to pay for the info) then it is a scam. I will show you how to get data entry jobs for FREE right here in this post. Go to any of the following sites:

Rentacoder.com (now vworker I think)
    eLance.com
    Freelance.com
    odesk.com

Become a member, and then search for "data entry" jobs. I guarantee you will find them. Make a bid on the project on how much you are willing to do the job for. If the buyer likes your bid/profile, you get the job. Do the job, and then you get paid. Simple!

Otherwise, try the forrums like digitalpoint and go to the buy/sell/trade forum > subcategory Services, and let people know you do data entry. Chances are someone will contact you. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2272882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sameguide
    There are lot of scams running on the name data entry jobs.if you are not aware of them and you will lose your money.just don't pay any upfront fee for them.There are sections in warrior forum that people look for service.just contact and bid on the works.if they like works and they will use your service for long term.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2274414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Katie_White
    It depends from where you are taking work you should have a good reference and good people to work witih. I have earned lot using data entry but sometimes i got scammed too, so you should be careful while working online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2274790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rypher21
    its not the case all the time, it depends..you just need to be careful before engaging in that kind of work...or any other work online
    Signature
    Business Consulting Services - Kittelson & Carpo Consulting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2274913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tictactalk
    Yeah, not all the time. Just be mindful of the offers you get through e-mail.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2274920].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hanot08
    i think not...but it still depends on where you did your data entry job...my sister in law's job is data entry also but she gets paid with that so i really don't think it's a scam...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2277619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vishal Burns
    Most if not all data entry jobs are scam. Even if you find some good ones , I recommend NOT to go for it because of its low payouts.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2291825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    Hi, it's a note from me, please think clearly: which is better, joining freelance website to do data entry or paying some money to unproven data entry site to get the job? They're the mid-man to connect you to the data entry outsourcer, so just go straight to the outsourcer and get the job without giving money away from there.

BEtter idea?
    Signature

For best hostel in malang https://bedpackers.com & mold inspectors orlando : https://waterdamagerestorationorland...d-inspections/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2292177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CarolThomas
    I've registered for some of these data entry companies in the past and MOST of them ARE SCAMS. Just be very careful - especially if they ask you for money first. After your payment they say that you'll get a link and you can start straightaway. I paid these companies and then never heard from them again. Customer services never reply to your emails and you've lost your hard earned money. So I would follow Dan's suggestion and look at the freelancer sites. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2314006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaratvit
    I'd stay away from it. It sounds pretty vague and if you can't get a straight answer from anybody there's a reason for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2315432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cadenmi562
    yes, it is completely true that most of the data entry jobs are big scam so everyone needs to be very careful. Most of the data entry websites ask for a registration fee and most of them are scam so don't pay anything as a registration fee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2325264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wonder_corn
    I ever paid $37 and got nothing.... so It's quite a bad experience for me. I do that around 4 years ago for two months. Stop doing that after there is no transparency on how they pay their member.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2346990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hayden459
    Data entry is not a scam, its true and you can earn lots of money for doing a data entry job. But for that you have to do a proper market research, almost all of the data entry jobs providing sites asks for registration fee.
    And there is nothing bad to give them a registration fee but before that you must thoroughly visit that site and have a trust that it will pay you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2350887].message }}
  • Any of the programs that ask you to pay for a job up front is a scam. Just think why should you have to pay to get a job, it's not acceptable, you wouldn't pay and employment agency to find you a job would you?

So far as the sites where people advertise typing jobs are concerned you have to pay a registration fee and then place a bid for the job before you even have an opportunity to make any money.

You also have to consider you are up against other bidders who have experience and probably many testimonials for work they have done for the networks. However, if you are determined to set up a data entry business from home it is worth joining and bidding for jobs.

I recommend Odesk, Elance, ifreelance, people per hour.
    Signature

Put your creative writing skills to work and make money online via Article Marketing. It is the #1 method to make money fast, in as little as 24 hours. Check advisory article - 'Article Writing, How to Make Money Fast'

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2351059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rahulr
    I bet you wont be making anything higher than $10 from this kinda jobs in a month, even if you work real hard.
    Signature
    {$5 ONLY}750 word article written on your keyword.
    GET IT NOW -http://goo.gl/gXH4m
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2352842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edk
    Originally Posted by light-v View Post

hi
    thx
    I hate seeming to act prejudiced but you should just look elsewhere if you're looking for something rewarding in any sense
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2352860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hendricius
    Yes, most are, i happen to register my self at some of the sites which promise you large sums of money, but they only waste your time and give you back nothing in return.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2359828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brenmk
    Most data entry jobs are scams, I would rather work with a business that is solid and will result in a reliable income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2360553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pranzyt
    i guess data entry jobs are adword job.. u sign in with affiliate...and promote them using adwords ..with typing or data...u need budget and beware of google..they can bann u anytime promotingaffiliated links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2377816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affilorama-portal
    Beware of the ones that say something about making lots of money easily with data entry. Those sites, entities, etc. that make that claim are usually scammers.

As mentioned by other members here, it would be good to join a freelance network. odesk and elance are good and legitimate but do not expect winning the job and getting the work done to be easy. The people who hire on those networks expect to get highly-efficient workers and there are those who will try to squeeze out the most work for the least money (but then isn't this true everywhere?).

At elance you should opt only for the free membership, which includes only one job category but this should not be a problem, if you are just starting out. When you are already making good money from there and ready to expand your freelance activities you can upgrade to a paid membership, but not before.

On odesk there is no paid membership for service providers but the rates of freelancers there are generally lower. Of course if you are really good and establish an excellent record there, you will be able to raise your price and still be competitive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2377877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephie614
    HI... got burned with misleading information. Cost me a bundle, not only with data entry, but with other job offers. Soooo, I put together a manual that gives over 900 reliable sources of jobs that you can check out. Look at my web site for more info. I agree,watch out for the email scammers. They promise big money..they will tell you how to do it step by step. When you get into it you find that they left off stuff that needs to be done and the job they give you has nothing to do with what they advertised. Try asking for your money back. Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2384679].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephan231
    i personally think it is a total scam .. keep away from it and there are endless other ways to make moeny with instead .. just read on this forum!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2409698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvo
    In the web most of the data entry job companies are scam.So you may check the freelancing marketplaces for getting an appropriate data entry job that will really pay you for your hard work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2740910].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author digitalguy
      Hello everyone ,

according to me this may be scamming or the loosing of your money by doing the data entry the better way is the do job in the good company that is not in the spam about 90% companies are doing the spamming.So choose the good one for that work.

Thanks.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2775845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maynard_Webmaste
    Internet really is full of scams so you have to be very wise and be careful in applying a data entry job. Gather information about the employers payment method or if you can contact a person he/she hired before that would be better.

I recommend applying on reliable sites:

scriptslisting.com/marketplace
    odesk.com
    Elance.com
    GetAfreelancer.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2873296].message }}

Trending Topics