Should I switch from static to Wordpress?

14 replies
I am new to building sites for profit, and I recently bought some sites from a fellow warrior that are getting traffic and are mostly highly ranked in Google for the search terms for which they are set up.

I know that it can be helpful to add more content to these sites, and Wordpress makes that easy. However, these are static html sites right now, so I am afraid of what might happen if I make a change.

Is it going to hurt the rankings if I make the switch to Wordpress? These sites are really only one page right now, minus the usual about us, contact us, sitemap, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!
#static #switch #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author KenJ
    There is nothing hard about adding content to "static" sites. I would leave them as they are and use an html editor to add pages/content.

What is the point of risking your existing rankings?

Kenj
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2416211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author caseycase
      Thanks Ken. You are right - it is not that hard. I can add the info to the html sites. I guess I just like wordpress more because I am more accustomed to it.
      Signature

Free IM Info, No Junk - http://www.ironcladim.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2416225].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author netkid
        @caseycase, why don't you start up a wordpress site and use it as a "feeder" site back to your static site? I sell my clients on having two sites, which can be an asset to your business. Building a linkwheel is a good idea now....gets you valuable backlinks to your static site.....

Hope that helps,

Bruce
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2416239].message }}
          Thanks Bruce, I think I will give that a try. I can see the value of having the two sites.
          Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2417817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author schoemoney
    or... add wordpress into a different directory and just replace the front page (leaving all other pages there)?
    (might need to tweak some wordpress settings to ensure those pages are found properly)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2416460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author se7en
    If it`s not broken Why fix it?Use that time to do something productive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2425301].message }}
      Se7en, you may be right. I just want to be able to update them quickly in the future, and WP makes that so easy!
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2427480].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    i would test. I have many blogs... but if i start a new site i use one as a control and one to test.... to see which one does better. Then after a month or so, i go with the one that is getting better results.

marketing is about testing, testing, testing oh.....then more testing...LOL i guess you get the picture.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2427488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author powercomm
    Just leave as is and build more sites using what you've learnt up to now.

Peter Twist
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2428005].message }}

Trending Topics