.info site not showing up

19 replies
Hi,
I set up a .info wordpress site at the beginning of May yet when I look at my stats in Google analytics, no search engines show up.
If I type site: http//....info into the google search bar it doesn't bring up my site.
Where is my .info site?
Can anyone help, please?
Regards.
#info #showing #site
  • Profile picture of the author Jonas Iri
    Search engines do not love new .info domains because they are used often by spammers.

How is the content? How many articles do you have? Low quality content on an info website is a no no and most search engines will deindex your website. Is it up to date? When did you do the last update?

You need a whole more lot of care and good content to rank it well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jsanderz
      Hi Jonas,
      The content is good but I only have 4 articles, and posting another tomorrow. The last article was a month ago as I am only posting once a month. I chose .info as all the others where taken and advised that .info sites can work well.
      Regards.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
      Originally Posted by Jonas Iri View Post

Search engines do not love new .info domains because they are used often by spammers.
      Total nonsense.

Google on the bolded terms...

This does beg the question, have you ever searched for info on Noam Chomsky? How about regular expressions, roman coins or craft ideas? Maybe you've never needed to do some research to find out if New York was a sanctuary city or to find out something about New York transit. Oh, and have you thought about moving your money to a local bank before you go shopping on Black Friday?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418853].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Caiden
        Originally Posted by bgmacaw View Post

Total nonsense.

Google on the bolded terms...

This does beg the question, have you ever searched for info on Noam Chomsky? How about regular expressions, roman coins or craft ideas? Maybe you've never needed to do some research to find out if New York was a sanctuary city or to find out something about New York transit. Oh, and have you thought about moving your money to a local bank before you go shopping on Black Friday?
        Nice post!

However, my personal experience is that although .Info's do of course get ranked (have some myself) I seem to find it harder to get them to stick! Because of this the available info domain would have to be awesome for me to register and pursue!

Maybe it's a placebo effect thing?!
        Caiden
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2424240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ansari
      Originally Posted by Jonas Iri View Post

Really? I have just had 3 .info domains indexed within 24 hours and their sub pages too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2424102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author good2go4
    Have you been doing other things to get your site noticed like pinging it, or using RSS feeds, or similar? I find it does take a bit more work to get my dot info sites listed in google, but it can be done within a couple of days if you do some linking and other promotional steps.
    Best wishes
    Lisa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marian
      Social Bookmark and Stumble Upon your site.. it should be indexed in a matter of couple days at most. My blogs usually under 24-48 hours.

Marian
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418852].message }}
      Hi Lisa,
      Yes I have pinged it and I use XML sitemap which is supposed to speed the process up. I have also added both www and non www website in webmaster tools.
      Regards.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418858].message }}
        Hi Marian,
        I use SocialAdr and this has not helped.
        Regards.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
    Originally Posted by jsanderz View Post

Where is my .info site?
    Can anyone help, please?
    Without knowing more about the specific site, it's hard to say. If you don't want to post the URL publicly, you can PM it to me and I'll take a look.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quentin
    I set up a .info site last month and it is doing great so I think it has very little to do with domain extension.

Check that your wordpress is not set to private.

Quentin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2418914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JD_Sanders
    I have about 40 .info sites, all indexed, (usually indexed within a week), most less than two months old. Four sites are on the first page of Google and, on one site, I'm listed #1 in Google for four different keywords.

Now, what I'm not sure of at this point, is will conversions suffer because of dot info.

BTW, you have an excelent name!!

JD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2422177].message }}
      Hi bgmacaw,
      Thanks for getting back to me.
      I use Google Analytics and under Traffic sources I can see results from Direct Traffic and Referring sites but under Search engines is 0.00%.
      Regards
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2424052].message }}
  • is it indexed? type in site:http//www.sitename.info into search bar to see?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2424242].message }}
      Hi,
      Yes it is indexed and showing 15 results. However in Google Analytics and under Traffic sources I can see results from Search engines as 0.00%.
      Regards.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2427896].message }}

Trending Topics