A Facebook Business Page, with a vanity url, any point in building backlinks

2 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I have a a Facebook Business Page, with a very good niche vanity url.

Is this likely to move up the rankings to page one naturally, or could I boost its rankings by building some backlinks to the page.

Any thoughts on this one?
#backlinks #building #business #facebook #page #point #url #vanity
  • Profile picture of the author sandrax
    Oh yeah, absolutely. There are a lot of facebook fan pages up high in the search engines just because of a great fan page name.

Just Google: "Speed TV" and you will find their FB fanpage on the first page and their Twitter account also. Building links would surely help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3383758].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan C. Rinnert
      If you're going to spend time and/or money building backlinks to a site, why spend it on a third party site instead of one actually owned by you?

I thought the point of a Facebook fan page was to get customers and traffic to my site, not to Facebook. I only need the page to be noticed from within Facebook, to get Facebook users who have not heard of me to my page.

Outside of Facebook, I have no need to build links to a Facebook page in order to build Facebook's popularity and PR. I want to bring people to my site. It seems counterproductive to me to get people to go to my Facebook page and then (maybe) to me, when instead I could get them to go directly to my site.
      Signature

Dan's content is irregularly read by handfuls of people. Join the elite few by reading his blog: dcrBlogs.com, following him on Twitter: dcrTweets.com or reading his fiction: dcrWrites.com but NOT by Clicking Here!

Dan also writes content for hire, but you can't afford him anyway.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3383886].message }}

Trending Topics