Read Kindle books without a Kindle?

16 replies
Yes you can!

More and more Internet Marketers and other authors are publishing their work in Kindle format.

As such, they are usually MUCH cheaper than the printed format AND you can be reading them in minutes rather than days!

So what if you want to read a Kindle book...but don't own a Kindle?

Not to worry.

Just go to Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps and you can download a FREE Kindle reading app for your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, and/or Android phone.

Easy as that!
#books #kindle #read
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Coleman
    Good stuff, Seth. Also, if you are creating Kindle editions, some great tools here:

Kindle Publishing Programs

Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kianhowe
    This is one area of IM that I have not gotten into yet. Perhaps I should start to really look into it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edlewis
      Yep...for some of my Kindle books that are heavy on examples, I make sure I tell readers that they can read all their Kindle ebooks on their computer with the Kindle App.

This is especially important if you are publishing a "How-to" type of ebook.

It's great to snuggle under the covers with your Kindle...or lay at the beach with your Kindle...but it's not really practical to read a "How-to" ebook on a topic like WordPress on your Kindle next to you as you sit at your computer...or use your laptop.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407429].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SethLarrabee
        Originally Posted by edlewis View Post

Yep...for some of my Kindle books that are heavy on examples, I make sure I tell readers that they can read all their Kindle ebooks on their computer with the Kindle App.

This is especially important if you are publishing a "How-to" type of ebook.

It's great to snuggle under the covers with your Kindle...or lay at the beach with your Kindle...but it's not really practical to read a "How-to" ebook on a topic like WordPress on your Kindle next to you as you sit at your computer...or use your laptop.
        Great point, Ed!

If you are expecting to learn something from you're Kindle book, then you would most definitely want to be at the device you are learning how to use at the same time.

Learning without DOING, especially in the IM industry, is senseless.

Thanks,bro!

Seth
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3416779].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SethLarrabee
      Originally Posted by kianhowe View Post

This is one area of IM that I have not gotten into yet. Perhaps I should start to really look into it
      Absolutely, Kianhowe! This is quickly becoming a HUGE marketing arena.

If you become an author, you build awesome social proof and credibility.

Get it going!

Seth
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3416766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vwaldeck
      Originally Posted by kianhowe View Post

This is definitely the way to go.There are roughly a billion computers on the planet connected to the internet and about four billion mobile devices, the majority of which can read eBooks in numerous formats using free software.

The Kindle has become the most gifted item in Amazon’s history. By some estimates, sales for Amazon's Kindle eBook reader topped 8 million last year. It took the iPod and iTunes many years to become the number one music retailer in the US. The Kindle has overtaken the competition in just two years.

The sales channel for e-books is growing rapidly and has global reach. A large fraction of the four billion people who can afford a mobile device can afford a $2.99 eBook. And the vast majority of the one billion computer owners with internet access can buy that book.

It is plausible that in the next five years, some author somewhere will write an eBook that earns him or her millions of dollars.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3485240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author profits2u
    I've been hearing a lot about Ipads for the same purpose as the kindle. Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two of them are?

A prompt response is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3420198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author energytimes
    Wow thanks I had no Idea you can download that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3458882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrED_Tampa
    Thanks for the info. Ed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3483835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vwaldeck
    Originally Posted by SethLarrabee View Post

Yes you can!

More and more Internet Marketers and other authors are publishing their work in Kindle format.

As such, they are usually MUCH cheaper than the printed format AND you can be reading them in minutes rather than days!

So what if you want to read a Kindle book...but don't own a Kindle?

Not to worry.

Just go to Amazon.com: Free Kindle Reading Apps and you can download a FREE Kindle reading app for your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, and/or Android phone.

Easy as that!
    I started there, but what a pleasure to get away from my computer and read stuff on my Kindle in a relaxed way. Now I'm writing for Kindle. Such fun.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3485229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saiddon
    Thanks for the great information guys.

Do I have to own a kindle to be able to purchase ebooks and read them using the apps?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3533159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alistairmoore
      This is nice information. It help to well memorized our work. It is really amazing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3660083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sepia
        Didn't know that an app like this existed.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3943229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bessie Daniels
    Banned
    Thanks for the share and info , I had appreciate it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002662].message }}
  • There is more than that. Now for all the smartphones, using Android as their OS (and that's A LOT), there is an app Kindle, that enables to read the Kindle books on it, but actually there is much more: all your Kindles are synchronized, so when you read some book on your phone, then when you continue to read on your PC or your "real" Kindle, they start on the page you finished on, on your phone's Kindle. All your highlights, notes are saved and sync'ed.

I use Kindle a lot on my phone. In the landscape orientation mode it gives quite a wide screen for a very comfortable reading. I am enjoying reading there.

I got so used to that, that for other pdfs I want to read, I downloaded Mantano Reader - another app for Android (they all can be downloaded from the Android Market), that acts like Kindle - it remembers the last page I finished on (I LOVE it! it means I can read in parallel several books, and on every one it will open exactly where I finished, with all my highlights and notes!), I can add tags there etc., for a much more convenient use.

So when you educate your readers about the Kindle on PC, you can tell them about this option, too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5007629].message }}
  • Oh, and all the synchronization Amazon does for you - you do not need to transfer the information manually between all your devices.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5007639].message }}

Trending Topics