Internet Marketing Sets To Explode In Recession

17 replies
Internet marketing is about to explode with so many people jumping into the bandwagon as a result of the stalled economy. IM is no longer an art and one can easily participate.

The question is how does one differentiate from the others. What do you think can be done to change the rules of the game?

cheers,
keen
#explode #internet #marketing #recession #sets
  • Profile picture of the author lakshaybehl
    Originally Posted by Joe1204 View Post

Internet marketing is about to explode with so many people jumping into the bandwagon as a result of the stalled economy. IM is no longer an art and one can easily participate.

The question is how does one differentiate from the others. What do you think can be done to change the rules of the game?

cheers,
    keen
    Maybe by posting your photo...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[330755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Loren Woirhaye
    Most people who try will Suck at communicating.

Beat them. Communicate better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[330758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thomasukm
    Yes, be unique, have a unique of yourself.

Thomas
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[330784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FrankRumbauskas
      Be honest. Be ethical. Don't make ridiculous claims. I predict many of the gurus won't last long-term because they're ruining their credibility by making outrageous offers aimed at desperate and credulous people.

Be different from them by offering a quality product at a fair price and don't promise "something for nothing."

Read 'The Fountainhead' by Ayn Rand.
      Signature

New York Times Best-Selling Author
      Certified Google Partner Company
      Fast Company's Top 30 Most Influential People Online

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[330815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony Smith
    Honesty is key, in order to keep relationships going you must be trustworthy as well. Don't make promises you can't keep, and always do what you say your going to. Be precise, on time, and always prepared. Most people do this as a secondary income, or because they don't want to work that hard. Be the opposite, be serious about what your doing. That will make you stand out.
    Signature

Need help finding affiliates?
    Need a joint venture broker?
    www.jv-brokers.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[331048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe1204
    The best advice I have been given is to " change the game " instead of "changing the rules of the game". Create the blue ocean out of the niche.
    So far I have yet to come across a site that shows this process. Maybe it is a niche product by itself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sylviad
    Originally Posted by Joe1204 View Post

cheers,
    keen
    Do you have some legitimate report that says this is going to happen? Or are you just assuming?

Can't imagine what you mean by "change the rules", but Joe1204 had an interesting view on it.

Sylvia
    Signature
    :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
    :: Writing, Audio Transcription Services? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hesaidblissfully
      Originally Posted by sylviad View Post

Do you have some legitimate report that says this is going to happen? Or are you just assuming?
      Yeah, intuition would lead you to think that more people would be looking for supplemental income, but I haven't seen any actual data that points to an explosion in opportunity seekers. Although I have noticed more "make money online" advertisements catering to the economic slowdown or whatever you want to call it.

As for how to stand out, IMO you learn how to craft an attractive USP. What do you do better/faster/easier/with higher quality/with more integrity/in a more entertaining way/etc. than the competition does?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JWB
    I agree IM will explode due to the current economic times...I feel one technique is to " think outside the box " and expand your horizons by looking at different opportunities...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[363272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joe1204
    Hi warriors,

Anyone out there who has a process to create the niche product. I would love to hear it from you especially if it is related to self improvement.

Keen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
    Keen, did you bump this old thread of yours all this time later just to slip your "self improvement" link in?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I think that depends on your definition of Internet Marketing.

There may be a lot of desperate people turning to the Internet for answers but most of them will not have the skills or persistence to succeed - therefore they're not really competition for people already successful.
    Signature

nothing to see here.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Traffic101
    Hi, I know I was turned on to internet marketing because I want to work from home, and by working a bit at a time, I'll be able to do it someday. I agree that quality is important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Loren Woirhaye
      I've thought about this a lot and spoken with many people.

Education is the next big thing. Many people who would prefer
      not to self-educate will be forced to do it because they
      lost their jobs.

Because so many people have their backs against the wall they
      are in fact turning to the internet looking for ways to make
      money - and there is a good opportunity in offering training
      to these people.

There are other good opportunities too. When you sell "make
      money" products to people who are desperate to make some it's
      a bit of a marketing problem - after all, they don't have money.

There is a wide band of people who need a new career and actually
      have some resources to invest in learning a new trade however.
      Working against us all in selling these products is the onslaught
      of confusing information seekers of opportunity face.

If you can manage to be a voice of clarity in that sea of confusion
      you can really win some solid customers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507174].message }}
  • They aren't really competition for other beginners either.

If everyone moved online, well heck, I would move offline. There wouldn't be any competition and I'd own entire cities.

There might be a surge, but its the same as the surge you see at your gym after new years. Everyone tries hard for a week and then goes back to what they did before.

Want to win? It's easy:

Work hard, smart, and don't give up.
    Signature

Money isn't real, George. It doesn't matter. It only seems like it does.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507158].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sheffie
    Be a leader rather than a follower. Create a product, not resell product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pat Ordenes
    to state that IM is going to explode is a bit rich, no?
    Surely there will be surge in the influx of new marketers, but lets not forget the success rate...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507203].message }}

Trending Topics