How do I check if my site is search engine friendly?

46 replies
It is important to know whether my site is search engine friendly or not ...
to know this read as follows---

Turn off JavaScript, CSS, and cookies in your web browser and view your website. On this way the search engines most likely see your website. If you can successfully view your content and navigate your website your site is mostly search engine friendly. The only other thing to check is your URLs. Not using a session ID or 'id=' in your query strings is also very helpful.

Thanks all

Have a nice time !!!
#check #engine #friendly #search #site
  • Profile picture of the author brooksyd2
    I'm interested to know where you have come up with this information. Some of it seems slightly counter-intuitive, such as turning off JavaScript. To be honest I didn't even know turning off CSS was an option!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4135883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gaofan
    Code concise, coherent, orderly and focus on user experience. Level, the New Komeito, a reasonable arrangement of words accurately. Internal links correctly. These are good practices.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4136394].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author reds88
      there are so many SEO tools... just google it
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4136434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryder553
    Thanks, this wasn't much help, but I'm pretty bad at SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4142895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KMEByrne
    Hey ya, hmm there are a few good tools to check to see if your site is SEO friendly, Blogger High is a good one, also web page analyzer is another one. Both these products provide great information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4145254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author itsallwhite
    Use Google webmaster tools - there is an option in there where you can see what your website looks like in their eyes.
    Signature

Coming soon!

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4145656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author conniefuller
      Originally Posted by itsallwhite View Post

Use Google webmaster tools - there is an option in there where you can see what your website looks like in their eyes.
      I think google webmaster tools helps you.I use it many time.It's realy owesame .....just try it.You can also use SEO soft There are many SEO softs some are free. And all are use full.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4439951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MIRENGE
    good information though i have never used those tools i will try and see how the tools works.
    Signature
    Interior design .... where beautiful homes is all we care.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4145887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirSM
      Originally Posted by brooksyd2 View Post

I'm interested to know where you have come up with this information. Some of it seems slightly counter-intuitive, such as turning off JavaScript. To be honest I didn't even know turning off CSS was an option!
      How is turning off JS counter-intuitive? No popular search engine executes JS, especially not Google.

Originally Posted by itsallwhite View Post

I use the Webmaster Tools to extract the text as seen by Google Bots and then run a keyword density check using my own JS program. Except for some garbage keywords, the results are pretty accurate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4145929].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lbob
        Don't forget to analyze your sites performance with google's page speed.
        Code:
        http://pagespeed.googlelabs.com/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4157286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sahar123
    you have to see the internal and external links of your site . check its meta tags content must be there, images have alt tags , robot txt present or not , site map is generated for the site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4158892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aby2maria
    Google webmaster tools is an option
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4161034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addison.agnote
    There are many tools available on the internet that you can use to check whether your site is search engine friendly or not.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4165845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zeehar
    It's also little bit confusing. I know how to control the java script of the site but don't know anything about CSS. What's it mean? Where can i found it & how to control it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4173520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrnestyy
    There is a search tool here GumGift Post to check. all you need to do is to go to this site and input your site and click search
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4177827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author soniakapoor88
    To check the website for search engine friendly, you have to do following steps

1. Check title of the page, it should me keyword enriched
    2. Check meta keyword and meta description, it should be interesting and keyword enriched
    3. Check and html and css, it should be clean
    4. Check webmasters for all search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing. sitemap etc.
    5. Make a 301 redirect

and content should be original and useful and related to topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4181305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Simon6Sweet
      Hey Sonia,thanks your tips helped me a lot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4189685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DivineWeb
    google webmaster tool is the best option... thanks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4211109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vipagents
    hi

If your website isn't search engine friendly, your website is not earning you enough money.

3 ways to drive traffic to your website:

1) Search Engines
    2) Integrated Marketing
    3) Compelling Visual Content

thanks in advance
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4237303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheOnlineEra
    There are websites that gives you exact content a search engine will see when it crawls your site. You can use these free tools to check how your content appears to Search engine and then can do the modifications accordingly where you lack..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4252076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stgibson
    Turn off following:
    JavaScript,
    CSS,
    cookies
    in your web browser and view your website yourself. This is view how the search engines most likely see your website. If you can successfully view your content and navigate your website your site is mostly search engine friendly. The only other thing to check is your URLs. Not using a session ID or 'id=' in your query strings is also very helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4313635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Muhammad
    Here are somethings you have to know I hope this helps.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Get...ines&id=183659
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4368734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conniefuller
    You can use these free tools to check how your content appears to Search engine
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4390873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sakthiganesh
    The best way to doing this is , test your site with Google page speed online and design the site as per the improvements
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4406819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DesignFan
    If you are not tech savvy, use wordpress. there are tons of plugins that will help you optimize your website. all-in-one seo, googel xml sitemaps, seopressor, wp-cache, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4441992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonatan
    Make sure to include your keywords in your page title, meta description and meta keywords in the source code of your site. It is also good to have your keyword in the first sentence of your content. Also make sure that you have quality, unique and relevant content on your website. Hope this helps!
    Signature
    Get your FREE 7-part Mini-Course and Discover How You Can Go From Making Nothing
    To Making a Significant Income From Home: CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4464072].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Affillionaire
      It's pretty easy:

1, Make sure you have only one H1 Tag and atleast 1 H2 and H3 but can have more if needed.

2. Use 1 bold, 1 Italic, and 1 underlined keyword your optimizing for.

3. Always link back to your homepage from each page or post.

4. Link out to an authority site.

5. link to another page/post using an anchor keyword.

6. Use minimum of 600 words post. I notice anywhere from 600-700 quality posts and 100% unique content is best.

7. Use 1 keyword per 100 words.

8. Use keyword in 1st paragraph(hopefully 1st sentence) and last paragraph (hopefully last sentence)

9 Use "alt" tags on all pictures.

10. Use plugins, All-in-one SEO, Google XML Sitemap (Use these as the minimum)

This should start you off, but it is always up to you to mange your site for optimal results depending on what type of site your building.
      Signature
      Let Me Turn You Into An Xpert Marketer!

Internet Marketing Doesn't Have To Be Difficult!
      Sign Up Now To Learn How To Drive Traffic, Build A Massive List & Convert Them Into Lifetime Paying Customers!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467795].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erikko
    You can rely on Google and Bing's webmaster tools and other 3rd party SEO tools.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gazraz101
    Go for on page SEO first: quality relevant keywords rich content, make sure all the css, images, js etc are optimised, add alt and meta tags, create some links to other pages etc.

Off Page: get good quality relevant backlinks, don't go for cheap 10,000 backlinks for $2 they dont work.

Do your reasearch for your niche or business, look at your competitiors and make a twist for your site, dont copy like for like.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4484283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Offline Titan
    Try to use google SERP tools and search for your niche website and enter your URL then You will find the ranking of your site in google search results.

Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4505223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author niitesh
    thank you i had no clue on how to check a search engine friendly site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4507752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edwin101
    u can check your site at Website Analysis & Internet Marketing | WooRank

nice analysis though
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4517592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackelie78
    many here give a very good idea to make a blog / site search engine friendly..thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4530948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gergo2007
    Can someone explain me how woorank works? I got some problem with it i think its not the best.
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4569220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pouringpound
    You can do website analysis compared with your competitors and check why they are ranking high and why your website is not in order to make your website SE friendly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4580535].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author web12
      i don't really understand this though
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4587802].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adam456
    I am newbie to internet world and don't know how can I switch off java , css and other programs ?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4596521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irisliauw
    much tips in here thanks for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4713664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HamEBooks
    Free SEO analysis tool here (was first result on google)

Free SEO Analysis Search Engine Optimization Tool - SEO Workers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hanandaner
    There are so many SEO tools online to check it, regularly have a check on google analytics to know the traffic sources.. among all this having a good content is most important...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4832428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dame016
    Let me try this. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4997081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yaros
    Nice stuff.I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5099364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jameswatson2002
    Google webmaster tools is what I always use, there's a way to see what your site looks like to Googlebot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5178867].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony Nguyen
      Originally Posted by jameswatson2002 View Post

Google webmaster tools is what I always use, there's a way to see what your site looks like to Googlebot.
      Yeah, me too. Google webmaster tools work really well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7568783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author christinejones
    Banned
    Validate your HTML files with W3C. This is a way to ensure that your website is properly showing and displaying the way you want it to across different web browsers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6087520].message }}

Trending Topics