What's the most amount of money you have paid an article writer per article?

25 replies
Guys believe it or not when I was starting out I actually paid $30 per 800 word article. How much do you normally pay them?
#amount #article #money #paid #writer
  • Profile picture of the author VegasGreg
    $128.

I ordered a lot of articles from one guy and paid $128. He sent me 1 article and disappeared. So that is my most per 1 article. (I did eventually get my $$ back from Paypal.)
    Signature

Greg Schueler - Wordpress Fanatic... Living The Offline Marketing Dream...

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449428].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andrew Stevens
      The most I have ever paid is $5 a piece in bulk. I think there are plenty of people that will do an excellent job for that price. I am sure there are plenty of people that do a not so great job at that price.

I do believe you can find writers that will write articles better than people charging much higher. Many people on the warrior forum in fact.

Also just wanted to add that is usually for 300-400 word articles. I saw you metioned 800 word articles, I'm really not sure at that length.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by VegasGreg View Post

$128.

I ordered a lot of articles from one guy and paid $128. He sent me 1 article and disappeared. So that is my most per 1 article. (I did eventually get my $$ back from Paypal.)
      It's good that you actually got it back. That must have been a rip off.
      Signature

^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
      Originally Posted by VegasGreg View Post

$128.

I'm glad that you receive your money back eventually.
      Signature
      [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

"Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Ayres
    The most i have paid for 1 article is $6
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    i pay $12 a piece (for 5)..this includes submission.

I have had some people writing "cheaper" ones, but they were horrible. Submission is actually the part which puts me off the most - so i like that i have someone who does all, even if i pay a bit more.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Alexander
    in the past I have paid dollars per article. Now I pay nothing. I wrangle it myself. Its quicker, I get what I want, and it's effectively free. I also know it will be unique.
    Signature
    http://www.contentboss.com - automated article rewriting software gives you unique content at a few CENTS per article!. New - Put text into jetspinner format automatically! http://www.autojetspinner.com

PS my PM system is broken. Sorry I can't help anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449756].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsmpublishing
    Ive never paid for one i prefer to write my own
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[449976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author purplediva
    The most I have evern paid was $12 per article. It as well worth it though as the writers that I worked with knew exactly what I wanted and provided great articles.

Jessica
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author babarapho
    I get my articles at the rate of $1 for 100 words. The writter is a prolific writer. Very good at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
    I usually pay $9 per article..

I have developed a relationship with my writer, she does most of my article content and it is a win-win.

I have paid $30+ though.. for a quality article is well worth paying.

Peace

Jay
    Signature

Bare Murkage.........

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Magic Johnson
    $60 for 6 articles. Long time ago.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author motivated
    I have paid $60 for a article and it was well worth it. It was from Rachel Goodchild and was very professionally written.

However for standard seo articles or site content I generally look to pay around about $6 to writers from various sources - special offers etc. Usually it pays off and I get good usuable articles. Rarely though the writer takes the money and disappears but that's the chance you take!

Chrissie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Spencer
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Guys believe it or not when I was starting out I actually paid $30 per 800 word article. How much do you normally pay them?
    Right now I pay my writers 6$ per article. I do one better for them and provide them some PLR source material to help. That's why I don't pay 10$ b/c they can create articles from the PLR.

I have paid 10$ per article for 7 articles. That is my most and I won't go past that again b/c it's just too much. There are a lot of good writers who will write in bulk for 5-7 per article. Just my experience.

Cheers,

Brad Spencer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[450663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maestro2010
    well the price depends upon the type of the articles and research one needs to do.......not more than 2$ per 500 word........
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451184].message }}
      Originally Posted by maestero2010 View Post

well the price depends upon the type of the articles and research one needs to do.......not more than 2$ per 500 word........
      Do you get quality at that prices?
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Davidgenius
    In addition to writing content myself, I've also bought content from a number of different writers over several years.

The following is MY experience, and is naturally not necessarily representative of every single writer - but trust me, I've bought a number of articles at a range of different prices, and this is what I've discovered.

In my experience, you're NOT going to get quality for less than $5 an article (500 words) no matter where you look. The best you can hope for is poorly written, ungrammatical work, if it's not all duplicate.

I personally wouldn't waste the money again - OK, you might be spending $1 an article, but what's the point? Anyone reading that article will get a terrible impression of your business, it won't convert and unless you have very low standards or enjoy rewriting content, it's a no go.

My advice is DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME looking for bargain basement writers.

At $5-$10, you still need to be very picky. 1 in 8 writers might deliver good stuff, but for the remainder, you could really do better writing on your own and again most (but definitely not all) don't live up to expectations.

The standard response here is 'my time is too valuable to write my own articles'. I fully accept that point, but at the risk of damaging your business with terrible content that's delivered a few weeks behind your deadline, you're better to increase the price you're willing to pay by a few dollars to get infinitely better service and quality OR to simply do it yourself.

If you do find a good writer at $5, treat them well and stock up on your articles - they won't be charging $5 for much longer.

From about $10 onwards, you start to get people who care a little more about why you actually want your articles, and seem to have a better appreciation for what you're looking for. This is an investment in your business - while it's a little more per article, you WILL get your money back.

Deadlines seem to start to actually mean something, and the articles begin to be written for eyeballs, rather than lowest-common denominator stuff you'll get (especially below $5), that's simply insulting to the reader's intelligence.

I say it again - this is only from my experience, and I'm not out to put a downer on anyone that's doing an honest, quality job at $5 or less. But this is my experience, and from what I can gather, this isn't an isolated case.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ellis
    I've paid $50 per article. It depends on the niche. Most of you will gasp at that amount, but I prefer to have articles that people will go out of their way to read, not like 85% of the stuff that's sent to EZA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451497].message }}
      Originally Posted by Michael Ellis View Post

I've paid $50 per article. It depends on the niche. Most of you will gasp at that amount, but I prefer to have articles that people will go out of their way to read, not like 85% of the stuff that's sent to EZA.
      How many words was it? If you don't mind me asking.
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451542].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Ellis
        Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

How many words was it? If you don't mind me asking.
        I purchased 20 for 1k. Each article was 500-700 words. The $50 per article is on the high end. Usually I pay around $20 per 500 word high quality article.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DeePower
      For the writers who are reading this. Don't think you can't get more than $5 for a 500 word article just because most of the warriors are posting they won't pay more. Think about it. If you buy articles and you post that you pay $50 you'll be inundated with writers offering to write for you.

Dee
      Signature
      FREE Pump Up Your Profits With PLR
      Are You a Writer? Then you need this FREE guide Convert Your Words to Ca$H Make Money Writing Online
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jo'El Ravarra II
    $6 per article
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[452197].message }}

Trending Topics