7 replies
I have seen a few thread where people mention that a lot of their business comes from forum marketing. I know that the correct way to do this is to put your links in your signature line. (I learned this the hard way!) Yes, i got banned from a few forums before I figured that out.

What do you folks recommend for the forums that dont enable signatures? Last night, I made a few posts on a sports forum, that doesnt enable signatures. After my comment, I did this sort of thing:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is how i win 90% of my bets (and i would hyperlink my hoplink)

I got banned for using that technique.

Any thoughts?

Matt
#forum #marketing
  • Profile picture of the author ExRat
    Hi,

Try approaching forum marketing by actually offering something of value and actually doing some work/marketing to people rather than just chucking an affiliate link in there, with a made up pitch about using it to win.

What you are doing is probably a lot closer to just spamming, which anyone can do, and it offers no value which is why you keep getting banned. Hope this helps.
    Signature

Roger Davis

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric X Vignola
    yeah dont do that ha ha ha. most of these forums want information related sites not just sales pitches or direct affiliate links. read the TOS very carefully if they say no, then move on to a different forum

if they say yes make sure you post helpful information first, like 50 posts worth before adding a signature (that is not hard 5 posts a day over 10 days this way you dont come across as a spammer)

most of the time you will get banned because you come across like someone who wants to make a quick buck. people dont like that, so you get banned. add content, link to content (that you created that then links to a product)

if you do that you should have less trouble.

if all else fails look into the heavy topics (the ones with the most replies) and look at everyone else s signatures to see what they are doing. follow any links they have to see what kind of sites they go to and mimic those. if you dont see any links in anyone's signatures it probably means they are not allowed.
    Signature

Need Articles, Reports, eBooks, anything?
    Check Out My Ghost Writing Services

PLR articles and reports? Coming Soon...

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erinwrites
    One of the best ways to market your product or services through forums is to simply join forums that have to deal with your service/product's niche or forums that center around topics that you enjoy and start contributing to the conversations. Become a member of the community and let your service/product come up naturally--forcing it by typing it into all of your posts when signatures aren't allowed makes you look like you are just trying to spam the forum, not join it which will cost you more sales than you could gain by simply being a part of a larger conversation.

(or something that means what I just said but is explained better. I'm hungry and can't concentrate )
    Signature
    I put words on the Internet.
    Silly Haikus starting at $5! PM me for details! (Because it's fun)

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451475].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GT
      Hello, Warriors:

I certainly agree with the comments here. I am a huge promoter of the value of forums. One of my marketing mentors coached me early on to look for ways to participate in and contribute to forums. Make "forum marketing" a secondary consideration. Seek first to learn from others, then to share your experiences and insights. Marketing is last on the list.

As has been mentioned, only after you have worked your way into being a recognized and accepted member of the community can you expect the members to truly take an interest in your marketing offers.

GT
      Signature

* You Can Begin Earning Affiliate Income Here – Direct Commissions and Residual Income!
      * Home Business Resources and Affiliate Opportunities
      * Visit This Library to Expand Your Knowledge – Blog Post
      * Reinventing Your Life - Make the Rest of Your Life the BEST of Your Life!
      * Follow Me On Twitter ===> MyPowerSite <===| gtbulmer | StarrBizzcom

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author budgawnings
        Keep in mind that forums are not just opportunities for linking to your business...they are live communities. And if you respect that and become part of the community, then you in turn will get more respect, and possibly business.

I don't think it's a good idea to try to "bypass" the forums that don't allow sigs...just leave them alone. Or if you want to post in them, then contribute, and keep your links in your profile. It's that "I'm gonna beat the system" mentality that is the opposite of "how can I be a contributing member of the community?"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    write reviews on your own blog, so instead of dropping your signature you can always give input to some current subject and kindly refer people to your review of this or that product.

Like "yes, i tested this, you can see my review here".

You can have affiliate links in your review on your own site then.

Forum marketing is something which needs patience, it pays off if you are a long-time member in a forum and built some reputation.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ~kev~
    Originally Posted by madevine View Post

This is how i win 90% of my bets (and i would hyperlink my hoplink)

I got banned for using that technique.

Any thoughts?

Matt
    As a forum owner, I suggest you read the rules before you start spamming. If you have something to offer the forum community, contact the owner of the site and offer him/her a little bribe.

My forum deals with hunting, hiking, camping, shooting sports. Only Premium / VIP members can have signatures. If someone gave me a product to review, I would give them a VIP membership for a little while.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[451690].message }}

Trending Topics