Article Marketing: The Process

18 replies
will someone explain to me Article Marketing for traffic, not as much for seo.

I have an seo guy already performing seo backlinking for me, but i want to start a serious article marketing campaign to bring traffic in from sources other than google (nearly 100% of my daily traffic). i have a product review site directing buyers to Amazon should they so choose.

do you just submit your articles to the big ones: ezinearticles, go articles etc?

are there any tricks to the trade you wouldn't mind sharing with me?

my site is already getting decent traffic to the tune of roughly 75-150 uniques per day depending on the day of the week, but i know it is a bad move relying on google all my traffic.
#article #marketing #process
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Cohen
    EzineArticles, GoArticles, and ArticleBase are my top 3. Article marketing at its core works like this: write articles (unique), post them to your site first (in my opinion), and once indexed, you can put them in to article directories. The way the marketing part takes place is that you include a signature at the bottom with a quick line or two saying, "blah blah, to learn more, visit blahblah.com"... which will then direct interested readers to your "money site". Article syndication allows the article to be posted on many people's sites, and hopefully they won't remove the signature or it won't be of much use to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
    Here's how to make maximum use of article directories:

#1. Publish your unique article on your own website FIRST!

#2. Publish the exact same article, shortened to around 1000 words if needed, on an article directory. You're right, EzineArticles is the one that you want to ALWAYS submit to, and I wouldn't ever do more than 5 or 6 total

Now, at this point you're article is available for webmasters visiting EzineArticles (or whatever article directory) to republish your article on their site or to their Ezines, thus driving THEIR traffic to YOU.

That's what article syndication is all about!

#3. When the article is syndicated to a website, preferably one that's more than just an autoblog, feel free to approach the webmaster and offer them content that isn't available to other webmasters through EZA. Ideally they will be thrilled with your offer and gladly publish your work on their website, driving even MORE TRAFFIC to you.

Pretty simple process =)

Want to get more traffic?

Publish more content! Approach more webmasters!
    Signature
    Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

Check out StephenWaldo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redstanford
      Originally Posted by stephenwaldo View Post

Here's how to make maximum use of article directories:

#1. Publish your unique article on your own website FIRST!

#2. Publish the exact same article, shortened to around 1000 words if needed, on an article directory. You're right, EzineArticles is the one that you want to ALWAYS submit to, and I wouldn't ever do more than 5 or 6 total

Now, at this point you're article is available for webmasters visiting EzineArticles (or whatever article directory) to republish your article on their site or to their Ezines, thus driving THEIR traffic to YOU.

That's what article syndication is all about!

#3. When the article is syndicated to a website, preferably one that's more than just an autoblog, feel free to approach the webmaster and offer them content that isn't available to other webmasters through EZA. Ideally they will be thrilled with your offer and gladly publish your work on their website, driving even MORE TRAFFIC to you.

Pretty simple process =)

Want to get more traffic?

Publish more content! Approach more webmasters!
      is there a way of knowing which, if any other sites post your article on their site?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver Williams
    OK I will give two tricks of the trade.

One, Voice recognition software can speed up your content creation process ten fold.

Two, You can spin one article 100 times and use an article submitter to submit it to 100 different article directories.
    Signature
    Don't believe everything you think
    \\\===========================///
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author veheme
      Originally Posted by Mrexclusive View Post

One, Voice recognition software can speed up your content creation process ten fold.

Two, You can spin one article 100 times and use an article submitter to submit it to 100 different article directories.
      I agree with two. This can save you heaps of time and money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674482].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ord Allenbea
        How is it that spinning junk articles into garbage save you time and money ? Please enlighten me on how this actually saves you anything. Mass submitting to content farms does more damage than good, junking up the internet with 100 articles that all read the same does more harm than good.

Originally Posted by veheme View Post

I agree with two. This can save you heaps of time and money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675976].message }}
      Originally Posted by Mrexclusive View Post

i've been doing this stuff, IM'ing for Amazon for over a year now, and i have never heard of submission software (at least i didn't pay attention).

is it reliable? can you recommend a good one?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James2Dylan
    This is all some very good information. I actually learned a lot from reading through this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
      Originally Posted by redstanford View Post

will someone explain to me Article Marketing for traffic, not as much for seo.

I have an seo guy already performing seo backlinking for me, but i want to start a serious article marketing campaign to bring traffic in from sources other than google (nearly 100% of my daily traffic). i have a product review site directing buyers to Amazon should they so choose.

do you just submit your articles to the big ones: ezinearticles, go articles etc?

are there any tricks to the trade you wouldn't mind sharing with me?

my site is already getting decent traffic to the tune of roughly 75-150 uniques per day depending on the day of the week, but i know it is a bad move relying on google all my traffic.
      Use the search function here in the Warrior Forum, please.

Originally Posted by resellcells View Post

EzineArticles, GoArticles, and ArticleBase are my top 3. Article marketing at its core works like this: write articles (unique), post them to your site first (in my opinion), and once indexed, you can put them in to article directories. The way the marketing part takes place is that you include a signature at the bottom with a quick line or two saying, "blah blah, to learn more, visit blahblah.com"... which will then direct interested readers to your "money site". Article syndication allows the article to be posted on many people's sites, and hopefully they won't remove the signature or it won't be of much use to you.
      "Hope is not a strategy."
      --Richard Rahl

is there a way of knowing which, if any other sites post your article on their site?
      Google.

i've been doing this stuff, IM'ing for Amazon for over a year now, and i have never heard of submission software (at least i didn't pay attention).

is it reliable? can you recommend a good one?
      Yourself.

...Still reading this? Didn't go use the search feature on your own?
      OK, well then start with this thread:

Start Here.
      Signature

The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

...A tachyon enters a bar.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674778].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 7dollarbooks
        There is good information in this thread. I've been doing this for several years and was/is the tactic I used to build up most of my sites. One of my earliest sites now gets over 10k unique visitors most months and it's all organic and mostly from article syndication. It's a lot of hard work and it takes commitment, but that's about all it takes. There are a variety of tools on the market and I've tried a lot of them. Most of them, by the time you figure them out end up not saving a whole lot of time but there are some that certainly help. I don't want to name names here on the forum but basically start with 'known names' in the industry and you'll be on safe ground. The main reason I used article marketing when I started was because I didn't have much (almost nil) cash to invest but one thing I learned very early is that while you can do this on the cheap, it's better to reinvest some of your earnings on paid tools as soon as possible. The return will be exponential.

But like I said, this is good info. Everything you need is right here... add commitment and it'll work.

Just my thoughts...

Joseph
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5674877].message }}
        Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

Use the search function here in the Warrior Forum, please.

"Hope is not a strategy."
        --Richard Rahl

Google.

Yourself.

...Still reading this? Didn't go use the search feature on your own?
        OK, well then start with this thread:

Start Here.
        EDIT: realizing you're probably a mod and I really don't want to be banned for being a smart*ss to you. that said, your response wasn't appreciated on my end
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675259].message }}

you've contributed absolutely nothing to this thread. if this thread bothers you, why don't you use the search option and search for something more interesting?

You have been in this forum for longer than I have, so forgive me if I find it difficult to imagine that you have missed the fact that this subject has been discussed again and again and again already?

I reiterate:

You will find that "Start Here" post to be among the most useful contributions on the Warrior Forum.
          Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675307].message }}

You have been in this forum for longer than I have, so forgive me if I find it difficult to imagine that you have missed the fact that this subject has been discussed again and again and again already?
            yea you're right. however most article threads seem to based around the seo benefit of articles, not traffic. i wanted to specifically find out info for just the realm.

again in hindsight, sure i should've performed a search but it seems like others have benefited as much as me from this thread.

i apologize for adding value to someone's night. i will correct myself
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675331].message }}

yea you're right. however most article threads seem to based around the seo benefit of articles, not traffic. i wanted to specifically find out info for just the realm.

again in hindsight, sure i should've performed a search but it seems like others have benefited as much as me from this thread.
              I really don't know how you could have missed all of the many, many threads over the last year explaining the reality of articles used for SEO purposes, and how to bypass SEO and use articles for traffic?

But sure, I will take your word for it.

i apologize for adding value to someone's night. i will correct myself

LOL yeah okay.

:rolleyes:
              Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675407].message }}

EDIT: realizing you're probably a mod and I really don't want to be banned for being a smart*ss to you. that said, your response wasn't appreciated on my end

Everyone is a "mod"
          Nobody is going to ban you for being a smart-ass, in most cases...
          You might notice that most people here are sarcastic at one point or another.
          (For example, my own first post in this thread.)

Allow me to explain my first post a little.
          I suggested that you use the search function
          1. Because most people need to use it far more often
          2. Because this particular subject has tons of great info that is easily found with a search

I posted my favorite quote about "hope" because
          1. Do you want to build your business on "hopefully"?
          2. Depending on article directories alone is simply not going to get you the kind of results you want
          3. The quote is cool.

I suggested Google for finding your content after it is syndicated because
          1. It works
          2. Everyone knows how to use Google.
          3. You will probably stumble upon Copyscape at some point

Perhaps the most important part of the post, I suggested that you
          learn to submit articles Yourself. The real key to making money
          with articles is to build a network of outlets who are happy to
          syndicate your work... That means developing at least a basic
          relationship of credibility with people who are looking for quality
          writing for their sites, ezines, and magazines, etc.

...Of course, you could take the advice of so many others who
          only advice you to post your articles in directories. Let me know
          how that works out for you, okay?

I'll try it just one more time... If you want to do it right,
          and you want to actually make money:

This is the place you want to start!
          Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author supershoesclub
    For me, i do post unique and quality content to my blog site firstly, when i blog post is indexed by google, i will post the article to top article directories, like articlebase,goarticle etc.only several ones,not too much is enough.If someone is interested in the post,they will repunish it to their own blog site with a backlink to my site.I think it is best way to get quality backlink and target traffic. You can search the signature box content in google to check which one is linked to you.it is just a easy way.But not too exact.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675262].message }}
    thanks for the link to AS's post. i appreciate it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sizzlemediauk
    Hey,

You need to submit well researched and uniquely framed article with catchy titles that would attract users and reader and must have points or line to retain them till completion. Try to bookmark each of your article URL to top bookmarking sites along with that share it in social medias with links posting in several locations/groups and pages separately apart from your profile. Ask them to subscribe and explain what they will get if subscribed/followed and how will it help them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5675905].message }}

Trending Topics