Hello everyone (+ question about b2b sales)

2 replies
Hi everyone,

First of all, this is my first time posting on WarriorForum so I thought I'd say a quick hello This is a great place to come and read, and hopefully it will be a great place to come and post too.

I wouldn't describe myself as a professional internet marketer (yet). At the minute I mostly write content for SEO campaigns, but I'm hoping to diversify and move into other areas of internet marketing sometime soon.

Anyway, before I bore you all to tears, I have a question about how to approach generating sales for a B2B SEO service. One of the SMEs I write content for on a regular basis is offering a 10% recurring commission on sales of its mid-range SEO service priced at around £1500 per month. I really believe in the company and the service they are offering, so selling it sounds like a great way to earn some cash - but the question is, where would I start? The main tools at my disposal are some copywriting skills (nothing to write home about yet but I've read my Andy Maslen) and a strong understanding of how SEO works.

I'm sure this is an ignorant question so please don't toast me - I'm asking humbly for a little pointer in the right direction. The website for this company generates some sales as it stands, but they want someone to take a more active role in growing their client base.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
#b2b #newbie #question #sales
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    One of the SMEs I write content for on a regular basis is offering a 10% recurring commission on sales of its mid-range SEO service priced at around £1500 per month
    Is this in place as an affiliate program?

You can start up your own website where you discuss the topic and recommend the service.

Oh, welcome to the forum.
    Signature

"May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5677244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carlton Johnson
    Hi and welcome,

I don't really do any b2b stuff at the moment.

But as you probably already know, the SEO world is quite saturated.

In your position I would probably focus on creating some websites that target local business's in need of SEO.

You can probably find some city's with low competition for SEO type terms.

It doesn't necessarily matter if this SEO Company is local to them.

Hope I understood your question okay and that what I have said helps to some degree.

There are many helpful threads and information on here about how to market to local businesses, it is probably one of the hottest topics on this forum (it is just not something that I personal do, at the moment).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5677287].message }}

Trending Topics