A Question for SEO Experts Regarding PR for Back-Links

11 replies
As all of you are aware, except for some of us newbie's, me included, when you get a back-link there are actually two PR involved with each link.

A PR for the home page of the web site, and one PR for the page the back-link is actually placed on.

Although, I am aware that only an engineer involved with Google's algorithms could possess the exact correct answer.

I was wondering if anybody knew the importance Google and/or the other major search engines place on the PR of the homepage and the PR of the page where the back-link is actually placed?

It other words, are you given credit for a back-link if the home page has a PR4, but the page the back-link was placed on has a PR0?
#backlinks #experts #question #seo
  • Profile picture of the author cindym
    The PR dripped on to your site comes from the 'page' it's placed on...not the homepage itself.

Angela Edwards is a warrior here that has some great reports on backlinks and where to get some decent backlinks...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[504875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RGallowitz
    PR flows through links. Now if you get a backlink from a website that has a homepage PR of 6, but your backlink is placed on a page with PR1, you will get the pagerank from the PR1 page.

HOWEVER, the higher the PR of the homepage site, the more authority that domain has which means the link is regarded as a higher quality link even though it's PR is 1. Authority and relevance plays a key role.

PR is not that important anymore...relevance is. There are thousands of sites that outrank others for keyterms and they have PR0 domains and pages.

Regards,
    Reinhardt
    Signature
    Make INSANE money by promoting PHYSICAL affiliate products.
    The one and only "GALLO Affiliate System" -
    >> Click Here! <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[504890].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
      Banned
      Originally Posted by RGallowitz View Post

HOWEVER, the higher the PR of the homepage site, the more authority that domain has which means the link is regarded as a higher quality link even though it's PR is 1. Authority and relevance plays a key role.
      What if the homepage has a PR 1, but an interior page has a PR 6? Does that domain still have more authority?

PR is not that important anymore...relevance is. There are thousands of sites that outrank others for keyterms and they have PR0 domains and pages.

Regards,
      Reinhardt
      Google doesn't have a cow over the selling of PR because PR isn't important anymore. Just something to keep in mind.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[505168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    There's a reason why it's called "Page Rank" and not "Site Rank".

However, PageRank is one of about 200 things Google claims it uses in the algo. I suggest you spend equal time on the other 199 things.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[505111].message }}
    Well, you'll hardly get an internal page with a PR6. But Google looks at a website's overall authority. Usually the root domain's PR is an indicator. If a webmaster is using nofollow links to block PR leaks to his root domain just to exponentially increase one inner page's PR then he is going to force Google to devalue the page because it's simply not natural.
    Signature
    >> Click Here! <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[505203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billaaa777
    There's a reason why it's called "Page Rank" and not "Site Rank".

However, PageRank is one of about 200 things Google claims it uses in the algo. I suggest you spend equal time on the other 199 things.
    Thanks for your answer. Your are truly a scholar and gentleman and it is easy to determine you also possess a great deal of class.
    Signature
    Acid Reflux Diet - A GREAT product, mega-huge market, poor to no competition, low cost PPC words.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[505421].message }}
    Kurt, I don't think he intended to insult you. If you re-read it you'll see he basically said thank you and he thinks you are a cool guy. The guy is brand new here so that's why he tried to suck up to you. Be nice man.
    Signature
    >> Click Here! <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507041].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kurt
      Originally Posted by RGallowitz View Post

Kurt, I don't think he intended to insult you. If you re-read it you'll see he basically said thank you and he thinks you are a cool guy. The guy is brand new here so that's why he tried to suck up to you. Be nice man.

If so, then I apologize...However, I'm not the only one to interpret his post the same way...See Shaun's response right before mine.

Either way, I was being nice by responding to his question in the first place.
      Signature
      Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
      Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507127].message }}

Trending Topics