Worried about orders from Eastern Europe

by DavidO
4 replies
I've had a flurry of orders, all downloads, from several Eastern European countries. On one hand, I welcome this and I'm not suspicious by nature. The orders are paid for properly through Paypal.

But the most recent one has me a little worried. First, I noticed that the address is bogus, made to look like an address in Germany but I know Germany and a websearch confirmed that it's fake.

Okay, nothing wrong with using a fake address for a download registration. I think I've done it at one time or another. But then my thank you email has come back undelivered with some data that could indicate that it's a spam address (I think so anyway, I don't understand all the report):

MIME-version: 1.0
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Boundary_(ID_2Uz/vAnC4w4oafKxjXltbg)"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-priority: Normal
X-Spam-Score: 4.635
(ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT,FORGED_MUA_OUTLOOK,HTML_MESSAG E,HTML_TAG_EXIST_TBODY)
X-Spam-Level: !!!!
X-j-chkmail-Score: MSGID : 49928BB8.000 on sas2 : j-chkmail score :
XXXXXXXXXXXXX : 115/100 2 0.000 -> 13
References: <XXXXXXXXX.XXXXX@paypal.com>

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: xxxxxxxxx@accenture.com
Original address: xxxxxxxxxx@stonline.sk
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Service unavailable; Client host [213.81.152.26] blocked using 88.blacklist.zap; Mail From IP Banned To request removal from this list please forward this message to delist@frontbridge.com
Remote system: dns;mail.global.frontbridge.com (TCP|192.168.204.64|50321|216.32.180.22|25) (mail145-va3.bigfish.com ESMTP Postfix EGGS and Butter)

Can anybody tell me what this says? Is it my email being blocked as spam? Or is there something bogus about the recipient email?

The reason I'm worried is because I've had my product cloned recently. In fact, I investigated an earlier customer from the same area and found that the person is also an IMer (not a warrior, so far as I know) in the same niche as mine.

I suppose there's no way you can protect yourself from this other than taking action once you've discovered a problem.
#eastern #europe #orders #worried
  • Profile picture of the author artwebster
    Accenture is a huge, multinational business development and advisory company and I would say that their spam filters are working well.

If you have been paid, maybe you should let PayPal know about this so that they will be prepared to refuse a refund.
    Signature

You might not like what I say - but I believe it.
    Build it, make money, then build some more
    Some old school smarts would help - and here's to Rob Toth for his help. Bloody good stuff, even the freebies!

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Jock
    Originally Posted by DavidO View Post

Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Service unavailable; Client host [213.81.152.26] blocked using 88.blacklist.zap; Mail From IP Banned To request removal from this list please forward this message to delist@frontbridge.com
    Remote system: dns;mail.global.frontbridge.com (TCP|192.168.204.64|50321|216.32.180.22|25) (mail145-va3.bigfish.com ESMTP Postfix EGGS and Butter)

Can anybody tell me what this says? Is it my email being blocked as spam? Or is there something bogus about the recipient email?
    I wouldn't hurry like that blaming customers and even countries

If you check the IP 213.81.152.26 and then Google for 88.blacklist.zap then you find out that ...

1) The banned IP is 213.81.152.26 that belongs to an ISP: Slovak Telecom. This ISP is owned by Deutsche Telekom, Slovakia's Ministry of Transport, Posts and Telecommunications, and the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic. If you move to Slovakia, you have big chances to get Internet access from this company. But I don't think you'll become a spammer or a customer who is not serious only for the simple fact that you moved in that country and got internet access from that company.

2) Many people received a message like you did. Very few understood it because it is quite weird, its English is poor and the blacklist 88.blacklist.zap cannot be found online.

3) This blacklist is a private blacklist. For more information read this blog post: Frontbridge's 88.blacklist.zap and especially the second comment posted by the inventor of that blacklist (Terry Zink).

I honestly think that you should save your energy for more important things and move further
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidO
    Thanks for your explanation, Adrian. You have to admit that the message could be alarming, especially if you don't understand all the coded terms. Like I said, I'm not naturally suspicious and I welcome the exposure in new countries. But having had a confirmed cloning from the same region recently my defenses are up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506984].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian Jock
      You're welcome, David. Indeed that message is not very usual. Reading only the error message (without reading your comments), someone may think that you're from Slovakia (because usually a message comes back undelivered when sender's IP is blacklisted or when there is something wrong at sender's end)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[507006].message }}

Trending Topics