Email Unsubscribe Percentage?

1 replies
Hi,

I was wondering what is your unsubscribe percentage each time you send a "selling email".

I sometimes get around 15 or so unsubscribed from a list of 5000 names...and I think it's too low.

Even 2% is only 100.

I remember, Frank Kern talking about his dog business and how he got around 1000 signups a day...

I assume there has to be a huge number of unsubscribes, otherwise within a month he would have around 30,000 emails.

Also, the theory of, if you're not getting complaints, you're not pushing hard enough.

All comments appreciated
#email #percentage #unsubscribe
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Jock
    Is not that easy to work out a theory valid for all mailing lists because not all marketers use the same tactics.

For example, if you send valuable content and only from time to time you send a "selling email", why should you expect many unsubscribes? If not interested by your selling email, many subscribers will just delete it and expect for more valuable content in the next mailings.

Or another example, if your list is stale why should you expect many unsubscribes from people who are not reading anyway what you send?

Another example, many marketers send only promo emails. They may get many unsubscribe requests but move futher keep doing what they're doing (see this new thread => http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...subscribe.html).

And so on ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506962].message }}

Trending Topics