On going recession so what?

17 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I am writting this post to ask fellow forumites what the solution is for recent victims of the ongoing world economy downturn.
Some of us may not have lost our jobs and money cos of whats going on( job cuts,inflation and all),but is there someway laid-off people can quickly start up something to keep boy and soul together and not resort to begging on the street.

Any REAL incomes generating oppurtunities that can help relief the jobless.The figures keep increasing daily as i watch on CNN that's all i keep hearing from u.s to china,to africa.
What do u make of all these happenings?
#recession
  • Profile picture of the author patfl
    Hi nasstar,

first, stop to watch TV, media make money with advertisement, which needs viewers so it's in their best interest to show to situation worse than it is in reality.

And it has a bad effect on the brain and energy...

There are tons of opportunities, crisis or not, but for sure, during a crisis you can make money by showing to people how to save money, or how to make more.

The former is probably less competitive though...

Patrice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[524479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nasstar
    Thanks for your reply patrice,Well dont watch that much of tv just few times i do , thats all i get to hear these days.
    As for showing poeple how to make or save money.I realise from my experience that people a lot of them, dont even know a good oppurtunity even if it poked them in the eye, and they would rather have u give them everything FREE with envesting a little not even their energy.But they keep complaining that the are broke, dont have a job and all that.
    I dont work for anyone and i dont go round begging for money cos like u rightly pointed out there are tons of opportunities especially in this kinda times.thanks again.
    nasstar.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[524522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john.smit00
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[524551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seantanmarketing
      To make some quick money, you can provide services like copywriting, design graphics, proofreading, tuition and many more.

Other than that, you can go with Google adsense, Google adwords, selling digital product online but these are require start up cost and time.

If you know how to write salesletter or design graphic, you can ask anyone in the forum if they need your service. Promote your service in the forum is the best and free method to get more sales instead of advertise in Google adwords.

I hope this help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[524977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author josegil
        I think the recession is a short term issue that will pass. But you must remember that no matter the economic climate or the personal financial situation of individuals they will always find the money to spend on things they WANT.

Look at the price of cigarettes and the people how smoke them. They probably can't afford them but they still buy them. Just remember that. Good luck.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[527840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alshir827
    There are no positive news from the media everyday ... for those jobless please keep your mind positive. Up and down of the economy is natural cyclic phenomena, average about 7 years apart.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[529588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author straub1
    You become what you focus on. Start to focus on positives and shut off the negatives and your life will transcend.
    Signature
    Scott Traub
    "Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
    www.Leverage4Ever.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[540632].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Murphy
      As a victim of the current economic turndown, I can honestly say that your mindset will have a MAJOR impact on how you make it through these times.

I lost my job about a month ago, spent a week in the dumps and hating everything, went on vacation for a week (it was pre-paid and couldn't get a refund) and while gone, wife and I decided to ramp up her business and have me concentrate on being Mr. Mom for now.

I've stopped being so negative and embraced the many skills that I do have and we're slowing building back up.

With the negative mindset, the world was against me and I had nothing to offer anyone.

When I gave it some actual honest thought, I realized I have accumulated a large base of skill sand knowledge that I should be proud of. You can see my list of services in my signature.

I agree...TV & Media....no thanks (unless it's to see where people ARE spending money :-)

Good fortune to everyone...go make it happen!

Mike
      Signature
      Guitar PLR - New MONSTER Guitar Video PLR Pack![LIMITED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[540739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AMnotaguru
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[544866].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SweetPea
      Stand Strong! Think positive, we're all IN this together!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[545228].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IdeaSponge
        I get in the same ruts from time to time. I listen to decent dose of - what some might call - conspiracy media. Is it an energy killer? At first maybe and if you don't keep it in perspective - it has its place. It has its benefits though. Awareness is one of them. I don't want to keep my head in the sand. Opportunity is another. Caring about what is going on around us can ignite passion - and we all know how powerful that can be - and it can open new doors.

This is the way I look at it. Some of the wealthiest people and the biggest brands on the planet made their money during the great depression. I think if you focus on how you can contribute, how you can keep your mind open and how you can get better it will work itself out.

Don't forget how the law of attraction works. Nothing will change for the better if we are alway worried and living in fear.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[545284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sladezer0
    Check out the link to a company called ASP in my signature for a genuine work from home opportunity. My wife and I were looking around for true work from home opportunities to bring in extra income and we stumbled onto ASP.

Definitely something to look into, won't make you millions - but could help bring in an extra few hundred a week.
    Signature
    Download the Hottest Ebooks & Software on the Net! | www.ebookfreek.com

~ The only regrets in life arise from the risks you never took ... Jason Aurelius Sawicki
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[553849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KimW
      Originally Posted by sladezer0 View Post

Check out the link to a company called ASP in my signature for a genuine work from home opportunity. My wife and I were looking around for true work from home opportunities to bring in extra income and we stumbled onto ASP.

Definitely something to look into, won't make you millions - but could help bring in an extra few hundred a week.

No offense, but you need to learn the rules.
      No links in sig unless they are your own site.
      Signature

Read A Post.
      Subscribe to a Newsletter
      KimWinfrey.Com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[554931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sam Mlambo
    Stay Postive!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[554064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sladezer0
    Hi Kim,
    I definitely want to be in compliance with forum rules. All links in my signature are links to my own url. ASP creates custom landing pages for their employees to promote and that is what I have used in the link as well when referring to this job opportunity.
    Signature
    Download the Hottest Ebooks & Software on the Net! | www.ebookfreek.com

~ The only regrets in life arise from the risks you never took ... Jason Aurelius Sawicki
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[555277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    I have to agree with Ideasponge - hiding from what is going on is not a positive thing just because what's going on is negative. Somewhere in all that "the secret" mumbo jumbo people got the damned Idea that HIDING from the negative is a positive thing.
    HIDING is not positive.

You absolutely have to know what is going on around you and by getting a dose of both the conspiracy news and the corporate owned TV and newspapers you can suss out what the real situation is looking like. How can you expect to excel in a situation if you have absolutely no knowledge of what the situation is? You can't hide -- you just can't become overly afraid and you can't focus on the problem - you still have to see and know what the problem is. DUH. How do you prepare if you don't know what is going on?

Ignoring what the planet is doing is NOT freakin' LOA - it's ignorance. Being stifled by fear of what is going on is NOT LOA either. Get a balance people.

Bad side: there are a billion people starving worldwide now and the economy is not going to just turn around and bounce back overnight. America is boiling with political unrest (just had one state - NH - file a secession resolution).

What you are going to see is anything from starvation, to political uprisings in the real world. Online you are going to see the biggest proliferation of scamming, shamming, and hacking you could have ever thought would exist.

On the Good side -- -people can get as wealthy during these times as they can get broke. My grandfather made his fortune during the Great Depression.

Watch the times: Know what is going on around you at all times.
    Keep courage and fortitude, even if the walls are caving around you. In the words of a very great man "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself."
    Avoid anything with a fast riches promise. There will be masses of these and if you get scared and lose touch, you can get desperate enough to get taken. Greed will not pay off in the long run. It never does, and it won't in hard times.

No matter WHAT is going on - focus on your work. That is the positive to focus on. Watch the car crash but turn back to your project. All negative around you should be treated as a neutral -- this is THE WAY IT IS - so this is what I need to do. If you can't get your head around that, then run and hide some more because that might be your last hope.

It is not the act of knowing Negative that brings you down -- It is the fear of the negative and your response to it and the desperation that hard times trigger that will bring you down.
    Stay steady - work as if nothing unusual is going on - be sharp, watch opportunities but stay honest and keep your focus clear. Watch for strife and prepare so it won't effect you. If you have a boat, the flood isn't as dangerous, get it?
    Signature

Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[555662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aardanyul
    hiding wont work,theres nowhere to hide. Theres tons of money online, you just gotta work hard and find it.
    Signature

“You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.” Ruth E. Renkl

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[620000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sundown16
    First of all, Stop listening to the media! There out to scare us into submission.
    There is no better time for making money on-line then now!
    The opportunities, the resourses and training. It's awesome!
    Stay positive, Work hard and NEVER give-up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[626512].message }}

Trending Topics