by Volux
21 replies
Hey guys, I am Joe, and a new War Room member here.

I was intrigued by all of these success stories, so I say, hell why not join the war room, maybe i'll get lucky and start that online business I've always wanted to have.

I stumbled across this free WSO in the War Room that showed how to create niche sites and optimize it for SEO. I've always known about the strategy, but never knew anything or much about SEO at all until this guide. These videos that the guy provided are priceless and I REALLY think they are are going to get my niche site to the top of the search engine.

Anyways, I started it a few days ago and it's still yet to get into Google throughout the full 45 pages that my keyword could be on. Is this natural? How long should it take if I continue to submit my site to social bookmarks, backlink those bookmarks, and drip ALL of those in RSS feeds, to appear on Google?

------------------

And my second concern.

I've read countless eBooks telling me that affiliate marketing is where the money is at. That's where all of the so-called "gurus" are making their tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars at.

Hell, I believe them on that one. It definitely sounds like something that is vital in making money online.

But the thing is..I don't know where to start. All of the affiliate eBooks say the same thing in different ways. Set up a site, use Amazon Associates, and make money.

But how? How do I get people to even consider to buy products? How do I even get that traffic to my websites...the same way I am trying to do so with my niche doing the same SEO tactics?

And who would buy any product from a pop-up? Every pop-up I see, I instantly close out of. Any "OH WAIT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE PAGE" pop-up I see, once again, I instantly close out of.

I realize no one is willing to share their secrets, as I wouldn't share mine either. I'm just wondering if anyone can provide me to a free WSO or cheap WSO, or even give a few pointers on where to get started for this *UNLESS you think sticking with my niche site right now is the way to go*.

I don't have a huge budget if that's what this takes as well. Until I get my niche site in the top of Google for my keyword, I won't have much to spend on this stuff.

Thanks ahead of time for all who contribute to a tip or two, or whatever else you deem necessary.
#advice
  • Profile picture of the author Melvin San Miguel
    Hi Joe,
    Sounds like your going through a bit of information overload, I too was overwhelmed by the all the stories and all the buzz going on and its so easy to get caught up in it all.
    My simple advice is first, plan your goals, how much do you want to earn? and why? and by when? then spend time learning the basics of IM, and ask questions about anything and everything, you might consider finding a 'Mentor' who u can trust and learn from... then once all the foundations are layed and you know exactly what to do... DO IT!

Good luck
    Signature

FREE Make Money Every 30 Mins VIDEO Series.... http://turbocashflow.net/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6601500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webxile
    Yes mr. Melvin is right. Sometimes we thing of the business and are over confident of running the business and defeating the competitor. But when we actually start the business we find things happening other way round. The best thing is to plan the business, Do your homework, Analyse the problems and solutions, and then start working on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6601533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author braincandy7
    Great content helps but if you are using amazon as your source of affiliate income just remember all you need to do is get people to amazon. It's a name people trust and amazon is very good at selling. one of the best ways to do this is to make sure that the keyword you are targeting is a buying keyword, meaning when people search for this keyword you know that they have already done their research and know what they want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6601941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joven
    Hello Volux,

Regardless of what business you choose, or affiliate marketing, I think the best way to go is to build your own list of people to whom you will offer quality products. This is what I am doing. About 2 months ago, I started using JV Giveaways and I am building my list. I am so happy to see people are joing my list. I figure that after I reach at least 100 I could refer them to 2 businesses I am in. And why not refer them also to Warrior Forum for ideas. For the JV Giveways to work you need a few websites, I have started with 2 and I am getting people to sign up via my opt in form. My friend created 10 websites and each website was for a different "free" ebook she gave away. She ended with 1,000 people in her lists. I stop here. I just wanted to share with you a traffic tecnique.

Have a great day!

Joven
    Signature

Weight Loss program from the #1 nutritional company in the United States.

http://everardo.myshaklee.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6605429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rising_sun
    Banned
    Hello Mr.guru ,CONGRATULATION advance .Now just prove your self ,that you are the guru.
    I would like to talk about your 2nd concern ,just gather experience from every corner of internet marketing ,try to provide your knowledge to gather experience.Remember experience is everything here,without proper experience all your knowledge may be wasted or inactive.

Carry on ,be smart in your work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6607415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garrycodman
    Originally Posted by Volux View Post

But how? How do I get people to even consider to buy products? How do I even get that traffic to my websites...the same way I am trying to do so with my niche doing the same SEO tactics?
    In my opinion, there 's a much bigger picture that comes to making money online - than all the ebooks say .. for ex. make site , become amazon associate, make money ..

the main thing is - you need to learn how to sell ... you also need to improve your sales skills ... the way people are making money online, is getting the right traffic and presenting them with the right offer ... and making sales online ... so when you make your site .. you need to write in a way that can convince people to buy .. you may want to work on copywriting skills ... for your blog or article marketing ..etc. .. everyone has a way of buying .. if you observe, you have closed a lot of windows and popus on other sites, but you definitely purchased the warrior forum subscription .. because you saw value in it .. if you get the right traffic .. give them the right value .. you can probably make sales ..

there are also lots of ways to generate traffic too .. for ex article marketing, seo, paid ads .. etc.

in the end .. keep your mind open .. keep observing ... keep learning .. keep experimenting and keep trying... no matter how much ever information one learns .. it always seems like its not enough ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6609397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Volux
    I want to get started with affiliate marketing. Making money with Amazon Associated.

Can anyone point me to a good WSO for starting out with this? Thnaks.

I know how about SEO, choosing a keyword, and picking a niche, but I am unsure of how to produce "volume" out of all of this, since Amazon has such a low commission.
    Signature

Need a website? Forums? PM for a quote!

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6609614].message }}
      Check my signature for our WSO or add us on skype Volux. We mentor people in your situation. We teach through live 1-1 and lots of pre built training vids to cover many of the more mundane step by step parts.

Regards
      Matt

Originally Posted by Volux View Post

I want to get started with affiliate marketing. Making money with Amazon Associated.

Can anyone point me to a good WSO for starting out with this? Thnaks.

I know how about SEO, choosing a keyword, and picking a niche, but I am unsure of how to produce "volume" out of all of this, since Amazon has such a low commission.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Face Cap
    Sorry my English not too good.

I simply believed that if i could buy Tons of eBooks from people then people also will definitely buy from me if i have a great offer. The truth is, those who mostly buy product are the newbies because they have no experience, So they are easily carried away. Before they realized that they were actually doing something wrong, they might have purchase about 10 eBooks before they finally find them self on the right track. Just like we have new born babies on a daily basis, the same way there Newbis who are anxious and want to make money online on a daily basis.

The second thing is that people are now contentious about Word Like '' Make 100 Dollars daily" it Amused me any time i see something of such.(again such word are for newbies not for Gurus who had known in and out of IM. There are thousands of eBooks(on marketing niche other than the one with the topic “Make money quick" which people seems to be skeptical about. Instead people prefer something which they will gain knowledge, e.g. Discover how to Cook American Food, Then have a domain(exact Match Domain) ,Make it search engine friendly, Keep promoting, you will definitely make $$ .

If you are selling anything on marketing related niche e.g. "Learn About List Building" you can easily promote such niche in marketing related forums like Forums.digitalpoint.com , warrior forum.com,webcosmoforums.com and tycoontalk.freelancer.com ..
    Now let me tell you why i like
    tycoontalk.freelancer as my favorite, If have have noticed, if you reply to thread that already have 50 replies ,the probability that people will see your reply is slim as people usually browsing through the comment on the first pages and then closed the thread. How many people will keep clicking Next, Next and Next till the last page to read the latest comment you have made, and probably you want them to see you signature ads.

Now, Tycoontalk, Updated your comment at the top post which is the best i ever see, This means that even if the thread already have 200 replied, your comment will be at top most and got instant viewers.

The above forums are basically what i sticked on to market my eBooks and im glad for emails i received from people asking me they want to order every day.

Another point i want to stress out is as a starter, some people think they could fool people and made a big mistake of selling product like...Make 100 dollars daily, i made that mistake too at the beginning immediately i got a reply asking me to send payment prove. Then i was knocked out on the first round of Internet Battle for survival. So don’t sell something that people will ask for prove. Believe me if you sell something like. "How to do Face book Marketing" There are people who really need to know about Face book Marketing. This type of information product does not require prove

If I had the opportunity of using PayPal as a means of receiving payment, i think IM would be my major sources of income, I’m from a Country which PayPal is not allowed, still I’m glad for my achievement

Im sorry my English not too fluently
    Signature
    $100 Premium Course Leaked: The smartest strategy to get consistent job offers as a Freelance Web Developers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6616875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakebvs85
    I would advice you to start with one site. and make your own blueprint. You will learn things little by little from there and apply it to your next site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6621096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author giuseph90
      Well my advice is that you get to do one of those tactics that you've been seeing whenever you check SEO lessons in the internet.

Take a leap of faith is what they say.

I always read a lot of people talking about odesk before and how they earned money from there.

I've read tons of articles about it and ask the same things on how to do it.

I got tired of it and so I just tried signing up and did whatever I think would work until a time came that one of those things did work.

Then I got a hold of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6629170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author murphyslaw
    Most of the stuff you learn won't matter unless you apply it. You have an opportunity to pick and choose what will work for you. It will take a bit of trial and error, but then there really is no such thing as a free lunch. Once you see what works, then you can apply that to your next project.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6632291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johantheo88
    Could anyone advice me someplace on internet where i can sell my articles ?
    Signature
    Please stop posting your links in your posts. Self-promotion should be restricted to your signature.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634389].message }}
    Anywhere that people who make websites hang out like this forum.

Freelancer
    Odesk
    Elance

Fiverr
    Zeerk
    Goferr
    Minijobz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6634403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garrycodman
    @Volux:

You can check out Sara Young's Easy Paycheck Formula - its a great course to help you with making money using Amazon .. easypaycheckformula.com
    Sara teaches really well ..

Hope this helps ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6640352].message }}
    I have just added a free downloadable pdf to my signature (no opt in) which can help you make money within 24 hours with no investment needed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6641550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author computertips55
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6644174].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mumu11
      Is this natural? How long should it take if I continue to submit my site to social bookmarks, backlink those bookmarks, and drip ALL of those in RSS feeds, to appear on Google?

It is hard to answer your question on this, you need to consider your keyword competition.

The easy way you can use Seoquake and check the Pagerank (PR) every website in first page of google.

If you can see some or more PR 0,1,2,3 website in first page of google, so looks like you can easily rank for your website fast

If you see to many PR 4 and above, I'm sure you need a lot of work to do to Rank your website or get your new site with Low Competition keyword and it will save your time and money
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6656080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jobykjoseph10
    Just start one by one...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6677101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author easternodyssey
    Start with one site and go from there. Its not as easy as what it sounds, takes a lot of work and can always end in disaster. Four months down the line, through hard work i am still not making money. Constructing the idea take a good month, web design a good month and a half and a month and a half for seo and markating and even then you may not be there. For me its a little harder as i have a niche site. However, to be successful takes a long time in work and dedication.
    Signature
    Eastern Odyssey | The Definitive Guide to Asia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6677849].message }}
    I can teach you Manihar234. If you are interested let me know. As you cannot pm you can get me on email: braincandy7@gmail.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6818710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billy3668
    hey guys,
    im a struggling newbie big time i recently grabbed a coaching program that gave me ready made niche sites with articles,opt-ins/everything i need to get on my auto responder i know the list+traffic is key im not in so much of a rush to start seeing my clickbank account leave zero however its been 2 years yeah i got caught up in software grabs thinking ill be a success overnite well happy to say i lost that mind set now i just want to get content over to my auto responder dont have a clue any suggestions the content i have is in zip files that need to go to aweber so if any one is feeling charitable with a step by step process you would be doing me a great service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6827077].message }}

Trending Topics