TOP 7 Website Traffic Strategies that Really Works

26 replies
You are having your own website or blog and what is the biggest problem you are facing with it? Yes, website traffic…

Without traffic your website is completely useless. I don’t remember who, but somebody has said once – traffic is like currency of your web. I think that is absolutely true.

More traffic to your website means more people subscribing to your list, more people are sharing about you on social sites, more products they are buying, more successful you are.

Last few days I spent a lot of my time on Warrior Forum. I saw that for most webmasters the biggest problem they are facing is - where to get website traffic?

I see that it is the main problem, which most of the webmasters are facing, so I decided to create an article with the most successful website traffic strategies. You’ll find here only exact strategies with the answers, what you have to do, to get traffic to your website! And these strategies you can combine with other traffic sources (I mean social sharing sites, blog commenting, etc.).

By the way, most of these strategies helps you to build some great backlinks, so make sure, your website is well optimized for Search Engines.

1. Forum Marketing

It isn’t any secret for many website owners that forum marketing can be a very successful way to get lots of highly targeted traffic.

Forums are just the place, where people gather to discuss about the various topics they are interested in. They are coming here with the hope to earn social respect, to get the answer or just to improve any of their skills. here’s why it can be a massive traffic opportunity…

Forum visitors are interested in self-education and connecting with like-minded people. They’ve already sampled some of your writing, since they followed a link associated with something you said in the forum. And by clicking on that link, these visitors are saying, “tell me more!”
Even if it seems impossible to drive forum traffic to your site, you should participate. Forums are a great place to learn about the topics that interest you, and you can also use them to build networks of contacts – professional and personal.

1.1 Signature Links

Just set up an enticing forum signature and take a part of the forum community. With participating in forum discussions try to give as much value to forum readers as you can. You’ll be impressed how many visitors you can get only from your signature link and with only giving the right answers away to forum readers.
In my practice one forum can send you from few hundreds up to few thousand visitors a month. Of course it all depends on how big forum community is and how much you are involving yourself in it.
I would recommend you to start with the TOP 3 forums within your industry. Try to reach the biggest communities with the most activity.
Despite the fact, this tip is always discussed as one of the best highly targeted traffic method I’m still surprised how little people really take advantage of this.

1.2 Link Bait

I would additionally recommend you not only use your signature links, but sometimes, even, insert a link to some of your posts, as an extra source of information. This can increase the number of visitors to your site incredibly.
Of course, don’t make it look spammy. No one likes this type of “advertising”, so you should provide only valuable information. And the link to your website should be just as extra information.

1.3 Article Marketing

There isn’t better way to build social respect than by giving away your best information. And the easiest way to get noticed in forums is by writing your own articles and mini tutorials with lots of great information.
You can write awesome blog posts on your blog, but you’ll still need to do something that someone would read it, I mean get traffic (if you haven’t much, yet).
But in forums there are already thousand of readers, who are just waiting for something awesome coming to read. Here is, where you should come into.
Think about it. Why you are sitting in some type of forums?
- Because you can find lots cool information here!
With giving away your very best information you will get tons of free traffic and quickly build your reputation as an expert in your field.

2. Guest Posting

Guest posting is one of the most powerful ways to get a good number of valuable visitors to your site. Just imagine how many visitors you can get your site if you could get a link from a well visiting blog related to your niche. With doing this you are letting other blog readers to position yourself in front of new audiences, and develop solid relationships with other bloggers.

The main advantages of Guest Posts
  • Backlinks;
  • Subscribers;
  • Branding;
  • And of course, lots of juicy traffic…
Here are some tips of how to get guest posting work for you:
  1. Visit your favorite blog and read their guest posting guidelines
  2. Study the focus of their content and the target audience of the blog
  3. Write the guest post. Don’t ask. Just do it
  4. Come up with a creative post title that looks appealing and clickable
  5. Search your favorite blog’s past content and link it to your post
  6. Add your own short byline to the bottom of the post with a link to your blog
  7. Submit your guest post via the preferred method of contact

And don’t think that you can write only for smaller sites. Try primarily to get accepted on bigger blogs.
If you offer some awesome content for them, they will accept your blog post no matter who you are.
Imagine, what would happen if you could be featured on some of the biggest blog? Yes, hundreds or even maybe thousands of new visitors coming to your blog, hundreds of subscribers and lots of new readers. It’s a massive traffic opportunity!

To begin with, I would like to recommend you to use these two websites - http://www.youconvertit.com or http://www.guestplug.com. This is a very valuable tool guest post opportunities. In this website you can submit your own articles, which other website owner can take as a fresh content to their sites.
Or you can try to find guest posting opportunities with the help of Google. To find blog owners willing to accept guest posts you can try the following Google search strings:
“Your niche keyword” + “guest blog”;
“Your niche keyword” + “submit a guest post”;
“Your niche keyword” + “looking for contributors”;
“Your niche keyword” + “looking for writers”;
“Your niche keyword” + “submit a post”.

Now you can easily find lots of great blogs, which accepts guest posts. Contact some of these blog owners and start writing…

3. Blog Commenting

A really great method to increase website traffic is to use blog comments, in order to attract a steady stream of people to your blog. When you leave strong comments on other blogs, it can play a large role in the traffic growth for your site. And even more building strong relationships with other blog owners.

Moreover, if you’ll be the lucky one and your comment will be one of the first ones, on the new article recently posted, you can get a great number of visitors coming to your blog.
So, if you will found a popular blog in your niche, try to check for the updates as much often as you can. Just sign up to their feed and wait for the new articles coming from them.

When you’ll start to comment on those blogs try to follow these 3 rules to pass spam moderation:

Respect the community that surrounds the blog.
Every single blog on the internet has its own community. This community has its own unique rules as well as expectations of behavior within the blog. It is important for you to know these rules.

Leave strong comments.
Expand on points that have already been brought up in the post, giving examples of how they are working. People like, when discussion continuous and you are providing useful information.

Create a link back to your blog, to make sure that people are capable of following your comments back to your blog.
Or you can do even better – you can put a link to some of your articles, which relates to that topic and gives additional information. As soon as your comment is approved as being strong and useful rather than spammy or advertising, your backlink will be live and your website will see an increase in traffic.

How to Find Blogs to Comment?

To find high valued blogs to comment on, I recommend you to check online tool named DropMyLink.com.

This tool can make your life much easier to find appropriate blogs to comment on. As you can see from the image above you can choose, what type of blogs you want to see, to get the most appropriate results.
It’s working very simple. Type the keyword you are searching blogs for. Then choose the type of the results you want to get. In the next step you’ll be sent to the Google results page, where you’ll have a nice list of blogs, which is listed according to your needs.

What About the Real Traffic From These Blogs?

Yes, the main problem here is, that you will get some nice results of blogs, but if you leave comments on these blogs there is no guarantee to receive so much traffic from here. Most of these websites are good for backlinks, but, probably, it won’t send you lots of traffic. So, what you have to do?

Sort the results...

On the left sidebar of Google results you should see the tab called Show search tools. Press and do as it is showed in the image above.
Doing so, you can get blog posts, which were indexed in the past hour, 24 hours or past week. What means, that there shouldn’t so much comments yet and it still should receive lots of visitors. If you’ll find a well visiting blog, you can expect to receive some nice traffic from the comments you will make on it.
I had some really good experience with using this method, because these visitors tend to be more time on your website. And if you are leaving well written comments, they are more likely to browse your blog and read what you are writing or even subscribe to your blog.

4. Video Marketing

If someone asked you to pinpoint which aspect of the spectacular Internet revolution has reached out and touched you the most, you will probably point immediately to the Internet video paradigm. Video on the Net is no longer just another way to communicate using digital multimedia, it has slowly but surely evolved as probably the most effective way to generate more website traffic on your Internet property.
Videos have quickly become one of the most popular content formats online. If you're not creating and distributing videos, you're missing out on a major traffic source. In fact, 52% of web traffic is video, according to eMarketer. The New York Times has reported that more than 70% of all web visitors watch online video.

Website marketing with the help of videos are becoming so much popular, that most of bigger websites has their own YouTube channels or even has created their own small televisions right on their webs.

Take a look at the stats of the biggest video sharing website in the world:
  • 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second;
  • Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day;
  • Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month;
  • Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube;
  • More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years;
  • 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US;
  • YouTube is localized in 39 countries and across 54 languages;
  • In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or almost 140 views for every person on Earth;
That is insane… Do you even realize the power of video marketing now? If you can create a good video and upload it to YouTube, it can bring you hundreds or even thousands of new visitors coming to your website.
This source of traffic became so popular recently, that more and more webmasters are you using it as a great method to drive traffic to their websites.
You can create videos on How to do something. These types of videos are basically tutorials teaching people a specific skill. You can create review videos, where you review different products. You can do a news announcement whenever you want to announce a contest. You can do some personal videos for building relationships with your audience and so on.

5. eBook Syndication

This method is really great to use, because it doesn’t require much effort. The best thing here is that you don’t need to write these eBooks. You can use your existing articles from your website and convert it to PDF. And trust me; with this technique you can drive thousands of visitors to your website.

Take a selection of your articles and create an eBook. It is recommended that it wouldn’t be bigger than 5-15 pages.
Create a cover for your eBook. If you find difficulties with doing this I recommend to use Fiverr.com to find a Graphic Designer, who will make it for you fow only $5.
Ensure you have Author details and clickable link back to your site directly under eBook title and in the footer of each page.
Go to http://www.youconvertit.com or http://www.pdfonline.com and convert it into a PDF format.
Submit your newly created eBook to http://www.free-ebooks.net, http://www.getfreeebooks.com and http://www.e-library.net.

This one simple strategy is going to send you hundreds of extra visitors for every eBook you submit. There are a lot of other eBook directories you can submit it, but probably these 3 are the most powerful. If you still want to check other directories, I recommend you to use Google for finding them.

After that I recommend you to submit those eBooks to document sharing directories. A great reason to use these document sharing directories to increase website traffic is, because many of them allow you to insert a live link into your document.
Google loves document sharing sites. They often rank high in search engine for specific keyword terms, so make sure you use your keywords in your documents.
As a bonus for using these directories you can also get your content indexed super fast. Especially if you build a couple of backlinks to your listing after you publish your document.
When you got a document filled with great content. It is time to submit it to different document directories. Here is the list of the most popular directories I submit my documents to:
  1. Scribd.com
  2. DocStock.com
  3. SlideShare.net
While creating a profile on these sites, make sure to include your website url and if possible, your email id too. Most importantly, include your website url at the footer of every page in the document. Also encourage those readers to visit your website to get more information on the topic.

There are so many people who are simply writing articles, submitting them to article directories and then that's it. But they're leaving so much traffic on the table. They could easily multiply their traffic 10x simply by converting the articles into a couple different formats.
And with the power of social media today, it's easier than ever before to get your content spread across the Web.

6. Freebie Method

Here I want to share with you one very cool strategy that can bring you thousand of new visitors. This trick, not so long ago, generated me about 1800 new visitors coming to one of my sports related website in one month. I call it “Pay with a tweet” method.

So here is what you have to do:
  1. Create valuable and interesting freebie (eBook, MP3 or .zip file);
  2. Create a squeeze page for it;
  3. Create CloudFlood or PayWithATweet button;
  4. Inform your visitors about this offer;
  5. Watch the increasing numbers in traffic stats from Facebook and Twitter.
Now every visitor, who wants to get access to this freebie, has to pay for it by sharing your link on his Facebook or Twitter account. This way you will get lots of new visitors coming to your website from social media sites. But be careful. Because your page can go even VIRAL!

If you want to get more success by doing so, let your mailing list to know about this offer, promote it on forums, submit it to eBook directories (only those ones, who let’s to put link to your website), etc.
Mostly, I am sharing a link to my home page of my website and adding a small banner to the squeeze page of this offer in my sidebar (that my blog visitors and those new visitors coming from social media sites would see it as well).

But you can use this method in other way – put your squeeze page as promotion link with this button. But add another freebie on the same page, where your visitors should subscribe to your mailing list if they want to get it. This is also very effective method to build an email list.
And that’s not all… With this method you can promote your Facebook page or any other stuff you want. Just use your imagination here.
I am successfully using this method to get lots fresh traffic to my website and it works so well!

7. Build Relationships

This topic is very important. It is very difficult to reach something, when you are alone. In website promotion it is getting much easier, when you have strong relations with others. So you just can’t ignore others in your niche. The rule is very simple here – help to others and they will help to you.
Linking to other blog owners is one of the easiest ways to get noticed. Bloggers like when others are talking about them. And they often like to announce who were talking about them. That’s why it is such an effective way to build relationships with others.
With doing so, you are creating a small blog alliance of bloggers, who are helping each other to grow their blogs and everyone have lots of benefits from it.

Also try to participate in the communities, where you audience already gathers. In fact, you probably already know a few blogs, forums, websites and social media communities where discussions and content are being posted on your topic (and if you don't a Google search will take you much of the way). It is the easiest way to start building your authority and make good relationships with stronger writers in your niche.

Use Trackbacks

A trackback is an automated process of notifying another blog that you have linked to one of its posts. Whenever you link to an article on another blog, WordPress will automatically “ping” the other blog, alerting it about the incoming link.
Plus trackbacks are also displayed in the comments section or sometimes even above it, abstracted as a link, linking to your article. This way you are not only getting lots of traffic, but you can get lots of backlinks as well.

The Word to YOU...

That was few most successful traffic strategies, which if you are using it right can get lots of website traffic immediately. Try it, and share your experience.

I wasn’t talking here about social media, search engine optimization and other type traffic methods, which lots of webmasters are talking about. These methods can be successfully combined together with strategies mentioned above.
I just wanted to share the best strategies, that I am using myself and getting lots of juicy traffic.

For more traffic strategies I recommend you to read:Do you have any traffic strategies, which you are successfully using?
Share it on this topic. It would be interesting to get more.
#strategies #top #traffic #website #works

Trending Topics