How to Make Money from Gamers (Simple Method)

43 replies
I'm going to show you a simple method to make money from gamers.

First: Some background

I suggested this method (without sharing all the details) in a post yesterday. This morning I woke up to a lovely private message from someone wishing for me to elaborate. I'm in the business of helping people make money, so I was happy to do so. What follows is the method, rewritten for anyone else who may be interested. Does it work? It most assuredly does. In fact, I know from personal experience, it has the potential to make you several hundred dollars a day. What's really great about it, though, is you can rework the method for any industry. After all, not only gamers want to make money from their hobby.

Okay, down to business.

General Idea

What if you could make money from a hobby? To most people this is a pipe-dream. Think about it: making money from something you love, something you do all the time, and something that usually costs you money, not the other way around. Well, what we're going to do is make this dream a reality for gamers. We're going to write a paid e-book to show them how to profit from their passion for gaming. And, in so doing, we'll be earning an income not only from the sales of our e-book, but from the affiliate links inside.

Tools

You can get some of the tools for free.

You need word-processing software that can export in PDF format. I recommend Word or, a great free option, Open Office.

To make your e-book cover, inside screen captures, and logo, you need an image editor. I use Photoshop, but I believe there is an older version of Photoshop provided by Adobe for free, or you could use GIMP, also free.

A newsletter is required for this method and, while I know free software exists, may I strongly recommend Aweber.

I'm assuming you'll already have hosting. As well as this, of course, you'll need a catchy domain name. Either go for an EMD or, and I find this works better, choose a short, catchy, descriptive domain. Something that spells out that you want to teach gamers how to make money.

Lastly, you'll need to purchase an e-junkie account. It's been a long time since I joined, but I believe they give you 7 days for free and I think you can host 10 products for 5 bucks a month.

The Method Used Inside the E-book

You have your tools, now time to write the e-book.

Now, to most of us experienced and even semi-experienced internet marketers, the method you'll be teaching gamers is easy-peasey lemon-squeezy.

And here it is . . .

You're going to show them how to build a niche gaming blog, link to affiliate offers, and drive oodles of game-hungry traffic to that site while simply doing something they love: talking about gaming and playing games. The idea is to make each aspect of their business fun. This is a hobby about a hobby that makes money.

Niche

They should choose a niche they're passionate about. It could be MMORPGs, or it could be a micro niche within that category: horror-themed MMORPGs, modern-day MMORPGs, and so forth. They don't have to worry about SEO and ranking; too complicated and not required. Just have them choose a subject they enjoy. Remember: keyword is fun.

Domain

Through your domain registrar affiliate link, advise them on domain name choice. Ensure the name is specific to the niche, short, and simple to spell and remember. HorrorMMORPG dot com, for instance. Peerfly pays $22 for a Godaddy referral.

Hosting

They need hosting, obviously. Sell them hosting. You can earn anywhere from $40 and up for this.

Wordpress

Explain how to setup WordPress on their new host. Here is where you'll need to use plenty of screen captures. It's complex stuff for a newbie. One method I use for layout is a top 10 list on the home page, a blog, and several pages that review each of their listed games.

Design

They can use a free WordPress theme but, to get better conversions, make more money, a premium theme is advised. Sell them on to Theme Forest who pays you 30% per referral.

Setting Up the Blog to Make Money

Use no advertising and simply link each of the reviewed games to an affiliate offer. Suggest to them free offers, which pay anywhere from a buck to $2.50. There are dozens of sponsors for this, but I won't recommend because we'll all be doing the same thing. Easy enough to find though. AND . . . this is another way for you to profit. Most affiliate networks will pay you 5% of anything your referrals earn.

Back to profit. All they have to do is write reviews about their favorite games and link to the affiliate offers. And, since they could be writing about F2P games, free-to-play, they should be earning money lickety-split and, once they begin driving traffic, that money should be coming in on auto-pilot - while they sleep, hey, even while they play games.

How they Get Traffic

It's no point suggesting complex traffic generation ideas. These are not stupid people, though; they simply aren't internet marketers. So give them simple, yet effective means of getting traffic. You want them to make money, after all. I mean, for one, it would be unethical not to help them do this. They've paid good money and should get what they deserve. But, remember, they've joined affiliate networks through you. Imagine getting 100 referrals making even a small amount each month. They're happy with this amount, and some will make a lot more, and you're happy too, because it mounts up!

Youtube

They should produce niche gaming videos. Lots of competition here, true, but not if they choose low hanging fruit and optimize their videos.

Have them make videos which are a combination of gameplay and live action talking on their part. They should talk about the game and reference more information on their site as well as a free join link (call to action). These videos work really well.

They can use the YT Keyword tool or Google Adwords Planner tool, or whatever else you care to suggest. Have them find low hanging fruit for their chosen niche. To optimize (and I'm keeping this basic, just so you don't bore or lose them):

1. Keyword in Title
2. Keyword as filename
3. Keyword in tag
4. Keyword density at 1% in description. 300 words: keyword at start, middle, and end.
5. Site page link at the top.
6. Video link at the bottom.

Video link explanation: This is actually something you might not know yourself. When you throw your link to the video at the BOTTOM of that video, you help with your optimization. People embed videos and descriptions. When they do, in many cases, you're getting worthwhile linkbacks.

Forums

They chat on forums. Why not make money chatting? Wa-hey! They should make an attractive signature file to their review blog. Gaming forums are actually not nazis when it comes to this, so your readers will have no problem.

Yahoo Groups

There are many Yahoo Groups related to gaming. The beauty here is that when you post, your message gets sent to - or can be sent to - thousands of recipients. Just keep it ethical. Join a community, contribute, and use a signature below your posts.

Pinterest

Create a Pinterest account and begin pinning like a mad thing, linking to your site. Have them create a board for each game and then several boards relating to their overall niche, and more still about gaming in general. Just don't suggest they be too promotional. Suggest a 3:1 ratio for pinning. 3 regular pins or repins for every 1 pin related to their site.

Facebook

They need a Fan Page. Each update should contain an image and the update itself should be maximized to span the page. Looks attractive and receives more attention. Obviously purchasing advertising is the most effective way to grow, but cheaper ways involve Fiverr gigs. Of course, free is also an option: joining other pages under their own page and contributing, inviting gamer friends, encouraging those friends to invite their friends, spreading the fan page link on Youtube, forums, groups, and other networks.

Other Traffic Sources for Them:

- Twitter
- Social Bookmarking (also another upsell for you if you suggest software)
- Yahoo Answers
- Email Signatures when chatting to friends
- Other video sharing sites (like Daily Motion)
- Guest Blogging

Money

Most of these traffic types will begin to send them traffic on auto-pilot. And the more they do them, and enjoy themselves, the more traffic they'll get. Since they're promoting free offers, getting an average of 5 free signups a day is easily achievable. And at an average of, say, $1.50 a signup that's approximately $45 a month with little effort.

As time goes by, that figure will only grow. When they've got a stable income stream, suggest to them implementing PPS signups and trials.

Since they've only spent a few bucks on hosting and a domain, and perhaps, say $25, on a theme, they'll be earning far more than this each month before long.

How this Makes YOU Money

Set the price of your e-book anywhere between $4.99 and $9.99. That's the sweet spot. This is just enough to be affordable and yet enough to ensure prestige pricing: in other words, the material you offer appears good because the price reflects quality. It also has another benefit, if someone pays this much, they've signaled a willingness to spend.

Which brings us onto (or back to) the second way you make money: affiliate up-sells. Aside from the e-book, you can earn from domain, hosting, theme, affiliate referrals, and software referrals.

Making Money in the Long-Term

This is where Aweber comes into play.

You should create a squeeze page that encourages gamers to join your newsletter about how to make money from gaming. They're going to receive free tips. Just ensure your tips are not remotely as good as those in your e-book.

Every once in a while, talk about your e-book. The easiest way to do so is to mention how you've updated it or you've been sent another great testimonial and you want to share it with your subscribers.

Getting Traffic

You can use the same methods as outlined for gamers. Here are some others, though:

1. Optimize Pages for Low Hanging Fruit
2. Setup Google Alerts and Reply to them
3. Drive Traffic to FB with their Advertising
4. Purchase Traffic from other Ad Networks

The quickest and easiest way though is to make videos and post on forums. Almost every gamer would love to turn their hobby into something that earns extra money. Just remember: you're not promising to make them rich, this is fine; you're giving them an effective and fun method to earn a nice little income by doing something they already do. If you're going to play games, why not make money as well? At the very least, you can buy MORE games!

Thanks for Reading

I hope this helps some of you. As of now, the gaming market is wide open for you to profit from this method. And, knowing how bright you gentleman and ladies are, I'm sure you'll put many clever spins on it. And, remember, as I mentioned earlier, this is only gaming. Can you think of other hobbies that can be turned into a business? This is such a good selling point. Have fun doing something you love AND make money from it!

Thanks for reading and good luck!!
#gamers #make #method #money #simple
  • Profile picture of the author samkadya
    Originally Posted by Victoria Stone View Post

I'm going to show you a simple method of how to make money from gamers.

First: some background.

I suggested this method (without sharing all the details) in a post yesterday. This morning I woke up to a lovely private message from someone wishing for me to elaborate. I'm in the business of helping people make money, so I was happy to do so. What follows is the method, rewritten for anyone else who may be interested. Does it work? It most assuredly does. In fact, I know from personal experience, it has the potential to make you several hundred dollars a day. What's really great about it, though, is you can rework the method for any industry. After all, not only gamers want to make money from their hobby.

Okay, down to business.

General Idea

What if you could make money from a hobby? To most people this is a pipe-dream. Think about it: making money from something you love, something you do all the time, and something that usually costs you money, not the other way around. Well, what we're going to do is make this dream a reality for gamers. We're going to write a paid e-book to show them how to profit from their passion for gaming. And, in so doing, we'll be earning an income not only from the sales of our e-book, but from the affiliate links inside.

Tools

You need word-processing software that can export in PDF format. I recommend Word or, a great free option, Open Office.

To make your e-book cover, inside screen captures, and logo, you need an image editor. I use Photoshop, but I believe there is an older version of Photoshop provided by Adobe for free, or you could use GIMP, also free.

A newsletter is required for this method and, while I know free software exists, may I strongly recommend Aweber.

I'm assuming you'll already have hosting. As well as this, of course, you'll need a catchy domain name. Either go for an EMD or, and I find this works better, choose a short, catchy, descriptive domain. Something that spells out that you want to teach gamers how to make money.

Lastly, you'll need to purchase an e-junkie account. It's been a long time since I joined, but I believe they give you 7 days for free and I think you can host 10 products for 5 bucks a month.

Now, to most of us experienced and even semi-experienced internet marketers, the method you'll be teaching gamers is easy-peasey lemon-squeezy.

And here it is . . .

You're going to show them how to build a niche gaming blog, link to affiliate offers, and drive oodles of game-hungry traffic to that site while simply doing something they love: talking about gaming and playing games. The idea is to make each aspect of their business fun. This is a hobby about a hobby that makes money.

Niche

They should choose a niche they're passionate about. It could be MMORPGs, or it could be a micro niche with that category: horror-themed MMORPGs, modern-day MMORPGs, and so forth. They don't have to worry about SEO and ranking; too complicated and not required. Just have them choose a subject they enjoy. Remember: keyword is fun.

Domain

Through your domain registrar affiliate link, advise them on domain name choice. Ensure the name is specific to the niche, short, and simple to spell and remember. HorrorMMORPG dot com, for instance. Peerfly pays $22 for a Godaddy referral.

Hosting

They need hosting, obviously. Sell them hosting. You can earn anywhere from $40 and up for this.

Wordpress

Explain how to setup WordPress on their new host. Here is where you'll need to use plenty of screen captures. It's complex stuff for a newbie. One method I use for layout is a top 10 list on the home page, a blog, and several pages that review each of their listed games.

Design

They can use a free WordPress theme but, to get better conversions, make more money, a premium theme is advised. Sell them on to Theme Forest who pays you 30% per referral.

Use no advertising and simply link each of the reviewed games to an affiliate offer. Suggest to them free offers, which pay anywhere from a buck to $2.50. There are dozens of sponsors for this, but I won't recommend because we'll all be doing the same thing. Easy enough to find though. AND . . . this is another way for you to profit. Most affiliate networks will pay you 5% of anything your referrals earn.

Back to profit. All they have to do is write reviews about their favorite games and link to the affiliate offers. And, since they could be writing about F2P games, free-to-play, they should be earning money lickety-split and, once they begin driving traffic, that money should be coming in on auto-pilot - while they sleep, hey, even while they play games.

How they Get Traffic

It's no point suggesting complex traffic generation ideas. These are not stupid people, though; they simply aren't internet marketers. So give them simple, yet effective means of getting traffic. You want them to make money, after all. I mean, for one, it would be unethical not to help them do this. They've paid good money and should get what they deserve. But, remember, they've joined affiliate networks through you. Imagine getting 100 referrals making even a small amount each month. They're happy with this amount, and some will make a lot more, and you're happy too, because it mounts up!

Youtube

They should produce niche gaming videos. Lots of competition here, true, but not if they choose low hanging fruit and optimize their videos.

Have them make videos which are a combination of gameplay and live action talking on their part. They should talk about the game and reference more information on their site as well as a free join link (call to action). These videos work really well.

They can use the YT Keyword tool or Google Adwords Planner tool, or whatever else you care to suggest. Have them find low hanging fruit for their chosen niche. To optimize (and I'm keeping this basic, just so you don't bore or lose them):

1. Keyword in Title
    2. Keyword as filename
    3. Keyword in tag
    4. Keyword density at 1% in description. 300 words: keyword at start, middle, and end.

Video link explanation: This is actually something you might not know yourself. When you throw your link to the video at the BOTTOM of that video, you help with your optimization. People embed videos and descriptions. When they do, in many cases, you're getting worthwhile linkbacks.

Forums

They chat on forums. Why not make money chatting? Wa-hey! They should make an attractive signature file to their review blog. Gaming forums are actually not nazis when it comes to this, so your readers will have no problem.

Yahoo Groups

There are many Yahoo Groups related to gaming. The beauty here is that when you post, your message gets sent to - or can be sent to - thousands of recipients. Just keep it ethical. Join a community, contribute, and use a signature below your posts.

Pinterest

Create a Pinterest account and begin pinning like a mad thing, linking to your site. Have them create a board for each game and then several boards relating to their overall niche, and more still about gaming in general. Just don't suggest they be too promotional. Suggest a 3:1 ratio for pinning. 3 regular pins or repins for every 1 pin related to their site.

Facebook

They need a Fan Page. Each update should contain an image and the update itself should be maximized to span the page. Looks attractive and receives more attention. Obviously purchasing advertising is the most effective way to grow, but cheaper ways involve Fiverr gigs. Of course, free is also an option: joining other pages under their own page and contributing, inviting gamer friends, encouraging those friends to invite their friends, spreading the fan page link on Youtube, forums, groups, and other networks.

- Twitter
    - Yahoo Answers
    - Guest Blogging

Money

Most of these traffic types will begin to send them traffic on auto-pilot. And the more they do them, and enjoy themselves, the more traffic they'll get. Since they're promoting free offers, getting an average of 5 free signups a day is easily achievable. And at an average of, say, $1.50 a signup that's approximately $45 a month with little effort.

As time goes by, that figure will only grow. When they've got a stable income stream, suggest to them implementing PPS signups and trials.

Since they've only spent a few bucks on hosting and a domain, and perhaps, say $25, on a theme, they'll be earning far more than this each month before long.

How this Makes YOU Money

Set the price of your e-book anywhere between $4.99 and $9.99. That's the sweet spot. This is just enough to be affordable and yet enough to ensure prestige pricing: in other words, the material you offer appears good because the price reflects quality. It also has another benefit, if someone pays this much, they've signaled a willingness to spend.

Which brings us onto (or back to) the second way you make money: affiliate up-sells. Aside from the e-book, you can earn from domain, hosting, theme, and software referrals.

You should create a squeeze page that encourages gamers to join your newsletter about how to make money from gaming. They're going to receive free tips. Just ensure your tips are not remotely as good as those in your e-book.

Every once in a while, talk about your e-book. The easiest way to do so is to mention how you've updated it or you've been sent another great testimonial and you want to share it with your subscribers.

Getting Traffic

You can use the same methods as outlined for gamers. Here are some others, though:

The quickest and easiest way though is to make videos and post on forums. Almost every gamer would love to turn their hobby into something that earns extra money. Just remember: you're not promising to make them rich, this is fine; you're giving them an effective and fun method to earn a nice little income by doing something they already do. If you're going to play games, why not make money as well? At the very least, you can buy MORE games!

Thanks for Reading

I hope this helps some of you. As of now, the gaming market is wide open for you to profit from this method. And, knowing how bright you gentleman and ladies are, I'm sure you'll put many clever spins on it. And, remember, as I mentioned earlier, this is only gaming. Can you think of other hobbies that can be turned into a business? This is such a good selling point. Have fun doing something you love AND make money from it!

Really excellent advice. I will try to join the yahoo groups as i have never seriously participated in such groups.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
      Originally Posted by samkadya View Post

Really excellent advice. I will try to join the yahoo groups as i have never seriously participated in such groups.
      They can be very effective, and yet many marketers overlook them.
      Signature

I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889673].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author xpaw01
        Thanks for sharing!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889748].message }}
          Originally Posted by xpaw01 View Post

Thanks for sharing!
          You're welcome and thank you! I get the honor of giving you your first ever thanks on WF - yay!
          Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889772].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nontemplates
            I dunno. I am a gamer. We are tech savvy. If I bought an ebook saying "start a blog". I'd go....Whatzz?? I paid money to hear that? I'd probably demand a refund.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889812].message }}
              Originally Posted by nontemplates View Post

I dunno. I am a gamer. We are tech savvy. If I bought an ebook saying "start a blog". I'd go....Whatzz?? I paid money to hear that? I'd probably demand a refund.
              Gamers are, indeed, tech-savvy, but unlike yourself, most gamers have no idea about how to create an affiliate blog, monetize it, and hurl traffic in its direction. If you're an experienced marketer, and being here I assume you are, sharing your knowledge with them is a huge selling point. It most definitely works.
              Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889822].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author AffiliateWaves
                Thanks Victoria for this post .You have really covered every aspect that can help gamers to earn some money from their passion
                Signature

Need high Quality Expired domains click here to see now

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889879].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Benjamin T

Gamers are, indeed, tech-savvy, but unlike yourself, most gamers have no idea about how to create an affiliate blog, monetize it, and hurl traffic in its direction. If you're an experienced marketer, and being here I assume you are, sharing your knowledge with them is a huge selling point. It most definitely works.
                First off, excellent post, thanks for sharing.

However, I must disagree with you on this point. What makes you think that just because someone enjoys gaming, they'd like to set up a blog? You're magically connecting these two dots... Now I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you haven't really connected them logically.

I could just pick any group of people (let's say people who do their own taxes). I could approach them the same way. Are they tech-savvy? Yes. Do they know how to create an affiliate blog? Probably not. Do they want to? No idea. Hence, they aren't a "targeted audience"... we don't know what they want.

I think that is the only flaw in this plan is that you don't really have a targeted audience (as mentioned above). You're generalizing a group of individuals who you know are probably tech-savvy and are assuming they'd like to set up a blog based upon the easily acceptable logic that "everyone loves to make money".

But nonetheless, we all, myself included, appreciate your generosity in posting this here. It may just be my personal opinion, but I think if you can find a way to be more specific in the way you acquire "clients" (as I'll call them), you could have a real money maker on your hands.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890092].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Big Money
                  Great post, lot's of good tips in there. Video games is HUGE niche.

"Grand Theft Auto V" did 800 MILLION in sales it's first day out.

That's way beyond any release day for any Hollywood blockbuster. That's the the tip of the iceberg on how HUGE the video game niche is and it only get's bigger and bigger.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890108].message }}
                    Originally Posted by Big Money View Post

Great post, lot's of good tips in there. Video games is HUGE niche.

"Grand Theft Auto V" did 800 MILLION in sales it's first day out.

That's way beyond any release day for any Hollywood blockbuster. That's the the tip of the iceberg on how HUGE the video game niche is and it only get's bigger and bigger.
                    Glad you like it - thank you!

A well-deserved $800 million, but still - WOW. Before GTA V came along, SA was my favorite of the franchise, but this one is just pretty much perfect: combines everything I like from SA and GTA IV. And it's keeping me busy until ESO is released!!
                    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890125].message }}
                  Originally Posted by Benjamin T View Post

First off, excellent post, thanks for sharing.

However, I must disagree with you on this point. What makes you think that just because someone enjoys gaming, they'd like to set up a blog? You're magically connecting these two dots... Now I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you haven't really connected them logically.

I could just pick any group of people (let's say people who do their own taxes). I could approach them the same way. Are they tech-savvy? Yes. Do they know how to create an affiliate blog? Probably not. Do they want to? No idea. Hence, they aren't a "targeted audience"... we don't know what they want.

I think that is the only flaw in this plan is that you don't really have a targeted audience (as mentioned above). You're generalizing a group of individuals who you know are probably tech-savvy and are assuming they'd like to set up a blog based upon the easily acceptable logic that "everyone loves to make money".

But nonetheless, we all, myself included, appreciate your generosity in posting this here. It may just be my personal opinion, but I think if you can find a way to be more specific in the way you acquire "clients" (as I'll call them), you could have a real money maker on your hands.
                  Hi Benjamin

I totally respect your opinion. Not only that, I enjoyed your reply; I must watch out for more of your posts.

The truth is, I began using this method approximately 5 years ago, and still do. It really does work, and putting it into practice is a sure-fire way of finding out.

Creating A Target Audience

I've long held the belief that a target audience can be created. And often this is the best way to go about niche marketing. The benefit often comes from tapping into a market that, before you created it, didn't exist. You encounter less competition.

In many ways, you do actually do this with gamers. Many of them have never even considered they might be able to turn their hobby into a profitable pastime.

But then you have the other demographic segment that are aware of affiliate marketing and wouldn't mind learning how to do it for their hobby.

The Selling Point

Money is an essential need - just like clothing, food, and shelter. The selling point here is you give people the ability to earn it by doing something they enjoy. A lot of the time, gamers already own blogs; they just don't monetize them at all, or well.

You'd be surprised - in my experience, anyway - just how much demand for this really does exist in the gaming community.

That being said, like I say, I enjoyed your post and totally respect your take on things.
                  Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890110].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin T

Hi Benjamin

I totally respect your opinion. Not only that, I enjoyed your reply; I must watch out for more of your posts.

The truth is, I began using this method approximately 5 years ago, and still do. It really does work, and putting it into practice is a sure-fire way of finding out.

Creating A Target Audience

I've long held the belief that a target audience can be created. And often this is the best way to go about niche marketing. The benefit often comes from tapping into a market that, before you created it, didn't exist. You encounter less competition.

In many ways, you do actually do this with gamers. Many of them have never even considered they might be able to turn their hobby into a profitable pastime.

But then you have the other demographic segment that are aware of affiliate marketing and wouldn't mind learning how to do it for their hobby.

The Selling Point

Money is an essential need - just like clothing, food, and shelter. The selling point here is you give people the ability to earn it by doing something they enjoy. A lot of the time, gamers already own blogs; they just don't monetize them at all, or well.

You'd be surprised - in my experience, anyway - just how much demand for this really does exist in the gaming community.

That being said, like I say, I enjoyed your post and totally respect your take on things.
                    Huge respect for this response, and thank you for the kind words.

When you mentioned that a target audience can be "created", you got me thinking. Very much shifting the paradigm of how an audience is defined in fact. Brilliant.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890179].message }}
                      Originally Posted by Benjamin T View Post

Huge respect for this response, and thank you for the kind words.

When you mentioned that a target audience can be "created", you got me thinking. Very much shifting the paradigm of how an audience is defined in fact. Brilliant.
                      That's really nice of you to say. You made my day.
                      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Hackett
    Thanks Victoria, this is an excellent share - and as you say, can be applied to so many other 'hobby' niches as well as gaming. I'm going to start promoting my own art this year - I'll document that as I go along and make an end product to boot :-)

-Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    this alone can be sold as a cheap priced wso but you give it for free for the community.. better we use and put it into action. =)
    Signature

For best hostel in malang https://bedpackers.com & mold inspectors orlando : https://waterdamagerestorationorland...d-inspections/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890025].message }}
    @ Michael Hackett

I think art will be an excellent application. I would say better than gaming, too. My husband's grandfather was an artist, and had he still been around, I imagine he'd have been extremely keen to learn how to get his art out there. He did very well without the internet, but every little bit helps. All the best with this!

@ visimedia

Thanks so much. And you're absolutely spot-on in my opinion: It's all about taking action.
    Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pizzatherapy
    I really think this a great way to earn income.

Not sure this a direction I prefer to go in, but I applaud your sharing a great idea.

It's kind of like the Levi Strauss mentality. He did not chase gold...he chased those who were chasing gold by providing them strong sturdy work clothes...and it worked!

And the same method will work today... Sound, solid, marketing advice!

Thanks much Victoria Stone!

Great post..keep them coming!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny522
    Great information Victoria Stone! I can't wait to start implementing it today!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890124].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Big Money
      ...and let me clarify that I mean $800,000,000 Million dollars in sales the first day of release. Not 800 million units.

Compare that to the largest theatrical release day which is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It did $90 million it's first day.

That's how huge the video game niche is. It is also a niche where people spend money constantly which is super important.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890184].message }}
        Originally Posted by Big Money View Post

...and let me clarify that I mean $800,000,000 Million dollars in sales the first day of release. Not 800 million units.

Compare that to the largest theatrical release day which is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It did $90 million it's first day.

That's how huge the video game niche is. It is also a niche where people spend money constantly which is super important.
        That's an excellent point. I wish I'd thought to include it in my original post.

The fact is, as you so rightly pointed out, gamers - myself included - like to spend money; in fact, generally have to do so.

I forget which board I was on, and the specifics, but I remember someone saying they'd shelled out $12,000 on MMORPGs. I'm fairly sure that figure's correct

Point is: games are expensive, as we all know. And even though the free-to-play model is growing in popularity, you even need to spend there.

A few bucks is really - well not even really, it IS - an absolute drop in the ocean.

And I'm sure it doesn't even need reiterating, but what works for me is not selling the ability to get rich: it's about selling the chance to simply make a respectable amount of money while having fun.
        Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reqchri
    Hi Victoria. Thanks for sharing. You've explained all the details very clearly. I think everybody can do it right away. This "hobby" niche is not so hard at all to conduct.
    Speaking of which, does it work for you?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892017].message }}
      Originally Posted by reqchri View Post

Hi Victoria. Thanks for sharing. You've explained all the details very clearly. I think everybody can do it right away. This "hobby" niche is not so hard at all to conduct.
      Speaking of which, does it work for you?
      Thank you!

It does, indeed. I actually started out by promoting the games themselves (still do). I stuck to online MMORPG games, simply because I play them a lot myself and know the niche inside and out, and got a steady flow of income on auto-pilot (mostly from forum posts and SEO). I treated it like a hobby myself and figured, well, I post on gaming forums anyway, so why not make my free time pay? Then, because I write E-Books for a living, it was an obvious leap to charge other gamers to learn what I know. Some subscribers literally bite right away, but mostly you get some resistance (nothing visible; other people just don't buy right away). So most of the time, it's a case of simply using your newsletter to educate in simple ways of making money by playing games - there are tons of guides on-line, so you just rehash the info with your own spin. This warms up the subscribers and you see the resistance, in some, melt away.
      Signature

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nasstar
    Surely this is some really good money making idea if u take the time to put in some work to make it work. Thanks a bunch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8912654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1984toPresent
    excellent post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8917469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steveunited
      Hey thanks for sharing such a great information and ideas. In this days no one disclose his ideas but u explain each and everything in details. Thanks many thanks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8919457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marwa saf

I'm going to show you a simple method to make money from gamers.

First: Some background

Okay, down to business.

General Idea

Tools

And here it is . . .

Niche

They should choose a niche they're passionate about. It could be MMORPGs, or it could be a micro niche within that category: horror-themed MMORPGs, modern-day MMORPGs, and so forth. They don't have to worry about SEO and ranking; too complicated and not required. Just have them choose a subject they enjoy. Remember: keyword is fun.

Domain

Hosting

Wordpress

Design

How they Get Traffic

Youtube

1. Keyword in Title
    2. Keyword as filename
    3. Keyword in tag

Forums

Yahoo Groups

Pinterest

Facebook

- Twitter
    - Yahoo Answers
    - Guest Blogging

Money

How this Makes YOU Money

Which brings us onto (or back to) the second way you make money: affiliate up-sells. Aside from the e-book, you can earn from domain, hosting, theme, affiliate referrals, and software referrals.

Getting Traffic

Thanks for Reading

such a nice idea thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8920158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rotate
      This detailed instruction is very helpful to make money. Thanks a lot for this nice instruction.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8924400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malouisa
    Thanks for sharing. It gives me idea on how to earn more at home. I will do my best to follow the instructions here and hope I could make money on this.
    Signature

Are you still struggling with your income? Try to check this.

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naki786taa
    need franchisers world wide. we need franchiser world wide
    we are offer big bonuses, heavy commissions and lots of opportunities world wide, get ready to join for end earn joy of working for details visit: (http : // tinyurl dot com / 3gce3ot) ids (11672)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8935140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zikozix
    thanks a lot man
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Niiick
    Victoria - as someone about to get started with a gaming blog and Youtube channel, this was very helpful and insightful - and even inspired my first post to the WF after a year of lurking!

Do you mention anything about live streaming in your ebook, or have you thought about it? I know a lot of gamers are becoming quite successful streaming, they make money with ads they run during their broadcast and putting affiliate links to parts of their "rig" (PC) specs, among other things in their profile. It can be hard to get noticed, and take awhile to make money doing it.

Anyway - I think a lot of gamers are seeking to make money with their hobby, and many are; In some cases a full time income. I think you have a good market and audience, and I'm one of them. :p
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8953452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Navana
    This is a really intuitive and strategic way of creating a niche market. Making money by helping other people make money. This is some really brilliant stuff. Hope we get more posts like this form you. Cheers!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8964114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deane4567
    I am a gamer and i bought one of those ebooks before...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8965104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nubchai
    Great share! Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8973811].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AbhiJ
      The idea is great and focusing on gaming industry sounds like a good advice. Having said that to sell an internet marketing product repeatedly and to create an audience is going to take some serious investment of time upfront. For semi-veterans this is a great idea. Not sure if a newbie can make this work in a short period of time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8974067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AustinHawaii
    This is actually a good idea. I may actually start this
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9088273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taurusvt212
    smart , i'm gonna start it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9088813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author emmaharward789
    thnks for share the great information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nabeels
    thank you!, this is very useful information.
    5/5 start....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9112831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iamthecoolnerd
    Hey Victoria. Thanks for sharing.
    Signature

Get Your Affiliate News Direct from the Networks
    NetworkRoundUp.com

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9122762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dana Sri
    niche share, because i like game
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9301434].message }}

Trending Topics