The only advantage I want is a starving crowd

5 replies
This girl must be a reader of the Gary Halbert Letter. She started selling cookies outside a marijuana dispensary.

Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Medical Marijuana Clinic | TIME.com
#advantage #crowd #starving
  • Profile picture of the author Mikesweeney
    Originally Posted by joe golfer View Post

This girl must be a reader of the Gary Halbert Letter. She started selling cookies outside a marijuana dispensary.

I was just about to post this lol. I saw it on Joe Rogan's twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8974969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jmadlena
      Talk about knowing your audience, haha. Pretty clever way to provide potential customers with what they will want before they even know it.

I always thought that putting a 'GreenBox' (RedBox for marijuana) outside of fast food restaurants would be a good idea. Imagine the business outside of a Taco Bell...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8979515].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8980089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Warriors
    Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post

Both know how to craft a GREAT story. In fact, when I think of "stories" I think of both these guys.
    If you're REALLY into storytelling in copywriting I'd highly suggest that you look into Autoresponder Madness.

It's probably the best course I've ever taken on the subject.

I'm usually sort of skeptical of guru products and shit like that but for most of this past year I've had a full time job with an IM company and I got the chance to check out Autoresponder Madness for free.

The course was just incredible. You can just tell that the guy (I think his name is Andre or something) has a huge amount of passion for what he does... When you go through the course there's never a dull moment because you're always learning new stuff that makes you think "damn I've never heard of that strategy before." And his ideas on "open loops" and suspense are among the most powerful I've ever read.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8985395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Hill
    Originally Posted by joe golfer View Post

Great idea!

As I understand it, catering to the munchies was part of the early strategy for Domino's Pizza's too.

When Tom Monaghan and his brother James (for a short time) were getting started in the 1960's - early 1970's, his early stores were always near college campuses. At that particular time, lots of college students, uh, had the munchies on a regular basis.

Not only that, but right when the students needed pizza the most, they were least able to drive! That worked out well for Domino's and their delivery. That's what we'd call a smokin' hot opportunity.

As a side note to the era, his brother James traded his half of the business in the early days before any franchises (1960) for a used Volkswagen Beetle...
    Signature
    Learn more - earn more: Books for Copywriters
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8985701].message }}

Trending Topics