If got dropped in the most isolated, remote.....

12 replies
area of the earth and I was told:

"Here are the means to spread your persuasive message througout the world. Use your words to survive. Earn your food, companionship and love but only through the power of words.

Use words that are compelling. Lead and capture the imagination, persuade. Be convincing in all your ways through subtle powers of enthusiasm and consistency. Use the power of affiliation. Appeal to their needs, ambitions, and desires. Help them deal with their fears. Fulfiill their needs."

What do you think? Would I survive?
#dropped #isolated #remote
  • Profile picture of the author Tim R
    If you got dropped in the most isolated, remote area on the planet you'd be the only person there and likely dead in next to no time...

Weird question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8981818].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zesquian
      What if I have a good computer and an internet connection?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8982150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by zesquian View Post

First you want to be dropped into a remote area. Then you want an internet connection. So it doesn't really matter where you are. You can find out that answer...sitting where you are, right now.

And if you were in a remote location...where would you plug in your computer?

You haven't really thought this whole thing out...have you?
        Signature
        One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8982343].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author svedski

If you had a computer and internet connection you could just call home and ask to be rescued.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8983004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walt SEO
    If you're alone then I don't think it matters how well you speak or possibly influence.
    I'd focus on trying to grow food and see if I can find water.

Walt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8982199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickDuris

I think you're gonna need a little company.

PS: Seriously, a couple years ago, a Frenchman quit society, packed up and moved to a remote Polynesian island with just a laptop and Internet connection. Sixty days later, hit by topical storms, he quit and moved back.

His reason? He was afraid his Internet would go down permanently.

PSS: Meet the REAL Robinson Crusoe: Man, 50, sells his life on eBay and moves to a deserted tropical island in Panama with no electricity and 10 resident chickens:

Ian Usher sells his life on eBay and moves to deserted island in Panama | Mail Online
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8982211].message }}
  • All you would need is a pad and a pen. In fact, just a piece of bark and a burnt stick would do the trick if needed.

But the issue is...What if the locals couldn't read...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8983247].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      We are teasing the OP. But I can tell you that if I were dropped into any area on Earth...as long as they spoke English (and I was dropped into a prison)..

I'd be able to get back home.

Or start a new life over.

By selling. Buying things cheap, and reselling them. Even if I had no money, no car, no identification (OK, if it was a foreign country, a passport would help).

I actually gave it a little thought once upon a time.

How about this question; You are dropped right where you live now...but it's an alternate universe where everything is exactly the same...except you were never born. And you have no money. No credit cards.....

What would you do? Now remember, there is nowhere to go to.
      Your family won't know you, and won't believe your story.

Just you..and the clothes on your back. What would you do?
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

What if they're not stars? What if they are holes poked in the top of a container so we can breath?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8984915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zesquian
    Another question:

do you see copy writing ability in the original post?

That was the actual purpose of this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8988566].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author drmani

Another question:

do you see copy writing ability in the original post?

That was the actual purpose of this thread.
      At worst, you have the ability to engage an audience - just look at how many comments you've got and the nature of diverse discussion it has sparked off

All success
      Dr.Mani
      Signature
      The Heart Bookstore | Buy a Book, Help a Child Live!
      Email Marketing Tips | How To Focus Better | Time Management
      GET YOUR FREE GUIDE: The 33:33 System
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8991563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jomuli3
    Zes,

You are right. This is the copywriting forum where we talk about copywriting issues. This is the rightful home of your thread.

Well, what should I say ---
    uhhh, I'm trying to avoid giving a crude remark.

Yes, I have got it.

You did not do well with your analogous presentation of a copywriter's life. You have not clearly likened it to the glamorous life of a successful copywriter.

A copywriter can work anywhere, earns his income locally and from other countries, fixes his charges, wears what he likes(even pajamas as he works at home), has no boss and works when he wants to.

That said ---

What you were trying to say is (in other words) ---
    --- 'Can one solely rely on his copywriting skill for survival in harsh economic conditions?'

Your third paragraph talks about copywriting skill. It gives us a clue that you were talking about copywriting.

If what I have written here is right, then the answer to your question is 'YES!'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8989116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MeiGal
    Passion drives us further than we initially imagined..
    With our backs pressed to the wall, we can do things we never dreamed possible..
    My point being: if you really were on a a deserted island and your life & food depended om it, you probably would have excel yourself. So don't ask what you could've done in such a situation but how good can you do, consistently, on every day life, on an every day basis. with the little; annoyances, distractions, of the spouse, kids, door bell rings, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8991381].message }}

Trending Topics