Ad dissected: Honda Goes Inside the Civic Tourer, and Everything Else, in Brilliantly Constructed Ad

3 replies
Warning to all direct response purists: Move on. Nothing new here for you. No numbers given.

Brilliant example of how an idea is executed (flawlessly.)

Honda Goes Inside the Civic Tourer, and Everything Else, in Brilliantly Constructed Ad | Adweek

- Rick Duris

PS: I wish I could get Garrisson Keiler to recite my copy.

PPS: W + K are the same folks who did the Dodge Durango/Ron Burgundy spots.

You may or may not like the ad. I didn't. No matter. The big takeaway I got today, is at least W + K is putting their heart into it, trying stuff.
#brilliantly #civic #constructed #dissected #honda #inside #tourer
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    I do a pretty fair impersonation of GK. Really. Long time Prairie Home fan.
    Have an autographed book of his and even caught his show when it's in NYC a couple of times but I did not know he did ads for Honda in Europe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8987197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Banned
    I really wanted to like that spot... but... I dunno - it's just another ad. Too "clever" by half. But...it did give me a great idea for a headline/hook. So I thank you for that, compadre.

p.s. I have a MUCH better idea for that spot.

p.p.s. just noticed you didn't like it either.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8987285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
      Originally Posted by The Copy Nazi View Post

I really wanted to like that spot... but... I dunno - it's just another ad. Too "clever" by half. But...it did give me a great idea for a headline/hook. So I thank you for that, compadre.

p.s. I have a MUCH better idea for that spot.

p.p.s. just noticed you didn't like it either.
      No problem. It's why I post these things. As mental grist for the mill for others like you, who get it.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8987328].message }}

Trending Topics