Suggestions for my Book Sub-title?

12 replies
I'm an author and my latest book will be released the end of April.

I can use some help with the Sub-title. (The current sub-title feels flat and boring to me.)

Book title: Cure Overwhelm Now

Current Subtitle: How to Reduce Stress & Distraction in Your Daily Life.

Topic: Non-fiction story about an experiment I did where I went 30 days with no cell phone, no internet, no computer, no TV, no Xbox and no Radio; PLUS - all of the tips and strategies I now use to avoid stress and get twice as much done in half the time.

People who follow the strategies report that their overall stress has dropped, they are more focused on what to do and they are getting more tasks actually completed.

Feel free to be as creative and outrageous as you can! What sub-title would reach out, grab you by the collar and force you to grab the book to learn more?

Anyone who submits an idea will receive a free Kindle version when it's released.

If I choose your idea - You'll get a signed copy of the paperback and an Amazon gift card for $25.

Feel free to email me with any questions or comments at quickresultscopy@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for your help!
#book #create #subtitle
  • I would just flip it.

Use the sub for the title.

And the title for the sub.

Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995581].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marciayudkin
      Cure Overwhelm Now: The Cold Turkey Method of Slashing Everyday Stress

This would arouse my curiosity. Cold turkey about what? And you have a good answer to that.

Marcia Yudkinn
      Signature
      Check out Marcia Yudkin's No-Hype Marketing Academy for courses on copywriting, publicity, infomarketing, marketing plans, naming, and branding - not to mention the popular "Marketing for Introverts" course.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995590].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Inspired, Inc.
        Nice! I really like that. Definitely grabs me.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by marciayudkin View Post

Cure Overwhelm Now: The Cold Turkey Method of Slashing Everyday Stress

This would arouse my curiosity. Cold turkey about what? And you have a good answer to that.

Marcia Yudkinn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995690].message }}
      Hi Steve,

Thanks - you know, I didn't ever think of that!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Steve The Copywriter View Post

I would just flip it.

Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995689].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlenH
      It's probably just me but... 'Cure Overwhelm' means absolutely nothing to me. It just doesn't sound right.

But maybe it means something to a sufferer.

Originally Posted by Steve The Copywriter View Post

I would just flip it.

Steve
      I also agree with Steve. Interchange the Title and use the Subtitle
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8997179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
    Who's your target audience? Any idea of their personality type?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995777].message }}
      Hi Seth,

Thanks for the reply.

Ultimately - I'll be marketing this towards business people and entrepreneurs who are making $100k+ per year.

I've realized that most of these people are juggling 5+ projects, running their business, doing the marketing, the sales, the phone calls, the social media, etc PLUS having a family.

The core problems they have:

1. Too much stress/stressed out. (Affecting physically: headaches, tight shoulders, etc)
      2. Overwhelmed - "I have to many things to do and not enough time to do them all."
      3. Lack of focus - "There are so many things to do, I don't know what to focus on next so I go from task to task without really accomplishing anything."
      4. Not enough time for family.
      5. No time for myself or to do any of the things that I love to do.
      6. Distracted - "no matter how far behind I am, I still feel compelled to check my email, facebook or other social media."

Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

Who's your target audience? Any idea of their personality type?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995803].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
        Originally Posted by Travis Cody View Post

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the reply.

Ultimately - I'll be marketing this towards business people and entrepreneurs who are making $100k+ per year.

I've realized that most of these people are juggling 5+ projects, running their business, doing the marketing, the sales, the phone calls, the social media, etc PLUS having a family.

The core problems they have:

1. Too much stress/stressed out. (Affecting physically: headaches, tight shoulders, etc)
        2. Overwhelmed - "I have to many things to do and not enough time to do them all."
        3. Lack of focus - "There are so many things to do, I don't know what to focus on next so I go from task to task without really accomplishing anything."
        4. Not enough time for family.
        5. No time for myself or to do any of the things that I love to do.
        6. Distracted - "no matter how far behind I am, I still feel compelled to check my email, facebook or other social media."
        Based on that, I'd suggest adding a "Without ____" clause to your title or subtitle. I've worked with that type for a long time, I know how they think. They have a hard time letting go because they feel like they SHOULD be doing everything.

Their biggest fear is that they'll have to give up something in order to get focused. They're afraid something won't get done right or that they'll let someone down. That's usually what's behind all that multitasking.

So whatever goes in the ___ after "Without," should be the thing they're afraid they'll have to give up in order to get focused. It should also be in THEIR words.

Overcome Overwhelm
        How to wipe out distraction and find your focus WITHOUT neglecting your family

That'll bring down their biggest fear barrier. It could also settle the "When will I have time to Read this book?" objection.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8995849].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim R
    Almost Amish: Double Your Productivity And Halve Your Stress In Only 30 Days.

(Kidding. Kind of.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8997555].message }}
      lol!

That's great.

That will be my new reality show: "Almost Amish"

Originally Posted by Tim R View Post

Almost Amish: Double Your Productivity And Halve Your Stress In Only 30 Days.

(Kidding. Kind of.)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998057].message }}
    Just had this suggestion for the subtitle:

Slash the Stress, Get More Done…and Have More Fun!”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jontipping
      Book title: Overwhelmed?

Subtitle: Reduce Stress, recover lost time and increase productivity in less than a month
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998099].message }}

Trending Topics