Need help with sales copy for affiliates

8 replies
I am assisting with an online summit and need a help with sales copy for afiliates, new at this
#affiliates #copy #sales
  • Profile picture of the author erinwrites
    Do you need a critique of what you've got? Are you trying to find someone to hire? Do you need suggestions on how to get started? A little guidance will help us help you.
    Signature
    I put words on the Internet.
    Silly Haikus starting at $5! PM me for details! (Because it's fun)

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richiriche
      Thanks for the reply, pretty much how to get started..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
    Without solid proof your endeavor is destined for success, signing up affiliates will be a struggle.

Serious affiliates have no shortage of opportunity. Give them ample evidence they won't be squandering opportunity on their marketing calendar.

Then put that proof into words. Keep it short, direct, no BS. Affiliates see through pretty words.

- Rick Duris

PS: Offering reciprocal opportunity for promotion can often get you over the hump if your endeavor is new.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erinwrites
    What makes *you* believe in the product? You're starting place is finding a way to articulate why *you* find it valuable. Find a way to articulate that so that you can get some sales for yourself. If you get sales yourself, the affiliates will follow. (There are a few extra steps in there but you were mostly interested in STARTING)
    Signature
    I put words on the Internet.
    Silly Haikus starting at $5! PM me for details! (Because it's fun)

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8998809].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joesfortune
    Looks like there isn't much anybody can start with. Online summit on what?
    Signature

Joseph M. Dabon
    Blogger and freelance writer. I belong to Ezine's Expert Author, Diamond, level. Visit me at
    http://withinyouisyoursuccess.com/

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8999919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chriswrighto
    Rick and Erin make a good point.

When it comes to writing the copy, follow a well known copy formula like AIDA (attention, interest, desire, action).

Like Rick said, the affiliates you want, have plenty of opportunities online so grabbing their attention is a must.

Write your copy... and if it is of high enough level, hand it over to a copywriter so they can improve it.

Or if you're hopeless when it comes to copy... just hire a copywriter.
    Signature

Wealthcopywriter.com :)

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9000077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Banned
    Sigh. If you're looking to attract decent affiliates... dare I say "superaffiliates"... first thing you gotta do is throw that bloody "AIDA" out the window. Talk to them like you're pitching your best mate/buddy. Know how many "affiliate offers" these guys get? A lot. Most of them crap. All written the same way. All offering "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours". Yawn. Be bold. Be different. Get their attention. Make them laugh. Make them cry. Make a video FFS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9000884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bill Jeffels
    Since the information you provided is pretty close to nil.

What do affiliates always want to know? How much money they're going to make. What percentages and what's in it for them.

Take a look at other company's offers that are like yours and model it. But, don't copy it. Get inspiration from it.

Bill

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9009411].message }}

Trending Topics