Live Event Recommendations?

18 replies
Hi all,

Ok, I'm thinking that maybe I need to come out from behind my computer and attend a live event some time, start networking and actually get to know some people face-to-face (gasp!).

I've never attended a live event and need some recommendations. Anybody know what live events are happening in the last half of 2009?

I'm looking for something reasonably priced (say, under $1,000, preferably $500 or less). I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it this year or not; it all depends on what's happening during the rest of this year.

So please speak up if you know what's happening. I'd appreciate some recommendations!

Sincerely,
Michelle
#event #live #recommendations
  • Profile picture of the author indexphp
    ASW and ASE.

Most all the seminars are pitch-fests. You need to go to a conference.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[922913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wilson Mattos
    I highly recommend the StomperNet LIVE events. There is no pitching. 3 days of pure content and great networking. I have been to 2 of them so far and the speakers were awesome! Great networking as well.

They have one coming up in August. They are usually very expensive, but in the past I have seen discounts advertised by certain marketers that make the price reasonable. PM me if you want more details and I will get back to you.

Wil
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[922918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nightengale
      Stompernet! Great idea. Thanks! (Ok, that's offically a "Duh!" moment for me. I get so overloaded on info that I can't see what's right in front of me. Which is why I go to my Warrior friends to help keep me on track!)

Ummm.... What's ASW and ASE? (Forgive me if I should know. I'm not feeling too alert this morning.)

Michelle
      Signature
      "You can't market here. This is a marketing discussion forum!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[923152].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jayman
        Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Stompernet! Great idea. Thanks! (Ok, that's offically a "Duh!" moment for me. I get so overloaded on info that I can't see what's right in front of me. Which is why I go to my Warrior friends to help keep me on track!)

Ummm.... What's ASW and ASE? (Forgive me if I should know. I'm not feeling too alert this morning.)

Michelle
        I believe they are Affiliate Summit West and Affiliate Summit East, 2 summits
        every year in both sides of the country. Attended by both advertisers and affiliates
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[923351].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jillian Slack
          The best live events to attend are those put on by:

* Dan Kennedy / Bill Glazer

* Alexandria Brown

Both of them have an event planned for the same weekend in November 2009.

Unlike a lot of other events, these are NOT pitch-fests.

Yes, they both have speakers in addition to speaking at their own events. However, these speakers focus on providing quality content.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[923448].message }}
            Yep Jillian. I have to agree!

I've never been to one of Alexandria Brown's events (but wanted to). I'm one of her customers and have always been impressed by the quality of the products she puts out. And I feel she really provides a fantastic role model for women in Internet marketing as well as women in business in general.

I was never able to attend her Online Success Blueprint Workshop which she hosted from 2005-2008. That's over now, but her new *Shine* event is happening this November and early-bird tickets go on sale tomorrow! I want to go but am still waffling. Even with the discount, I can't afford it right now.

So the question is, do I step out in faith and register anyway? I've never attended a live event. Never really saw the need nor was I motivated to go to the trouble and expense of attending a live event.

But if I were to ever attend one, it would have to be Ali Brown's. Trying to decide whether to register tomorrow or not. I think faith plays an important role in business. Sometimes, we can't always see how things are going to happen and we just have to step out in faith.

I think my real question is, at what point in your business do you justify the cost of attending a live event? Would you do it in the beginning? Somewhere in the middle? Or when you're well-established?

Not quite sure how to approach this...

Michelle
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[935887].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Da Jules

Michelle
        ASE 2010 is in New York Aug. 15th.
        Unfortunately it is sold out.
        I actually have an extra Silver Pass for sale.

PM me with contact info if you or someone you know wants to buy it.

J
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2426312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason James
    Check out Launch Tree Live at the end of this month near Vegas... its put on by Mike Filsaime and Anik Singal. Speakers lineup is damn good too... Stephen Pierce, Armand Morin, Frank Kern and on and on... I think its free too: Launch Tree LIVE Registration

I'll be there... make sure and say hi :-)
    Signature
    I pity the fool who doesnt "Like" me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/JasonJamesExpert

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[935894].message }}
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[935928].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
        Check with Jack Tackett. He's convinced me to finally come to America for the Warrior Conf in NC. Oct 17th
        Signature
        Kevin Riley, long-time Warrior living in Osaka, Japan

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[935948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
      Originally Posted by Jason James View Post

Check out Launch Tree Live at the end of this month near Vegas... its put on by Mike Filsaime and Anik Singal. Speakers lineup is damn good too... Stephen Pierce, Armand Morin, Frank Kern and on and on... I think its free too: Launch Tree LIVE Registration

I'll be there... make sure and say hi :-)
      I will also be attending the Launch Tree event in Las Vegas this week - it's a first for me as I've never been to such an event. I'm not sure whether to expect a 3-day sales pitch or not but the speaker lineup is stellar so it should be good. It's a 6-hour flight to Vegas and I don't drink or gamble so this BETTER be good!
      :rolleyes:

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is to meeting some fellow Internet Marketers, and to that effect I've been racing to put the final touches on an online application for Internet Marketers that I have been working on since 2005! I'm hoping to demo it to some other Marketers, get some constructive feedback and hopefully recruit some potential beta testers and affiliates. I'd also love to hear what everyone else is working on and see if there is any way we could work together - like Michelle I've been spending way too much time in front of the screen lately and look forward to some social contact with my peers!

Jason I'll make sure to seek you out and say Aloha - I'd also love to meet with any other Warriors and exchange greetings and ideas.

BTW, the night before the Launch Tree event there is a "Tweet Up" at the Vegas Hilton that is being attended by several Launch Tree attendees and some of the Vegas IM crowd. You can check it out at twtvite :: Come join us for the first Las Vegas Tweet Up Event @LasVegasHilton (via @lasvegashilton) .

Looking forward to making new friends in Vegas!

Bill
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1000949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pete223
    Hi Michelle,

Here is the link to the event Kevin was just referring to:
    http://www.warriorforum.com/local-me...9-edition.html

Cheers, Pete
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936009].message }}
      Thanks for your help guys! I appreciate it.

Jillian,

Are you going to Alexandria Brown's event?

Michelle
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[937452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony M.
    I'll be at Launch Tree Live too
    Signature

Mass Control users might want to read this :
    How you can multiply the results of the 4 day Cash Machine

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1004561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Don Schenk
    Yep, Kevin is correct. The 2nd Annual Warrior Event will be held that weekend middle of October. I thinks it's Fri Sat and Sun. I have the dates marked in my book at work. I can check on it tomorrow. It's in Raleigh, NC.

As I recall the price is right too. Read that Very Affordable! And proceeds go to charity to.

The last one was a lot of fun.

:-Don
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1004590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
    Just wanted to let folks know I've updated the thread for the meeting here:

http://www.warriorforum.com/local-me...9-edition.html

You can also now join our notification list at:
    Coming Soon

I'm working with Jason to get the sales letter on line, so until then you can sign up for the seminar at the early bird rate of $127. Just paypal that amount to jackt@netwharf.com to reserve your seat at this great event.

We're meeting at the Marriott Crabtree and have arranged a great nightly deal of $89 night. Just use the meeting name: Netwharf Warrior Meeting.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

best,
    --Jack
    Signature
    Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
    Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1030282].message }}
      Thanks for keeping us updated!

BTW, does this Mariott have WiFi? For most of us, our laptops are our fifth appendage.

Michelle
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1030357].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jacktackett
        Hi Michelle,
        yep they have wifi in the rooms and it will be available in the conference room too. Janis convinced me to make power outlets available to each table so folks will also have a place to plug in their netbooks, laptops, kindles, etc. without long extension cords or people tripping over them.
        Hope to see you there!
        best,
        --Jack

Thanks for keeping us updated!

BTW, does this Mariott have WiFi? For most of us, our laptops are our fifth appendage.

Michelle
        Signature
        Let's get Tim the kidney he needs!HELP Tim
        Mega Monster WSO for KimW http://ow.ly/4JdHm

{{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1030398].message }}

Trending Topics