how do you embed youtube video (without it being clickable to youtube?)?

by BJ Min 31 replies
how do you embed youtube video (without it being clickable to youtube?)?
#social media #clickable #embed #video #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author marcuslim
    I don't think this is possible. I'm happy to be proven wrong though...
    Signature

    Please read the forum rules.

  • Profile picture of the author onSubie
    I think marcuslim is right. You can set a lot of variations on controls/full screen, etc. but I don't think you can disable the link back to YouTube.

    I would recommend enabling full screen. I see a lot of YouTube videos embedded on websites that do not allow "full screen" so I have to click through to YouTube to watch the video full screen.

    Better visitors can maximize if from your site, then they are still at your site when they close the video.

    Mahlon
    • Profile picture of the author myonnet
      Originally Posted by onSubie View Post

      I think marcuslim is right. You can set a lot of variations on controls/full screen, etc. but I don't think you can disable the link back to YouTube.

      I would recommend enabling full screen. I see a lot of YouTube videos embedded on websites that do not allow "full screen" so I have to click through to YouTube to watch the video full screen.

      Better visitors can maximize if from your site, then they are still at your site when they close the video.

      Mahlon
      I'd go with onSubie's advice on let your users see the video full screen, so they rather stay on your page at the end.
  • Profile picture of the author Mitsakis
    I don't think you can do that if you embed the video directly from youtube. But you can download the flv file and host it from your server with your own flash player. Search for "JW Player".
    Signature
    .
    • Profile picture of the author Colin Palfrey
      Originally Posted by Mitsakis View Post

      I don't think you can do that if you embed the video directly from youtube. But you can download the flv file and host it from your server with your own flash player. Search for "JW Player".
      Provided that it's your video then it's okay, otherwise you are headed for a world of trouble. You can use syndicated content in the form it has been syndicated, but not re-upload or modify it. That would be theft.

      I thought it best to clarify that one, just in case anybody got the wrong idea.

      Regards,
      Colin Palfrey
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    You mean like this:

  • Profile picture of the author jaiganeshv
    I think making the youtube video not clickable is against youtube terms. Lets not kill google services, they provide the best to us webmasters, these kind of hacks may prevent video embeds in future..


    Thanks
  • Profile picture of the author BJ Min
    that video is clickable...im asking because i have seen some sales pages have videos and it is not clickable...so visitors stay on the sales page instead of go to youtube.
    • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
      Originally Posted by BJ Min View Post

      that video is clickable...im asking because i have seen some sales pages have videos and it is not clickable...so visitors stay on the sales page instead of go to youtube.
      In IE8 and Chrome I click that video and stay right on this page. I couldn't click away if I wanted to.
  • Profile picture of the author TwinDragon
    I have to agree with highstake, keep the link. When they close YouTube, they should still be on your site.
    Signature

    Seeking my teeth into all this great information.

  • Profile picture of the author localvseo
    You could always use alternate video hosting services for complete control.
    Signature
    www.thirdarch.com
    Demand Generation for B2B Companies
  • Profile picture of the author MSC
    You can't completely remove link back to youtube source video, though you can always use Jw Player or any other OVP (online video player), that will allow to import youtube videos and embedd it in your customized video player.
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Hess
    If you're using Wordpress:

    Download the "Flash Video Player" Wordpress plugin: WordPress › Flash Video Player « WordPress Plugins

    Active the plugin.

    Enter the following short code wherever you would like the YouTube video to be displayed:

    Code:
    [flashvideo file=http://youtube.com/watch?v=pShf2VuAu_Q /]
    (Obviously, replace the YouTube video link with your own )

    There are many options for the player itself including the ability to hide the controls, autoplay, change the size of videos, etc...

    Here's a demo of the plugin in action using all the default settings: http://marketinginunderwear.com/youtube-demo/

    The plugin works with ANY Wordpress theme.
    Signature

Trending Topics