Facebook Ad REJECTED because of OPT-IN?

by 17 comments
Hi Warriors,

I just started using FACEBOOK ads to advertise my Publicity Program Free Publicity Star.

I posted several ads that lead to my homepage (Which does have a name and email capture) and just received word that they were not approved for the following reason:

If your ad leads to a destination URL that prompts users to input personal data (such as a phone number, email address, etc.), please ensure that there is a full privacy policy clearly available that guarantees the protection of such data.

Which is weird because:

1) A TON of websites have email forms.
2) I have other ads on Facebook that WERE approved which also offer FREE gifts with Opt-IN.

Anyone have any insight into why this happens or how-to get around it?

Thanks!
#social networks #facebook #optin #rejected
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Like it says you need a Privacy Policy.
    • Profile picture of the author James Gould
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      Like it says you need a Privacy Policy.
      Taken more time to read this thread and write the OP than to actually read the email from Facebook with the answer in...

      Jamie.
  • Profile picture of the author IMPromocoder
    Create a privacy policy page ( lots of free tools online , I used generateprivacypolicy.com) , seems like that would solve the issue. Other than that, it's always possible to re-submit a rejected ad, you could fall on a more forgiving person.
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Kaye
      Originally Posted by IMPromocoder View Post

      Create a privacy policy page ( lots of free tools online , I used generateprivacypolicy.com) , seems like that would solve the issue. Other than that, it's always possible to re-submit a rejected ad, you could fall on a more forgiving person.
      Okay I created and added a Privacy Policy! (Thanks!)

      But now it's not letting me resubmit...do I have to recreate the entire ad?
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Hey Mark
    The best place to look is here: Social Media Marketing Forum
  • Profile picture of the author Abhik
    A privacy policy? Like "We respect you privacy, we'll never sell or rent you email and blah blah blah?
  • Profile picture of the author Mark72
    It seems to be a bit random.

    Sometimes they get accepted, sometimes they don't.

    Have you tried waiting a week and trying again? I did this and got my ad through.

    It must be down to the individual reviewing the ad on that particular day.
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    From what you wrote in your original post, your ad was not rejected because it had an optin, your ad was rejected because you had an optin and did not include a privacy policy.

    All your webpages should have legal documents linked to down the bottom. Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Contact Us page at the bare minimum. Earnings disclaimer as well if you are selling make money online type products.

    This is something you should get into the habit of doing with all of your pages whether you are posting them on Facebook or not. You will find most of the big advertising platforms will expect this of you.

    If you are collecting people's details you should always have a privacy policy. It is there to protect you just as much as your visitors.
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Kaye
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      From what you wrote in your original post, your ad was not rejected because it had an optin, your ad was rejected because you had an optin and did not include a privacy policy.

      All your webpages should have legal documents linked to down the bottom. Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Contact Us page at the bare minimum. Earnings disclaimer as well if you are selling make money online type products.

      This is something you should get into the habit of doing with all of your pages whether you are posting them on Facebook or not. You will find most of the big advertising platforms will expect this of you.

      If you are collecting people's details you should always have a privacy policy. It is there to protect you just as much as your visitors.
      Okay, so I have a privacy policy and I have resubmitted but I keep getting rejected for the exact same reason. Not sure what else I can do.

      I submitted a question via support but haven;t heard anything back yet.

      By the way it's not an affiliate program...it's my very own product.

      Not sure what to do next.
  • Profile picture of the author CageyVet
    Ummm, I went to your webpage and you have a privacy policy link at the bottom that leads to http://www.freepublicitystar.com/disclaimers/4919 but that is not a valid page and the link does not take you there...

    that could be your issue now....

    Best thing for any website where you are wanting to use paid advertising is to have the normal business pages associated. Privacy policy, disclaimer, terms of use etc etc....
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Kaye
      Originally Posted by CageyVet View Post

      Ummm, I went to your webpage and you have a privacy policy link at the bottom that leads to http://www.freepublicitystar.com/disclaimers/4919 but that is not a valid page and the link does not take you there...

      that could be your issue now....

      Best thing for any website where you are wanting to use paid advertising is to have the normal business pages associated. Privacy policy, disclaimer, terms of use etc etc....
      Thanks. I think I fixed that. Mind taking another look?
  • Profile picture of the author CageyVet
    Yes it is fixed now. I would recommend having a hyperlink back tot he homepage that is clickable on that privacy page. Some advertisers have an issue with a privacy page that does not have a working link back to the site because there is no ability for the end visitor to easily correlate the privacy page and the content that you are talking about in terms of that privacy. Just turn the link in the contact us area into a working link should be fine.

Next Topics on Trending Feed