Replies changing fonts

by David Beroff 5 replies
Something's recently changed, where when one replies to an existing post, the fonts no longer stay "neutral". Then, to make matters a bit worse, folks (like myself) who notice something going on each try to correct it, but we're all trying slightly different approaches, and the resulting threads show several different appearances, rather than the intended standard one. (Part of the correction issue is that these text boxes start with a neutral (unspecified) font and size, but there doesn't seem to be a way to select text and then apply those attributes.)

Sorry that the above isn't very clear; it's 1 am here, and I need to get some sleep. Maybe someone with a more clear head can help clarify.
#suggestion forum #changing #fonts #replies
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author flamekin
    Originally Posted by David Beroff View Post

    Something's recently changed, where when one replies to an existing post, the fonts no longer stay "neutral". Then, to make matters a bit worse, folks (like myself) who notice something going on each try to correct it, but we're all trying slightly different approaches, and the resulting threads show several different appearances, rather than the intended standard one. (Part of the correction issue is that these text boxes start with a neutral (unspecified) font and size, but there doesn't seem to be a way to select text and then apply those attributes.)

    Sorry that the above isn't very clear; it's 1 am here, and I need to get some sleep. Maybe someone with a more clear head can help clarify.
    Hi David,

    Correct me if I'm wrong but what you are saying is that, you can't toggle and save the font options you want to use when replying to a post?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11038999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by flamekin View Post

      Hi David,

      Correct me if I'm wrong but what you are saying is that, you can't toggle and save the font options you want to use when replying to a post?
      I normally don't touch the fonts at all; most people don't.

      This reply that I'm typing right now seems normal. But something odd was going on when I replied to this post. If you look at my reply very carefully, you'll see that the font/size are ever-so-slightly off, because I wasn't able to correct them right. I've seen other people's posts with similar issues in the last few hours.

      Yes, I do realize that this is pretty minor in the big picture. But if you start getting too many different styles in your threads, they are going to give the wrong vibe, either consciously or subconsciously, and that can have negative results.
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039012].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author flamekin
        Originally Posted by David Beroff View Post

        I normally don't touch the fonts at all; most people don't.

        This reply that I'm typing right now seems normal. But something odd was going on when I replied to this post. If you look at my reply very carefully, you'll see that the font/size are ever-so-slightly off, because I wasn't able to correct them right. I've seen other people's posts with similar issues in the last few hours.

        Yes, I do realize that this is pretty minor in the big picture. But if you start getting too many different styles in your threads, they are going to give the wrong vibe, either consciously or subconsciously, and that can have negative results.
        Got it, thanks! I've forwarded this to the engineering guys to be taken a look at.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheOverseer
    @David Beroff

    Also, kindly provide a screenshot of it so we can check
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039007].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
      Originally Posted by TheOverseer View Post

      @David Beroff

      Also, kindly provide a screenshot of it so we can check
      Will do, next time I see this.

      Also, get your own name/handle display changed to red; all the cool kids are doing it.
      Signature
      Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11039389].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics

  • 4 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Quick Newbie Question Please

    Hello, i need to know WHY i need to have a niche for affiliate marketing. Would a general product review website be possible. What if i make categories and out ... [read more]

  • 8 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Advertising on Theater Screens

    I just have to tell this story. I live in a town of about 17,000. There are two vacuum cleaner stores in town. I own one of them. We get ... [read more]

  • 146 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Tons of Bad Advice In This Thread

    Most people that come to the forum are looking for advice on how to build their business or to otherwise make more money. Thanks to all those willing to help ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    Has anybody used samcart before?

    staxsceo in Product Reviews

    I'm looking to try the samcart site. It's a one page landing sells page. I'm looking for any feedback on it, good or bad. Thank you for your time and ... [read more]

  • 1 {{ upvoteCount | shortNum }}

    I'm really thinking about joining the War Room

    christinadanderson in Off Topic

    I'd like to get feedback from other members on how they like it. $97 is all that I have and I'd rather pay it on a month by month basis. ... [read more]